2013 NCAA Tournament

thespleenenator

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who and I mean WHO honestly had FGCU in the sweet 16?

You know, THAT GUY who fills out 20 brackets and does one with all upsets so he can say "I picked em!"

But if that one bracket has all upsets, where are the favorite or obvious teams in it (Syracuse, Michigan, Louisville, etc)?

There's no chance in hell there's a perfect bracket left. If there is, then that guy spent thousands of dollars to rig computer programs from a basement, so that he can win all his matchups.

I think I've jumped off my couch a good three of four times this half. Pretty sure Florida Gulf Coast making the Sweet 16 is the greatest thing in the tournament EVER.

6uXNWAo.png

Who and I mean WHO honestly had FGCU in the sweet 16?

You know, THAT GUY who fills out 20 brackets and does one with all upsets so he can say "I picked em!"

But if that one bracket has all upsets, where are the favorite or obvious teams in it (Syracuse, Michigan, Louisville, etc)?

There's no chance in hell there's a perfect bracket left. If there is, then that guy spent thousands of dollars to rig computer programs from a basement, so that he can win all his matchups.

The odds of filling out a prefect bracket: 1 in 9,223,372,036,854,775,808. I'd like to meet the guy who has time to do this. (Actually I wouldn't.)

6uXNWAo.png

Obviously nobody predicted this, but looking at their schedule it really doesn't shock me. They beat Miami pretty handily and hung with Duke for a majority of the game (aside from a 30-0 run at the end of the first half). It is pretty much the craziest thing that I've ever seen in the tournament though, and I hope they beat Florida next week.

FGCU is one of the - perhaps the - most exciting team we've ever seen in the tournament. Very impressed by Andy Enfield's system and recruiting (how did they get so many athletes?) and their killer transition game.

They also have one of the nicest uniform sets in the tournament, even if it's a ripoff of Duke's look. That color scheme just pops.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Three thoughts on Florida Gulf Coast's run ...

• I dare Villanova to schedule them at the Wells Fargo Center in non-conference play, just to see if it's the building that is giving FGCU all this mojo.
  • How soon before they hop conferences?
  • They are the Eagles, coached by an Andy. It will not end victoriously.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Archived