2013 NCAA Tournament

thespleenenator

So if an intentional shot to the balls isn't a F2, what is?

I look at the flagrant rule in college basketball's version of the balk rule. I know what the rule says but I still don't know exactly what it is and I'm not sure the refs/umps know either.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I look at the flagrant rule in college basketball's version of the balk rule. I know what the rule says but I still don't know exactly what it is and I'm not sure the refs/umps know either.

A flagrant personal foul (or intentional foul) involves excessive or severe contact during a live ball.

A flagrant technical foul involves unsportsmanlike conduct that is extreme in nature, or excessive or severe contact during a dead ball. Fighting is also considered a flagrant technical foul.

The penalty for a flagrant technical foul in NCAA and NFHS rules is immediate ejection of the offending player, plus two free throws and a throw-in for the opposing team. The ejected player is also suspended during the next game played by his or her team.

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

A flagrant personal foul (or intentional foul) involves excessive or severe contact during a live ball.

A flagrant technical foul involves unsportsmanlike conduct that is extreme in nature, or excessive or severe contact during a dead ball. Fighting is also considered a flagrant technical foul.

The penalty for a flagrant technical foul in NCAA and NFHS rules is immediate ejection of the offending player, plus two free throws and a throw-in for the opposing team. The ejected player is also suspended during the next game played by his or her team.

Like I said, I know what the rule says. No idea what it is. What exactly is excessive contact? To me that's any hard foul where your not going for the ball. That's not the way its called though, so I don't know what it is then.

Well, at least it was only single digits. This team is young. It's exciting to think that they managed to do this with two freshman guards. It'll suck losing Kazemi, but I think we'll manage. It was a great year, and I'm happy for this team making it this far.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

What a comeback by Michigan, hell of a win. Proud to be a Michigander. Go Blue!

Even this Ohio State alum enjoyed watching the Wolverines pull that off. Nice job, Blue. I just noticed that an Ohio State - Michigan title game is possible. That would be pretty cool.

BB52Big.jpg

What a comeback by Michigan, hell of a win. Proud to be a Michigander. Go Blue!

Even this Ohio State alum enjoyed watching the Wolverines pull that off. Nice job, Blue. I just noticed that an Ohio State - Michigan title game is possible. That would be pretty cool.

It would be like the end of Highlander. There can only be one. :P

This whole Florida Gulf Coast thing is unreal!

I'd love to see them knock off the Gators, but I'm thinking it might be 11:59 for FGCU.

EDIT: Is anyone else tired of this bull- :censored: of calling Dallas "North Texas?" (or Miami "South Florida") I didn't notice last night, was LA being referred to as "Southern California?"

BB52Big.jpg

I'd love to see them knock off the Gators, but I'm thinking it might be 11:59 for FGCU.

EDIT: Is anyone else tired of this bull- :censored: of calling Dallas "North Texas?" (or Miami "South Florida") I didn't notice last night, was LA being referred to as "Southern California?"

It's because they're not really in Dallas or Miami. They're in Arlington and Miami Gardens. Either city wouldn't want to be upset at being called Dallas or Miami (even though the teams that play in those stadiums are). It is a little pretentious.

And anyone that wants to throw LA/Anahein back at me, these are two very different things. And I can assure you, the West Regional next year will be played in "Anaheim" not "Southern California" or even "Orange County".

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

EDIT: Is anyone else tired of this bull- :censored: of calling Dallas "North Texas?" (or

Miami "South Florida") I didn't notice last night, was LA being referred to as "Southern

California?"

No it was just referred to as Los Angeles, thankfully.

And it was called Anaheim when they hosted in 2011.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

It's not like the Gators are up by very much at halftime, and they've blown bigger leads this year. FGCU still has a chance.

Did I say they didn't?

And anyone that wants to throw LA/Anahein back at me, these are two very different things. And I can assure you, the West Regional next year will be played in "Anaheim" not "Southern California" or even "Orange County".

Is Anahein near Anaheim? :P

BB52Big.jpg

I'm in phone dammit! :P

---

FGCU is still hanging around but they need to make a run here real soon, or I have a feeling the Gators will start to "boat race" them a bit.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived