Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he had gotten "Malarchuk'd" he wouldn't have gotten simple stitches and sent back onto the ice.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well, let's go Sens.

Weird that the team that plays in Canada's capital is now America's team.

How the hell are they 'America's team'?

Don't answer that

This was one weird game tonight. Frustrating I guess you could say (until the third period)

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Seems about right though when you consider that 99.5% of Canadians are rebelling against accusations that the team that plays in Canada's capital and is the only Canadian team left in the playoffs is [as of Sunday], in fact, Canada's team for at least the rest of the playoffs.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

And it'll distract people from the Maple Leafs fan's saying that they are Canada's team, ugh

I support Montreal in that regard, heck, I support Winnipeg for that. At least more than the Leafs.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Lucky guy:

closecut_medium.gif

He just got Malarchucked.*

*too soon?

Go away.

Seconded, probably never the right time

Why do you guys think I added at the end, "too soon." If I really was a worthless coward who would've laughed at the play, I would have used an exclamation mark and put at the end, "LOL."

Sorry.

Well, let's go Sens.

I don't find that much hatred for the Pens. I'm pretty sure people also dislike the Red Wings, the Blackhawks (because Americans/Canadians tend to be against the favorites), the Kings (defending champions), Leafs (they control the Canadian media when playing successfully) and any other team left. So I wouldn't put the label "America's Team" to whoever's playing Pittsburgh.

Now the Miami Heat...that story is for another board.

942698_10201100381692487_1238662735_n.jpg

I appreciate the work people here have done with the golfing versions of eliminated teams' logos, but Michael J. Fox eating the eliminated teams' cupcakes is even better. The fork is a great touch.

I've always thought that the Canadiens, by virtue of being in Quebec, basically do what they can to even distance themselves from being dragged into any "Canada's team" talk.

Then again, I've always been under the impression that Quebecers want to be separate from the rest of Canada in every way except for the ways in which being isolated from Canada hurts them. Kinda like the whole feminist vs. chivalrous argument lies today.

spacer.png

I'm from Canada. I'm a Leafs fan. I hate the Sens.

That said, I hate Pittsburgh more.

Go Ottawa.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Well, let's go Sens.

Yeah, judging by your previous posts, I'm pretty sure it's just you who feels that way. I am aware the Penguins aren't very well liked (especially around these parts), but I'm sure there's still other teams in the NHL just as or more disliked.

And if not then... well.... nuts. Being the arch villain can be fun too.

In any case, lucky to escape this game, and this series. Hopefully they don't pull this crap again. It might barely fly against the Islanders, but it won't against Ottawa or anyone else that's left.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Archived