Indy Eleven!

crashcarson15

Indianapolis' NASL club, to begin play in 2014, will be named the Indy Eleven and will wear blue and red.

BIt8XFTCMAAlCxK.jpg

Crest is damn nice. Club name is different and I like the "Eleven" part, just can't stand using "Indy." Just sounds minor-league.

EDIT: Ooh, according to the Indiana Business Journal, it's named for a Civil War battalion. This changes my dislike of the name.

6fQjS3M.png

Ok, I didn't know about the battalion. I was coming here to say how terrible the name was but... oh, who am I kidding? It's still pretty terrible. They went the dramatically generic route: blue/red/white, crest with city statue.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Ok, I didn't know about the battalion. I was coming here to say how terrible the name was but... oh, who am I kidding? It's still pretty terrible. They went the dramatically generic route: blue/red/white, crest with city statue.

We (our major supporters group) have been using the statue since the "Bring a Team to Indy" thing started, so I'm thrilled to see Lady Victory on the crest.

The crest is phenomenal and while I don't like the choice of colors, they do look great on the logo (and I guess are the city's civic colors so there's that).

But we'll have "Now introducing your Indy Eleven Starting Eleven!"

6fQjS3M.png

We (our major supporters group) have been using the statue since the "Bring a Team to Indy" thing started, so I'm thrilled to see Lady Victory on the crest.

The crest is phenomenal and while I don't like the choice of colors, they do look great on the logo (and I guess are the city's civic colors so there's that).

But we'll have "Now introducing your Indy Eleven Starting Eleven!"

Oh, I get that. It's just that there's nothing else to it. It's a logo for the city, not really for a team.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Guess ol' boy's secret is out now. And look...you can even see him in the picture! (Pretty sure that's him, anyway.)

So this is what the Brickyard Battalion logo led to...I can dig it. I was sincerely hoping for the black-white-and-green color set, but after all that stuff broke down about IMS and the intellectual property, I figured it'd be civic colors or bust.

Pretty good stuff.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

PC did an admirable job with a tough deck on this one. I think the illustration of the statue is pretty damn good.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

fellow Hoosiers will get all the city tie ins immediately. i think the name is great. the logo is great, but Liberty is a bit too detailed for my taste. i think the shield is a bit too tall too, but overall i think it's a fantastic logo

Well, let's let the Quasi-Hoosier quiz himself, shall he? :P

-Lady Victory, very obviously well-known city symbol, taken from the statue atop the Soldiers and Sailors Monument in the middle of downtown Indy. (I think this is also only the second time in American pro sports history that a female's likeness is featured on a mens' professional sports team logo...which makes this extra special.)

- Colors taken from the Indy civic flag (which also explains the star-circle at bottom)

- sublimated checkerboard pattern obvious yet subtle ode to Indy's racing heritage

- Shield shape may or may not be taken from the Indiana National Guard unit patches

Did I miss any?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Yeah cats outta the bag, this is why I stopped posting the America League stuff cause I was working on this.

It was an honor and privilege to work on the identity and once I check to see how much unused work they are ok with me showing, I plan on posting the whole process soon!

I've had some work through my job end up on bigger stages, but today was way different. A favorite team, doing it myself as myself (not with another company), and being there for the unveil was really special.

according to the Indiana Business Journal, it's named for a Civil War battalion. This changes my dislike of the name.

No, it's still a stupid name, just a stupid name with a good origin story.

same thing with the Packers and Browns but that turned out OK.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived