BlazerBlaze

Bad.

OLD:

espn_mikeandmike_logo.jpg

NEW:

5144595.jpg

And here's their new insanely weird intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gnDHNW2Jeg

It looks like some horrible combination of One Saturday Morning, Doug's theme song, Bill Nye The Science Guy's intro, and what Ron Swanson sees when he closes his eyes.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It looks like some horrible combination of One Saturday Morning, Doug's theme song, Bill Nye The Science Guy's intro, and what Ron Swanson sees when he closes his eyes.

That describes it perfectly.

As for the logo, it's a definite downgrade, but I don't hate it.

spacer.png

It's cute. One Mike is skinny and the other is fat. And it's also the rare ESPN logo that's not black and red. I'm okay with it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If I had to guess, I'd say you watched all the individual segment introductions put together in one reel by the motion graphics designer. You won't see it all together on the actual show.

My thoughts are that this says little about sports or ESPN, so it's strange. It relies on the context of the places it will probably be seen and it's already built up brand equity to make sense. That's not terrible, though, because they have a lot of it.

It's decent type and interesting colors. And the intros are nice enough. Strange how much it splits from ESPN, though. Wonder what the reasoning behind that is.

I think I've heard about three minutes of the Prissy & Pot Roast Show in my entire life.

I used to listen to him on my way to school when Mike Golic did KGME in Phoenix. This was before he came to ESPN. Boring then, Boring now.

More terrifying than any bumper reel is the realization that Mike & Mike constitutes perfectly acceptable sports talk for a vast swath of our great nation.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

More terrifying than any bumper reel is the realization that Mike & Mike constitutes perfectly acceptable sports talk for a vast swath of our great nation.

That was so witty! I find Mike & Mike to be the least offensive sports talk show on during my morning commute, so they get my listen. They don't rely on being intentionally controversial or just plain loud. The "Golic is fat and stupid" meme is really played up more during their commercials than any other time- Golic often provides interesting and relevant commentary from the athletes' perspective. They air nationally, so I get to hear sports talk about teams that aren't just in my market. And, here's the big one: They do not take callers. Sports talk show callers are generally the least interesting people in the world.

To me, that's actually a decent radio show. I spent a summer living in Las Vegas and ESPN Radio airs Colin Cowherd during the morning drive time there. It was the worst. All that said, my commute now is about 15 minutes. When I was driving 45+ minutes each way, I switched to podcasts and audiobooks. There is NO sports radio show that is bearable for that amount of time.

As for the logo, I'm not sure I'd ever even seen the old one before. I catch these guys on the radio, not TV. I'm surprised at how much the new one varies from the standard ESPN color scheme. Interesting.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Yeah, Cowherd is the worst.

He keeps talking about how smart Vegas is, how good they are evaluating teams, and offers point spreads as evidence - "They make their money evaluating talent, and they think the Patriots are a 3-point favorite." Revealing that he hasn't the slightest idea what a point spread really is.

Archived