2013 NBA Playoffs

JMurr

As for the playoffs themselves, not sure why so many people thought the Clippers were just going to steamroll the Grizzlies.

This is true.... I've gone from thinking the Clippers would win in 6 to hoping they don't lose in 6. Vinny's complete ineptitude has been thoroughly exposed basically over the last three games (he got bailed out by CP3 in Game 2). Continuing to force Chauncey into the starting lineup will be the death of this team, Willie Green clearly needs to start. Everyone other than Vinny can see that, and that's why it's so frustrating. Lionel Hollins has finally found adjustments to counter the Clippers' offense, and I have zero faith in Vinny's ability to respond with his own. Oh well, at this point it's a win-win: either the Clippers pull out the series, or the worst coach in the NBA is finally fired.

I was surprised at how horrible OKC looked tonight while blowing that lead. They were one extremely lucky bounce on a Durant shot away from Houston making it a series. I could easily see them getting knocked off in the second round now that Westbrook's out and if they manage to get past the Clippers or Grizzlies, they have no chance against the Spurs. You never want to see anyone get seriously injured, especially not a rising star like Westbrook, but at least a consolation is that finally some aspect of the playoffs this year is interesting.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bye-bye Lakers. That was done quickly.

And I'm actually thankful for it.

It was an amazing accomplishment for this team to make the playoffs based on where it was at points, but the way it all just shattered so quickly at the end (Kobe, Nash, Blake, etc. ugh), in thankfully this thing doesn't have to limp along any further.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

This GIF sums up the state of the Lakers' franchise right now:

tumblr_inline_mforc01IMD1qd5k1b.gif

Jesus Christ dude, quit with the overeactions, the Lakers are fine! We just got swept by a superior team partially due to their overall talent and our massive amount of injuries.

I'll be surprised if Dwight leaves, he was only really healthy for half the season and the Lakers could never build any real chemistry due to the fact their starting lineup was a revolving door.

Congratulations to the Spurs. They are a classy, well-coached team. It feels like the Lakers-Spurs rivalry in the Duncan-Kobe era has come full circle. It started with a Spurs sweep of the Lakers and possibly ends with a Spurs sweep.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Watching the highlights, it was Bogut in the 1st half beasting on the Nuggets, then Curry hit everything in sight in the 2nd. They're one game away from the 2nd round.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

"You've gotta play and...um...run into stuff" constitutes Hall of Fame coaching in the NHL. Vinny's in the wrong business.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Watching the highlights, it was Bogut in the 1st half beasting on the Nuggets, then Curry hit everything in sight in the 2nd. They're one game away from the 2nd round.

Yeah, I remember Bogut pushing Faried out of bounds with two hands around the neck area on a missed shot. As Iggy said, he's the one who's taken the hardest dirty hit of the series when he backed into a Bogut screen and Bogut shoulder him, so I'm not sure why they're complaining either.

Back in March, when Jackson was asked how he'd defend Stephen Curry, he said he'd knock him down. Well, there you go.

I really wish George Karl didn't play small and let the Warriors back in the game. That was the kind of game where you have to bury them if you can.

IUe6Hvh.png

"You've gotta play and...um...run into stuff" sounds like the coaching mantra from the NY Jets:

Buttfumble.gif

BUTTFUMBLE!

A bit off-topic, but the Jets fan who had a #6 Buttfumble the week after was freaking great.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived