Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

Wow! Those look incredible. I'll be excited for the 5 games against Charlotte now. Nice work by Nike (pleeeeeeeease buy the rights to NBA merchandise ASAP).

Can't wait for the uniforms. Like someone noted before, I'd bet on the honeycomb pattern making a prominent appearance. Maybe something like UNC's argyle.

PJU85JF.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Primary Logo: 8/10 Seeing as how they can't go back to Hugo it's great. Not perfect, but top 8 logo in the league. Memorable.

Happy Hugo Logo: 6/10 For what it is, it's not bad. As long as I don't see it all the time, I have little issue with it. It's kinda stupid but I can't complain too much.

Profile Logo: 9/10 Love this one. Wouldn't even mind it as a primary. Looks intense, simple, and clever all in one. The ball fits in nicely.

Hugo Head Logo: 7/10 Without it doing a jig, it's easily better, but the "Hugo the Hornet" script looks forced and silly. Still, it's not a main logo so I don't really mind.

Wordmark: 9.5/10 Better than the old one for what they're going for. I am not actually a big fan of their old one so I consider it an upgrade regardless. A little Jaguars-esque, but overall very well done.

Primary without Wordmark Logo: 7.5/10 Fine but looks a little empty without the wordmark inside.

CH logo: 10/10 Just a perfect revamp of the old one.

Silhouette: 8/10 Very nice. Hopefully just used on shirts. If so very cool. Would look great on a teal shirt with a big purple one in the middle or vice-versa.

Buzz City Logo: 4/10 Ew. Hopefully never seen except for promotions.

Entire Logo Design: 8.5/10 One of the best sets of logos in the league. I especially love it when teams have 5-6 logos because it makes for good merchandise.

I like the package overall. I am not too thrilled about the wordmark on its own, but it fits nice with the primary. The CH and the side profile secondary logos are my favourite. I just can't help but smile when looking at the Hugo logo. It's time for hoedown!

I saw, I came, I left.

They did an extremely good job of modernizing a classic. I'm not sure is its been mentioned or not but merchandise goes on sale January 18.

I find that incredibly dumb. They could be making huge Christmas sales, but instead they're waiting almost a month to start selling merchandise.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I agree I believe the NBA wont let them. Besides as soon as they firdt announced the re branding. Their overall sales (tickets, merchandise etc.) Went through the roof! Even espn had an article how the name change has paid dividends.

So I cosign. The league wont allow them til January 18th and summer for the jerseys.

shado_logo.gif

Wow! Those look incredible. I'll be excited for the 5 games against Charlotte now. Nice work by Nike (pleeeeeeeease buy the rights to NBA merchandise ASAP).

Can't wait for the uniforms. Like someone noted before, I'd bet on the honeycomb pattern making a prominent appearance. Maybe something like UNC's argyle.

adidas has the NBA contract through the 2017-18 season thanks to an 11-season deal signed in 2006. Don't read too much into the fact that the Jordan design team did the logo.

All I see when I look at the Hugo logo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Sq4n4kt2k

Also, if these logos didn't have stingers on them, I'm not sure I'd be able to tell what insect they were. The basketball belly really undermines one of the key identifiable features of a hornet...being stripey. Ya take off the stinger and it looks like the logos are for the Charlotte Blue Bottle Flies.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

All I see when I look at the Hugo logo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Sq4n4kt2k

Also, if these logos didn't have stingers on them, I'm not sure I'd be able to tell what insect they were. The basketball belly really undermines one of the key identifiable features of a hornet...being stripey. Ya take off the stinger and it looks like the logos are for the Charlotte Blue Bottle Flies.

Hahaha!

One of the greatest re-brands ever?

Jaguars

I would have preferred the below logo, as I don't like logos that can't stand alone from the wordmark...but overall this rebrand could of gone a lot worse based on recent NBA rebrands.

rebrand.jpg

On the pyramid there's a standalone version that looks just fine imo.

If you're referring to the main logo without the wordmark - I hadn't seen that at the time of this comment. It looks pretty good, though it looks a bit unclear to me - is the middle part meant to be the backboard or the body of the Hornet. Or both? Overall I prefer the rebrand that I included in my post (by Jordan Sain), but that logo is probably too close to Hugo, which Charlotte don't have the rights to use as a current primary.

Archived