NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing that tells me the court (and/or jerseys) is not an official graphic is the "NBA" font. It's just a little off. Plus the Jerry West logo is missing the NBA at the bottom.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Also... you'd hope they'd get the Twitter handle right. It's @pelicansnba, not @pelicans. Also the NBA tends to promote the nba.com/pelicans style for non-traditional URLs (i.e. bulls.com vs. stlcardinals.com). It simplifies things. So even if that is an accurate site, it's probably not what would be promoted (unless things have changed in recent years).

Also... you'd hope they'd get the Twitter handle right. It's @pelicansnba, not @pelicans. Also the NBA tends to promote the nba.com/pelicans style for non-traditional URLs (i.e. bulls.com vs. stlcardinals.com). It simplifies things. So even if that is an accurate site, it's probably not what would be promoted (unless things have changed in recent years).

I tested pelicansnba.com - it does lead to the nba.com/pelicans site. So that part could be legit :P

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

i'm sure the jerseys is not legit, because the wordmark they will use is the arching NEW ORLEANS with the outline of GOLD and without the fleur-de-lis logo. someone posted the legit wordmarks but i cannot remember what thread.

that was me :)

here are the official wordmarks again:

nola-wordmarks_zps9379148e.png

so I guess that photo posted above is just another concept. nice look to it, but seemingly no truth.

I think if they just tweaked the current set it could actually work. Here is a quick mockup, I think the name and number could use outlines which would already upgrade the set.

fdhija.png

The only thing missing is an updated logo, and the set is near perfect.

Yea I agree, the logo should be updated, even if they stick with the same concept and just change the look and feel of it.

What's bad about the Sixers' logo? I love it.

I do love the logo, but I think it could of easily been updated in some way.

Those are pretty lame.

Hoping that red is just a faint accent color and gold/blue will be heavily emphasized on the uniforms. Otherwise this is Hawks 2.0.

EDIT: talking about the Pelicans

I believe there's a new Suns logo that's the usual slanted-square w/ streaking sun, just black and orange (no purple), with the new fonts. Saw it on a t-shirt. It made sense given the new court.

something like this?

Suns_2013-14_primary_zpse31d7c94.png

Ugly. They need to do away with this whole identity and start new.

Thinking they'll make the updated PHX bird their primary as they've been flirting with that idea for a few years. There appears to be, however, an updated(more like simplified) sunburst logo, although I've only seen it on their season ticket holder renewal/rewards website...

http://www.mysixthman.com

^ and of course, there's purple all over that website, unlike the black/orange we've been seeing. make up your minds, Suns!

Also, in other news for the 2013-14 season, from ESPN:

The NBA will allow advertising on the court for the first time next season.

The league sent a memo to its teams saying they will be permitted to sell space on what is referred to as the apron. The space covers the out of bounds area on the sideline between the baselines and the coaches box where teams currently advertise their website or Twitter handles.

Teams can place a company's logo on the floor in front of both team benches, but it has to be a decal. That's because teams can only sell the space to a company for games that are televised locally.

^ and of course, there's purple all over that website, unlike the black/orange we've been seeing. make up your minds, Suns!

Also, in other news for the 2013-14 season, from ESPN:

The NBA will allow advertising on the court for the first time next season.

The league sent a memo to its teams saying they will be permitted to sell space on what is referred to as the apron. The space covers the out of bounds area on the sideline between the baselines and the coaches box where teams currently advertise their website or Twitter handles.

Teams can place a company's logo on the floor in front of both team benches, but it has to be a decal. That's because teams can only sell the space to a company for games that are televised locally.

If this is the worst that happens with advertising on the court, I'm fine with it.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

^ agreed, tho maybe this is just to delay the inevitable of sponsors on unis :(

using that updated Suns burst logo, I fixed my approximation of their "primary" and secondary (which will actually be their primary):

Suns_2013-14-primary-2_zps52b34022.png

(^ i tried the bball lines as purple, but it looks WAY out of place, any suggestions as to a recolor they might do?)

Suns_2013-14-secondary_zps8de034d3.png

I tested pelicansnba.com - it does lead to the nba.com/pelicans site. So that part could be legit :P

If the NBA has smart business people (which I'm sure they do) then they would have bought every possible pelicans/neworleans/NBA/basketball combination domain name and made all of them lead to NBA.com/pelicans.

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived