Super Bowl XLVII

rainmaker17

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In regards to officiating complaints (because that's what I do)...

1. Niners wouldn't have been in the Super Bowl without the benefit of the doubt on a close defensive holding call that probably should have gone against them.

2. Niners benefited from two pretty blatant holds on their last drive. One was on the Davis drop (Ravens lineman had his shoulder grabbed and pulled down.) The other was on a big Gore run (Ravens #31 was grabbed by the shoulder and twisted around).

3. The actual play was about as 50/50 as it gets. And Crabtree did not help himself by returning the contact and appearing to push off.

4. There was another pretty blatant hold on the Ravens on the safety that went uncalled. Probably allowed an extra four seconds to tick off. It probably did not matter, but it's hard to figure how the ref missed it.

Caught this while checking on Wikipedia

I don't care who erases this, it must be known that on three separate Ravens touchdowns, the ball was not thrown in the direction catch was made. I cannot in current technology explain why physics changed themselves but I don't care what anyone says...

...THE RAVENS CHEATED THIS SUPER BOWL.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Caught this while checking on Wikipedia

I don't care who erases this, it must be known that on three separate Ravens touchdowns, the ball was not thrown in the direction catch was made. I cannot in current technology explain why physics changed themselves but I don't care what anyone says...

...THE RAVENS CHEATED THIS SUPER BOWL.

Drunken angry Wikipedia editing.

4. There was another pretty blatant hold on the Ravens on the safety that went uncalled. Probably allowed an extra four seconds to tick off. It probably did not matter, but it's hard to figure how the ref missed it.

The penalty should have been called, but the play was still live. The same amount of time would be left if the penalty was called and a safety was to awarded by rule.

The penalty should have been called, but the play was still live. The same amount of time

would be left if the penalty was called and a safety was to awarded by rule.

Could the Niners have been able to push the punt back to the 10 since the penalty would've needed to be enforced?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Hope the 49er fans don't destroy themselves over this. They have a very talented core of guys and a young QB. Just not their night.

They won't. The future is bright. Once they move into their new stadium in 2014 they will be printing money hand over foot.

we got screwed tonight plain and simple. the last offensive play for us WAS HOLDING AND WASNT CALLED..

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

The penalty should have been called, but the play was still live. The same amount of time

would be left if the penalty was called and a safety was to awarded by rule.

Could the Niners have been able to push the punt back to the 10 since the penalty would've needed to be enforced?

No. It is still a live ball foul.

On a loose ball/passing play, in which offensive holding is called in the endzone and a safety is earned, they do not have a free kick from the 10.

Blaming the officiating is always crappy. Accept the responsibility of losing and move on. Be mad at the Ravens all you want, but all this crying about robbery and stuff is dumb.

The 49ers were pissing the game away with their awful first half and letting Jones go 109 yards to start the second. They valiantly turned around and made it one hell of a finish, but fact is they had two red zone opportunities late in the game and couldn't punch it in.

The 49ers got an additional break on a very iffy roughing the kicker call after Akers shat what was allegedly a field goal attempt.

Get over it. Losing a superbowl SUCKS ASS, I know this feeling. It is truly, truly empty, hollow, enraging, and all you want is to lash out, but have some dignity.

Better yet get away from the computer.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The best thing I've read tonight online about the outcome:

"Yay! Cleveland Browns win the Superbowl!"

*shoots self*
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Kind of lame to blame officials for the Niners loss. The Ravens gave them every possible chance to win and they didn't. I'm glad it was a good game though!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived