Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

Am i the only one that liked the Bobcats logos? Uniforms were meh, but I really liked their logos. Also, That sideways hornet is so bad. Look so awkward the way it is drawn

Yeah, I loved the Bobcats' logo package. I hope I can snag a hoodie.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bobcats as originally designed were kind of interesting. I liked the color scheme, the non-traditional uniforms, even the logo, which everyone here seems to really hate. Must have been too interesting for the NBA, because they chipped away at the identity too many times over the years. Their insistence on keeping their ugly proprietary typeface through every change baffled me. The color scheme they came up with last year was kind of promising. Oh well.

The state of these three franchises was best in 2007.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It looks like the new Hugo ate the basketball used in the previous two. It looks odd, but overall, it's pretty good. The Primary is excellent though, as I've stated before.

And STL Cards, I liked their previous package, but I didnt like the primary a whole lot. I ish they would have made the forward-facing logo the primary with a script underneath or something.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Evolution of Hugo:

hOcJu9r.png

Further illustrating how ridiculous that ball is. Why no stripes? It's nice that they brought back the pattern under his shoes though (are they Jordans of some sort?) but I miss his evil smirk.

I never would've picked up on that, but it looks like they're the Jordan 11s (the ones from Space Jam). Awesome.

air-jordan-11-xl.jpg

This was covered already twice in this thread. Would be nice if people actually went through the earlier posts before posting.

I'd rather read the same thing twice than listen to you spew arrogance.

It's been a common thing around here lately. Quite unfortunate.

On subject, I think it's really neat that Jordans were snuck into the logo. Very cool.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

It's nice that they brought back the pattern under his shoes though (are they Jordans of some sort?) but I miss his evil smirk.

I never would've picked up on that, but it looks like they're the Jordan 11s (the ones from Space Jam). Awesome.

This was covered already twice in this thread. Would be nice if people actually went through the earlier posts before posting.

I'd rather read the same thing twice than listen to you spew arrogance.

It's been a common thing around here lately. Quite unfortunate.

How about thrice, like in this case? Just being frustrated over something that to me is obvious.

I think the Bobcats primary was the worst in the NBA by far.

I believe you're forgetting about a flying guitar pick of technicolor doom.

People made too much of the Bob Johnson/Bobcats thing. A bobcat is probably something you see a lot of in the Carolinas whether the owner's name is Bob, Steve, or Charlotte-Area Diversified Sports Concern Portfolio. It was novel to see orange as a base color.

Again, I'll reiterate my wish that the Hornets had stayed put and became the Oklahoma City Hornets, preferably in black and yellow.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Has the word Elephantiasis come up in this thread yet?

I did call out his enormous (literal) ball sack, but perhaps using the medical term would have had more impact.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived