2013 NCAA Tournament

thespleenenator

It's been said a million times before, but I'm going to say it again.

I hate the generic courts. I miss the old days when a game would be played at the Frank Erwin Center and all you would see is Orange. Obviously take away large school branding but at least keep the baseline colour and court type.

Yeah it just has this bland feel to it. I get you probably don't want to be playing tourney games on something resembling Oregon's court, but this is the other extreme.

Its even that bad of a court design. I just don't want to see it for every single game.

What I don't get is why its such an issue for the NCAA. It obviously is because they are clearly going out of their way to have this. But your paying money for a brand new court that your going to use for a handful of games and then possibly never again. I could see that rational for the title game, but not for opening round games. It just seems like a waste of money because a few people are being very anal about what the courts need to look like.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the generic courts. I miss the old days when a game would be played at the Frank Erwin Center and all you would see is Orange. Obviously take away large school branding but at least keep the baseline colour and court type.

Even worse because it's blue lettering on black baselines.

I mean, I guess it's readable, but it could be so much better.

spacer.png

Yeah it just has this bland feel to it. I get you probably don't want to be playing tourney games on something resembling Oregon's court, but this is the other extreme.

Its even that bad of a court design. I just don't want to see it for every single game.

What I don't get is why its such an issue for the NCAA. Your paying money for a brand new court that your going to use for a handful of games and then possibly never again. I could see that rational for the title game, but not for opening round games. It just seems like a waste of money because a few people are being very anal about what the courts need to look like.

What else are you going to use the money on? It's not like you can pay the players.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Kansas St. getting pummeled by La Salle in a 13/4 upset special.

This is so entirely not the Tournament to have ridden chalk on.

If that happens, bracket should be wide open for a Gonzaga run to the Elite Eight.

*loses to Wichita State*

But yeah, um K-State, you should take a little bit longer to stop listening to Bruce Weber.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And since I'm not done kicking Wisconsin yet, LaSalle at halftime is only 2 points shy of what Wisconsin managed in an entire game.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

My picks have actually been going very well, so far *knock on wood* I've only lost one Sweet 16 team (New Mexico) and have only gotten three games wrong overall. That being said I absolutely need Kansas State to pull off this come back as I have them in the Elite 8.

What the hell was Kansas State doing on that last possession? What were they doing offensively for the final minute of the game? They practically gave it away after a great comeback. One elite 8 team down for me.

Bruce Weber.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Watching La Salle play in the first four I had to pick them to beat KSTATE (glad I did) they are a pretty solid team I actually have them going to the elite 8 losing to Ohio State hope that works out. Other game I got for upsets in round of 32...... Creighton over Duke, Illinois over Miami, Oregon over SLU, VCU over Michigan and if UNC wins I have them beating Kansas. Hope I get them right I'm in a pool at work thats up over 4,500

sportslogosbutton1.pngsportslogosbutton2.png

2l9mudh.jpg

Archived