AHL Franchise Relocation News & Rumors

randyc

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAHAHAHAHAHA THIS IS SO STUPID. Glad they bought the Rivermen and declared them to be dead in advance of failing to move them. Screw you Canucks you suck at everything.

I could really care less if they're making money. As long as they're developing players properly, that's the only thing that matters to me.

Yeah but they're doing the same thing as the Coyotes and that's ethically wrong.

I stopped believing there was anything 'ethical' about sports two years ago. eventually, it just breaks down to dollars and cents.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

I think the Canucks will make them a road only team before going back to Peoria. Or rather Peoria won't let them back.

Oh, I'm sure Peoria would let them back...provided there was assistance in procuring a replacement hockey team of some form.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

As per Twitter,the Heat are staying in Abbotsford next season. City and Canucks were unable to come to a deal.

as per @gordmcintyre

Which brings up the question of where the Canucks put that AHL team now...

Houston?

Houston's the one that doesn't want a hockey team.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Stupid. Not only is it annoying and redundant to have the Wolves and the Wolf Pack (though not as bad as Milwaukee and Norfolk), it looks silly to have dressed up as the Whalers for, oh, two and a half years, only to be like "no, just kidding, we were always a half-heartedly branded minor-league team, gotcha."

Shouldn't even have to talk about the AHL in Hartford but let's not go down that path because it just brings out stupid people.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Stupid. Not only is it annoying and redundant to have the Wolves and the Wolf Pack (though not as bad as Milwaukee and Norfolk), it looks silly to have dressed up as the Whalers for, oh, two and a half years, only to be like "no, just kidding, we were always a half-heartedly branded minor-league team, gotcha."

Shouldn't even have to talk about the AHL in Hartford but let's not go down that path because it just brings out stupid people.

I'm sure the average 1,500 fans in attendance won't even be able to see the difference.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

If not Peoria, I'm sure the Canucks won't mind ripping a page from the Flames' playbook and ruining a potential minor league market such as Vegas or Nanaimo for a year until they can squeeze every cent out of Abbotsford in 2014-15.

**edit** TOTALLY forgot about Chilliwack.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So the Canucks move to Chilliwack because Abbotsford couldn't figure how to wiggle out of their deal with the Flames, Heat bleed Abby dry for the remainder of their lease agreement, then the Flames skips town and what's of the city collapses into itself.

Sounds about right.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If they had actually dressed up as the Whalers, instead of some insipid halfway measure, they might not be re-re-branding now.

If they had actually dressed up as the Whalers, instead of some insipid halfway measure, they might not be re-re-branding now.

Or if, you know, people actually showed up to the games...

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Having visited Chilliwack & ABbotsfird--I'd ratehr spend time in Abbotsford.

Although Chilliwack has some good points.

Now which is better for a hockey team?

I'll let the locals argue about that one.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I don't care for either one, honestly. It's like, "do you want to be punched in the taint or in the crotch," neither one is particularly enjoyable or preferable over the other.

However, this is all moot until the Canucks announce where they're plunking the team.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Apparently the Canucks are considering putting the team in Rogers Arena until they can find a more viable home. http://www.theprovin...1242/story.html

Apparently the Canucks are considering putting the team in Rogers Arena until they can find a more viable home. http://www.theprovin...1242/story.html

Natural and true rivalry. Look at Adirondack and Albany. Both teams are in the SAME metropolitan area.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Natural and true rivalry. Look at Adirondack and Albany. Both teams are in the SAME metropolitan area.

Yeah, it would still be a temporary arrangement. I think the Canucks should consider putting the team somewhere else in the PNW. Maybe try exploring Seattle/Portland or those surrounding metro areas.

Archived