NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

Adidas catalog shows TBD for the following jerseys-

* Bobcats- 3rd

* Suns- Home, Away and 3rd

* Knicks- 3rd

* Warriors- home, away and 3rd

Wonder if Warriors will go with sleeves on all 3 jerseys?

Shouldn't New Orleans be on that list as well?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adidas catalog shows TBD for the following jerseys-

* Bobcats- 3rd

* Suns- Home, Away and 3rd

* Knicks- 3rd

* Warriors- home, away and 3rd

Wonder if Warriors will go with sleeves on all 3 jerseys?

Shouldn't New Orleans be on that list as well?

I think New Orleans goes without saying.

Charlotte Hornets throwback? Didn't they all say Charlotte anyway? And the colors are close enough (ducks from Colorwerx).

Then they'll go full time the next year.

But the list says 3rd, which usually means alternate, not throwback. Presumably there were be more than 4 new 'hardwood classics' next year. It's only the NFL where teams have to choose between having an alternate or a throwback since they can only be spread over 16 games.

The Pistons were supposedly going to debut a new alternate after discontinuing the red one a number of years back.

http://www.pistonpow...orm-in-2013-14/

The blurb has since been removed from the team website, so it seems likely that may no longer be in the works.

This is an interesting and disgusting quote from that discussion. Penalizing deviation from the template? Awful. I miss classic NBA warmups - it was a unique and great part of the team identities.

Another thing the NBA regulates are player numbers and names on the warm up attire – teams that have those stiched on the jackets/shooting shirts/etc. are fined each game that they wear that attire. I haven’t paid close attention to it this season – mainly because it looks like adidas took a nice duece on them – but this was a tradition in Detroit that dated decades back.

The Pistons were supposedly going to debut a new alternate after discontinuing the red one a number of years back.

The blurb has since been removed from the team website, so it seems likely that may no longer be in the works.

This is an interesting and disgusting quote from that discussion. Penalizing deviation from the template? Awful. I miss classic NBA warmups - it was a unique and great part of the team identities.

Another thing the NBA regulates are player numbers and names on the warm up attire – teams that have those stiched on the jackets/shooting shirts/etc. are fined each game that they wear that attire. I haven’t paid close attention to it this season – mainly because it looks like adidas took a nice duece on them – but this was a tradition in Detroit that dated decades back.

so does that mean the celtics were getting fined for their warmups with the name on the backs?

so does that mean the celtics were getting fined for their warmups with the name on the backs?

I would assume so! But it was well worth it.

The greatest franchise doing the right thing despite the league's evil edicts!

I would assume so! But it was well worth it.

The greatest franchise doing the right thing despite the league's evil edicts!

It's too bad they stopped doing it this season, mainly because adidas decided it was a good idea to change the warmups every year

Charlotte Hornets throwback? Didn't they all say Charlotte anyway? And the colors are close enough (ducks from Colorwerx).

Then they'll go full time the next year.

But the list says 3rd, which usually means alternate, not throwback. Presumably there were be more than 4 new 'hardwood classics' next year. It's only the NFL where teams have to choose between having an alternate or a throwback since they can only be spread over 16 games.

I was thinking (admittedly partly tongue-in-cheek) that it could be a true alt that was in a little heavier rotation than the Hardwood Classics that only get worn a few times around the same time of year.

Don't think it will happen, but it would be a cool way to transition if that's the direction they are going. It's no more out of line than the Milwaukee Brewers wearing Braves throwbacks... and the Braves still exist.

I put together some very rough mockups of what the Knicks alternate could look like, assuming it's orange:

tClaI1U.png6TiPK2s.png

Personally prefer blue numbers, as white is just a little too close to orange IMO.

I agree. Although I never figured out why the Knicks' stripes don't go all the way around the arm hole? It drives me crazy!

I put together some very rough mockups of what the Knicks alternate could look like, assuming it's orange:

tClaI1U.png6TiPK2s.png

Personally prefer blue numbers, as white is just a little too close to orange IMO.

I agree. Although I never figured out why the Knicks' stripes don't go all the way around the arm hole? It drives me crazy!

The only reason I can think of is that it might be more comfortable for the players.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

tClaI1U.png6TiPK2s.png

Hmm I don't like either of these. Blue numbers on orange (especially the Knicks' bright reddish-orange) would be an eyesore. But with the white numbers look too much like the Suns third jerseys.

I always wanted to see what an orange alt would look like with their previous set but alas.

tClaI1U.png6TiPK2s.png

The only reason I can think of is that it might be more comfortable for the players.

No, that's ridiculous. It's not a glitch, it's a feature. Adidas put that crap on there because that's an Adidas "thing" now. Louisville and a few other colleges has the truncated cuffs during the tournament. Much like Nike is known to do, Adidas :censored:ed up the Knicks' look just to leave their mark, so to say.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I hope the warriors getting new unis is true. I like the idea of the current ones, but they just seem so poorly executed and copperplate, oh god.

I like the side graphic on the sleeves alts though, and I doubt they go sleeved because if they liked them I'd imagine theyd wear them in the playoffs,

Yeah, I'm not buying that the Warriors were "scheduled for 3, and they wore them 3, but they really, really love them." Teams over-wear jerseys all the time. Their whole crowd was wearing gold last night.

This was billed as a "revolution," but it probably died after the college onslaught (or will permanently reside there). The Warriors had to be the torch-bearer for this in the NBA, and if they can't be bothered to wear a uni that allegedly gives them a competitive advantage during their most high-profile games in years while the Spurs -- the Spurs! -- wear silver in the same high stakes games, well...

L169_CIFRf1d768573586ad4bdd14bd620b1cad8f.jpg

Might be unrelated, but when Lon Babby and the Phoenix Suns introduced their new GM Ryan McDonough, he was asked to wear a "new Suns tie, available at the team's shop". The orange seems to be a part of the new set even though the fabric of the tie and angle of light may distort the view of the colors.

This is unrelated to the Warriors' change for next season, but given that the renderings for their new arena prominently feature views of the western span of the Bay Bridge, it seems likely they'd change their logo to feature this part of the bridge. It currently depicts the soon-to-open eastern span replacement on the Oakland side of the bay.

L169_CIFRf1d768573586ad4bdd14bd620b1cad8f.jpg

Might be unrelated, but when Lon Babby and the Phoenix Suns introduced their new GM Ryan McDonough, he was asked to wear a "new Suns tie, available at the team's shop". The orange seems to be a part of the new set even though the fabric of the tie and angle of light may distort the view of the colors.

Given the new court, it seems like black and orange will be the main colors.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yeah, that was my point. If they liked them, they'd still be wearing them, no matter the "schedule." Didn't realize Curry had come out publicly and called them ugly, but that was the nail in the coffin, I'm sure. Gotta have the star on board.

(Side note: CBS Sports is selling a sleeveless (!!) version of the jersey on their site...featured on all of the NBA playoff stories. Wasn't part of the "revolution" that fans would be lapping these up like soccer shirts? What a mess.)

Archived