New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

The teams twitter posted this a few minutes ago:

https://twitter.com/...1805441/photo/1

These are likely just throwback helmets from recent years. I don't think the new uniforms will be going back to that old horn. But I suppose it could be indicative of the direction (i.e. gray facemasks)

Yeah, after this slow process, there's no way they'd just suddenly throw out a complete helmet like that.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if its very similar to the last pant stripe where it's bigger at the top (someone just mentioned this I believe). Ill try to post something to show what im trying to say

edit:

rough, rough, guess

534915_10151706430953296_2055285128_n.jpg

I don't think they're going to continue using the horn on the pants. I think that the stripes will go straight down the leg like their old uniforms. As for the assymetrical stripes, I think we knew that they weren't going to go with a straight throwback, so this may be the way they chose to deal with the disappearing sleeves on pro jerseys while still maintaining some sort of stripes on the sleeves or shoulders. The Vikings don't have a history of wearing UCLA stripes on their home jerseys, so I'm curious to see if they'll have dimorphic stripes on the home and away jersey or if they'll just use Northwestern stripes on both jerseys. They have used Northwestern stripes on their road jerseys in the past, but I'm curious to see how they try to make the white road uniforms not look like a bland mess.

i honestly wouldnt rule out this possibility on the pants stripe

That would be nice (and probably an indicator of the sleeve stripe), but it really does look like the lower right corner has that white area. I suppose there could be tapering.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

screenshot20130411at102.png

While I'd like that look (probably) more, the "leak" shows very clearly an asymmetrical stripe at least in part of the uniform.

As someone else said, the curving of the stripe makes the most sense for on a model's left leg that's in a running position. It is plausible, however, that we're looking at the right side and seeing this type of cutoff:

ggggggggggggg_display_image.jpg?1333478454

However, this image seems to support the idea that we're looking at the left hip based on the curvature. Then again, it is plausible that a belt loop just happens to be cutting off the "back side" of a more traditional stripe placed on the left hip.

It's really too early to say, but I like the idea of an asymmetrical stripe.

I'm about 90% the stripe we're seeing is asymmetrical, as much as I'd like to see this striping. In addition to the white area in the bottom right of the picture, you can also see the outside seam of the mesh area if you look close enough.

I'm about 90% the stripe we're seeing is asymmetrical, as much as I'd like to see this striping. In addition to the white area in the bottom right of the picture, you can also see the outside seam of the mesh area if you look close enough.

Oooh...good catch on that!

Also, confirmation of no grey pants pretty much outs the reddit guy as a fraud. I still think we see grey facemasks though.

To be fair, he never said the gray pants thing. That was others speculating. Also to the other guy the only team he said anything about chrome was the cowboys, just said the Vikings helmet is unlike any they have ever worn before.

I'm loving the look so far! That pant stripe is definitely interesting though

So I did a quick mockup using the Bear's template, so pardon the sloppiness. Is this what everyone is picturing given the clue?

I also did this one for kicks:

I really, really would like the bottom pants. Simple yet somewhat unique. I hope we are wrong about what we think we are right about.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

So I did a quick mockup using the Bear's template, so pardon the sloppiness. Is this what everyone is picturing given the clue?

Vikes_Side_Pant_Mockup_zps6a2227c2.jpg

I also did this one for kicks:

Vikes_Side_Pant_Mockup_v2_zps17f10436.jpg

I sure hope it is the bottom picture.

spacer.png

Vikes_Side_Pant_Mockup_zps6a2227c2.jpg

That looks really good!

I agree with you, the more i look at it, the more i really like the asymmetrical stripe. It makes sense when looking at the Vikings helmet, and the small amount of yellow being used near the horn, which makes the use there asymmetrical too.

nfl-119659_zps5b31b38f.jpg

Vikes_Side_Pant_Mockup_v2_zps17f10436.jpg

Just watched the video. That's two videos in a row they have gone out of their way to show those bags with purple stripes outlined in gold. There's got to be something to that.

Not to read too much into those bags, but I will the for the sake of conversation. The straps on the bags do look close to the style of stripes above.

Archived