New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the new jersey just show up on Facebook???

N3CCIqq.jpg

https://www.facebook..._count=1&ref=nf

This isn't the old jersey. It's not any variation I know about.

The wordmark under the collar is different from the picture the Vikings site had. But this uniform is definitely different than anything they've ever worn before. Maybe a practice uniform?

Also that last picture, worst hoverhand EVER...

I they change the helmet people will got nuts

you don't mess with what some consider the best helmet in the game.

I didn't know we were talking about the Eagles in this thread...

mj-laughing.gif

You're straight trippin if you don't think Eagles domes are in the top 3 in the league

Vikings, Packers, Rams, Bears, and (vomit about to be projected) Cowboys are all superior IMO just off the top of my head.

I do like the Eagles's general intent, but I don't really care for the current wing on the helmet.

*cough* Bengals *cough*

The Eagles definitely have a top 5 helmet. Rams, Bengals, Eagles, Vikings, Chargers in no particular order, with the Seahawks coming in at 6th.

The satin finish and wide stripe crap completely ruined that helmet for me. If they used that color in a gloss without the stripe, I'm right there with you on that one.

I can't believe I forgot the Bengals in my list, but I disagree on the Eagles and Chargers. The Chargers IMO seems unbalanced - a number treatment (to me) makes that helmet way better. I've already shared my opinion with the Eagles, but for the sake of seeing myself type more, I don't like the current version of the wing on the helmet.

The Eagles definitely have a top 5 helmet. Rams, Bengals, Eagles, Vikings, Chargers in no particular order, with the Seahawks coming in at 6th.

So either the homer helmet or one without a true logo?

*shakes head*

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

*shakes head*

Huh? I tend to favor helmets with creativity and actual thought put in, that aren't just the primary logo slapped on the side. (The Chargers are a special case in this regard because they made their helmet logo into their primary logo long after they started wearing that design.)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

*shakes head*

Huh? I tend to favor helmets with creativity and actual thought put in, that aren't just the primary logo slapped on the side. (The Chargers are a special case in this regard because they made their helmet logo into their primary logo long after they started wearing that design.)

So there isn't a creative primary logo in the NFL? Not one bit of thought or creativity went into any of the helmets you didn't list? Interesting. Where can I find the rule book that made all those determinations? I'd like to go from sharing my opinions to posting irrefutable facts too. I have to think that such a move would make it a lot tougher for people to disagree with me, right? :P

RE: Bolded part - Right. That's like me saying the Browns are a "special case" because (insert some rationalization for a total homer choice here.) C'mon, dude. B)

BB52Big.jpg

So there isn't a creative primary logo in the NFL?

I never said there wasn't, but come on... the Bengals' tiger-striped helmet, the Rams' horn helmet, etc. just look way cooler IMO than a "normal" lid with the primary logo on the side.

I like the Bengals' tiger stripes and the Rams horns. Good stuff. I'm not so keen on the Eagles' helmets though. Same idea as the other two, I just don't care for the design of the modern wings. I would prefer something more akin to the older wing design. As is, not so much. I'm also not so keen on the Vikings' helmets. I can't explain why, exactly. I just don't like it as much as the other helmets like it. Point being that just saying you like a certain type because of a blanket term like "creativity" can ring hollow. While the Vikings, Eagles, Rams, and Bengals all have creative designs the individual designs vary. Some are better then others. The 49ers, Giants, Cowboys, and Texans, in my opinion, all have better helmets then the Eagles and Vikings. Despite the latter two being more creative.

Conceptually, I like the Eagles helmet. But I'm not super keen on it in actuality. I've never been a fan of the way they've paired the dark green with black, and I don't like the shape of the wings themselves. The roundness in the wing joint on the modern helmet strikes me as odd because there actually is a natural angularity in the wings of a flying eagle.

bald-eagle.jpg

They had that shape down fine from '55 to '95. Obviously it makes sense to have tried to clean it up and detail it, but it didn't have to be rounded so much. Alternately, I'm interested in the idea of just going with a more stylized version, something akin to the wings on the early-'70s primary.

i31acueza0ooh0v0gmi2.gif

Something simple, bold, and evocative with a less muddled color scheme would absolutely be a top-5 helmet.

msg-117798227822.jpg

Back to the Vikings' helmet (top 5 easy, IMO, in case anybody was wondering... big surprise, I know), I think this is the week we will get a clue released about the helmet specifically. So far, each week, there have been three clues; one video (mascot, equipment guy...), one accessory (shoes, gloves...) and one partial uniform image (collar, stripes...). There has also been extra uniform stuff coming from somewhere... the jersey wordmark and the belt. Of all the images, it's really only the uniform shots that tell you anything specific about what the overall look might be, so they've obviously been very careful about dropping too much. So far, none of the images has been related to the helmets. Since the first was a jersey, and the second was (presumably) the pants, it makes sense that this week we might see a carefully crafted, probably confusing and obscure, helmet image. It also makes sense that they'd save a helmet image to closer to the actual unveiling, as that would be likely to cause the biggest stir. I guess we'll see Thursday.

You know, before they started this little tease game, if someone had described it to me, I would've been sure I'd find it frustrating and annoying, but it's actually been pretty fun. Not that I'm not ready to have it end.

Not always. The Rams get a million style points for the literal interpretation of their nickname, but I certainly wouldn't put the Bengals' or Eagles' helmets above the Packers, 49ers or many others.

...And you'd be wrong. At the very least, you'd be in the VAST minority.

Packers and Niners' helmets over the Bengals?

Don't be ridiculous.

Sigs are for sissies.

Archived