Lights Out

Charlotte Hornets?

Am i the only one that liked the Bobcats logos? Uniforms were meh, but I really liked their logos. Also, That sideways hornet is so bad. Look so awkward the way it is drawn

Yeah, I loved the Bobcats' logo package. I hope I can snag a hoodie.

The Bobcats as originally designed were kind of interesting. I liked the color scheme, the non-traditional uniforms, even the logo, which everyone here seems to really hate. Must have been too interesting for the NBA, because they chipped away at the identity too many times over the years. Their insistence on keeping their ugly proprietary typeface through every change baffled me. The color scheme they came up with last year was kind of promising. Oh well.

The state of these three franchises was best in 2007.

I loved the Bobcats logo set! I think only hated them cause thr team was mediocre, named selfishly by thr owner, no real reason cept to join the hate bandwagon

I loved the Bobcats logo set! I think only hated them cause thr team was mediocre, named selfishly by thr owner, no real reason cept to join the hate bandwagon

Hly txt msg typ btmn.

Hey am I missing it or do none of these logos feature the light blue color? I only see purple and teal. Maybe pinstripes on the unis?

It looks like the new Hugo ate the basketball used in the previous two. It looks odd, but overall, it's pretty good. The Primary is excellent though, as I've stated before.

And STL Cards, I liked their previous package, but I didnt like the primary a whole lot. I ish they would have made the forward-facing logo the primary with a script underneath or something.

Hey am I missing it or do none of these logos feature the light blue color? I only see purple and teal. Maybe pinstripes on the unis?

right the light blue isn't in the logos, will more than likely just be a minor part of the uniform like a pinstripe

I'm impressed that people here like it. I always wait for people to criticize them.

Large, diverse group of posters with a large, diverse group of opinions. Go figure.

Evolution of Hugo:

hOcJu9r.png

Further illustrating how ridiculous that ball is. Why no stripes? It's nice that they brought back the pattern under his shoes though (are they Jordans of some sort?) but I miss his evil smirk.

I never would've picked up on that, but it looks like they're the Jordan 11s (the ones from Space Jam). Awesome.

air-jordan-11-xl.jpg

This was covered already twice in this thread. Would be nice if people actually went through the earlier posts before posting.

I'd rather read the same thing twice than listen to you spew arrogance.

It's been a common thing around here lately. Quite unfortunate.

On subject, I think it's really neat that Jordans were snuck into the logo. Very cool.

It's nice that they brought back the pattern under his shoes though (are they Jordans of some sort?) but I miss his evil smirk.

I never would've picked up on that, but it looks like they're the Jordan 11s (the ones from Space Jam). Awesome.

This was covered already twice in this thread. Would be nice if people actually went through the earlier posts before posting.

I'd rather read the same thing twice than listen to you spew arrogance.

It's been a common thing around here lately. Quite unfortunate.

How about thrice, like in this case? Just being frustrated over something that to me is obvious.

Did someone say Thrice?

thrice_header_copy_2.png

Still trying to figure out how they have anything to do with "this case".

I think the Bobcats primary was the worst in the NBA by far. Looked like a bad high school logo. I did like the secondary quite a bit though:

512_charlotte-bobcats-alternate-2013.gif

The new Hornet logos are not bad. I personally liked the concept Hugo logo floating around in this thread more than the actual one.

I think the Bobcats primary was the worst in the NBA by far.

I believe you're forgetting about a flying guitar pick of technicolor doom.

People made too much of the Bob Johnson/Bobcats thing. A bobcat is probably something you see a lot of in the Carolinas whether the owner's name is Bob, Steve, or Charlotte-Area Diversified Sports Concern Portfolio. It was novel to see orange as a base color.

Again, I'll reiterate my wish that the Hornets had stayed put and became the Oklahoma City Hornets, preferably in black and yellow.

charlottefinalboardhugo2_zpsef07e5b8.png

This was my final updated version of classic Hugo that someone posted earlier in the thread.

That's fantastic. Perfect modernization. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Has the word Elephantiasis come up in this thread yet?

I did call out his enormous (literal) ball sack, but perhaps using the medical term would have had more impact.