2013 NCAA Tournament

thespleenenator

Down goes another Big East school. Ouside of that one UConn team, the conference has been absolutely horrible come tournament time these last several years. Extremely overrated.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FGCU is just barely over the legal age to drink (school founded in 1991, didn't have it's first classes until 1997) and they now have an NCAA Tourney win. There are some schools who have never made the tourney let alone get a win, so hats off to FGCU for pulling off this grand stunner... yes, my bracket has gone to hell now, but who cares?

Congrats on Family Guy Collegiate University on their upset.

I've had it with you.

Good God, people can't take any jokes even slightly. It was a sarcasm approach to how their jerseys looked from a far to me.

If there should be anyone offended, it's the basketball world for seeing yet another Big East tourney f##kup.

And the brackets continue to (com)bust across the nation.

Your Gators better reach at least the Elite Eight now.

They had a grand gift with Missouri being upset in a 15/2 last year, which easily paved their way to the Regional Finals, where they were further (seemingly) helped by Louisville beating #1 Michigan State.

Two 11 point leads blown in the last two Regional Finals for the Gators. I have loftier expectations simply out of sheer discontent of opportunities thrown ashore. Yeah, Kentucky probably beats them in the Final Four last year, but they damn well could've won the Title in 2011, so that one still chaps me hide to this day.

spacer.png

I don't feel like we're mocking the Big East enough. Let me guess, the real reason they're grabbing Xavier, Butler, and Creighton is that they want to get schools that actually don't lose in the tournament.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I mean there's upsets and there's upsets.

There hasn't really been a game yet this tournament where I've been stunned as to who won. If Florida Gulf Coast beats Georgetown that will change.

Even if you weren't high on Georgetown, who the hell is Florida Gulf Coast outside of a college that is on the gulf coast of Florida?

A school that is doing what the big schools did a century ago. Pumping money into athletics and buildings like they were Stagg-Era Chicago or something.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'll take Bo Ryan's boring, methodical offense over an asshat like Marshall Henderson any day.

I cannot like this comment enough times.

Henderson is one of the biggest douchebags I've seen com ethrough the college ranks in quite some time.

He reminds me of Joakim Noah the collegiate, if his attitude was more openly expressed off the court.

But in truth, I like players like Henderson, the players who can show passion for his team, then taunt other teams and can show for it. We need more players like him to spice the college basketball soup; frankly this season, after Henderson, there aren't any players you just love to hate these last couple of years. The last kinds of players in NCAA basketball people loved to hate were in the Noah/Hansborough/Reddick era.

While this season's uncertainties in the outcomes have been great for the overall game, a little antagonism here and there wouldn't hurt.

I'll take Bo Ryan's boring, methodical offense over an asshat like Marshall Henderson any day.

I cannot like this comment enough times.

Henderson is one of the biggest douchebags I've seen com ethrough the college ranks in quite some time.

He reminds me of Joakim Noah the collegiate, if his attitude was more openly expressed off the court.

But in truth, I like players like Henderson, the players who can show passion for his team, then taunt other teams and can show for it. We need more players like him to spice the college basketball soup; frankly this season, after Henderson, there aren't any players you just love to hate these last couple of years. The last kinds of players in NCAA basketball people loved to hate were in the Noah/Hansborough/Reddick era.

While this season's uncertainties in the outcomes have been great for the overall game, a little antagonism here and there wouldn't hurt.

I give him credit for calling out SEC coaches last week calling them, "losers" but in reality, he is an average player. He also happens to be a shooting guard who has a poor shooting percentage. Someone has to score points on the team, so it is him by default. Andy Kennedy knows it and put his job on the line to bring him in after his stints at Utah, jail, and Texas Tech. Getting to the tournament for the first time (and winning a game) saved Kennedy's job.

He is the white college player who does not have the on-court demeanor like your stereotypical white college player. That, along with his past creates an instant story for someone to follow.

There aren't words to describe the horror that is my Western chunk of the bracket. With this impending Notre Dame loss, I am down to Gonzaga, Arizona and Ohio St. being my correct picks ... and only had one of those three making it past the round of 32.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

Archived