New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

Not always. The Rams get a million style points for the literal interpretation of their nickname, but I certainly wouldn't put the Bengals' or Eagles' helmets above the Packers, 49ers or many others.

Interesting. I do like the pack and 9ers, but i think the bengals are probably the best in the nfl

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We must have a "best helmet in the NFL" thread somewhere, right?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

* my_favorite_teams_helmet.jpg *

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

We all know there are two correct answers to that question:

Cincinnati and St. Louis.

+1.

STL and Cincy get points for actually incorporating a unique design element rather than just slapping their team logo on the side of a helmet. Speaking of slapping a logo on a helmet, the Steelers only got half the message. I don't care if it's tradition, it's a stupid tradition.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

* my_favorite_teams_helmet.jpg *

Nice. Or:

* the_helmet_of_the_team_in_my_immediate_metro_area.jpg *

I live in the New Orleans metro area. I'll go on record that as of today, the Bengals* have the best helmet in the league.

*Subject to change based on Draft Day unveilings.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Considering the massive task in front of them (reprodicing a dozen uniforms of every single team in the four major sports and college football), I don't think it's fair to say they didn't do "a little research." Especially since the teams haven't always been the best keepers of their own history, and in some cases even perpetuate these mistakes.

I guess when your drive-thru order is wrong you just accept it without complaint? Because geez, that chain is making millions of lunches for people all over the country or maybe even the world. Considering the massive task in front of them, I don't think it's fair to say they goofed by not holding those tomatoes for you. B)

So boo f***in' hoo for these guys. If you're going to sell historical illustrations, why bother if they're not accurate? What's next, Washington crossing the Delaware on a Jet Ski?

The customer deserves the best possible product and any successful business is going to do whatever takes to deliver.

And BTW, yeah I know you're just pulling my chain.

We can just put that to rest. I've talked to Scott before, and he has a garage full of research on this stuff. Doesn't mean it's infallible, but no stone was left unturned. The effort and research is there.

The only thing that annoys me about that site is this one

ncaamw1964opt1.jpg

Not only did they acknowledge they screwed up (Michigan never wore a yellow uniform during that season), they still sell it, and say "this jersey should have been painted white, but in fact was painted yellow" right in the sales description. They pretty much just said " :censored: it!"

They did the best they could with the information they had at the time. When you find out something after the fact, you post a correction. It's not like these are just vector drawings that can be recolored with a click. They are all individual, hand-painted watercolors.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Did the new jersey just show up on Facebook???

N3CCIqq.jpg

https://www.facebook..._count=1&ref=nf

This isn't the old jersey. It's not any variation I know about.

The wordmark under the collar is different from the picture the Vikings site had. But this uniform is definitely different than anything they've ever worn before. Maybe a practice uniform?

Also that last picture, worst hoverhand EVER...

Sorry, but that last statement bugs me. De'Aundre Reed appears at a benefit for pediatric cancer patients, actually shaves kids' heads, and you think he's skittish about touching them?

Not only is that not the worst hoverhand ever, it's not a hoverhand at all. There's clearly an object just inside Reed's wrist. Looks to me like the young man is sitting down and Reed's arm is resting on the back of the chair, and he's actually making an effort to touch the youngster. If you want further evidence he's not a hoverer, take a look at how he holding the girl's hand in the picture to the left.

They did the best they could with the information they had at the time. When you find out something after the fact, you post a correction. It's not like these are just vector drawings that can be recolored with a click. They are all individual, hand-painted watercolors.

Of course, I completely understand that. That being said, I don't think it should be sold at full price nor should it be sold for $600, which is $150 more than the average price.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived