NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing we won't have any uniform sanity until at least 2017 when (HOPEFULLY) Adidas is gone.

I was going to say that Nike could easily outbid Adidas for the uniform rights, but I looked up both companies' revenues and found that they were essentially equal last year. I would have never guessed that (probably USA bias).

It might not be worth it for them, though. This is old data, but Adidas got $350M from NBA apparel in 2010-11, while total NBA product sales were $3 billion. So maybe Nike keeps throwing money at the players for shoe deals and passes on jersey rights.

PJU85JF.png

I'm guessing we won't have any uniform sanity until at least 2017 when (HOPEFULLY) Adidas is gone.

I was going to say that Nike could easily outbid Adidas for the uniform rights, but I looked up both companies' revenues and found that they were essentially equal last year. I would have never guessed that (probably USA bias).

It might not be worth it for them, though. This is old data, but Adidas got $350M from NBA apparel in 2010-11, while total NBA product sales were $3 billion. So maybe Nike keeps throwing money at the players for shoe deals and passes on jersey rights.

If I had to guess now, I'll bet UA makes a big push for the next contract. I'm assuming the league would rather use only one supplier. I'd love to see Champion or Starter make a push to come back as well. For some reason, I don't see Nike being real interested in a league-wide deal. They'd want the premier/popular teams and that's it, just like the last time.

Everything old is new again in Phoenix, where the Suns have taken their old Charles Barkley-era design and updated it to create this excellent new uni set. Lots to like here, especially the sweet home whites. The only fly in the ointment: The weird butt striping on the shorts.

He used the words excellent and sweet to describe the Suns uniforms.

drake_laughing.gif

sig.png

If I had to guess now, I'll bet UA makes a big push for the next contract. I'm assuming the league would rather use only one supplier. I'd love to see Champion or Starter make a push to come back as well. For some reason, I don't see Nike being real interested in a league-wide deal. They'd want the premier/popular teams and that's it, just like the last time.

Champion and Starter could never afford such a deal. UA would have to be cautious though. Nobody wants to repeat Canterbury's mistake of investing more than one can earn.

I could swear UA had some talks about this, even that they were in for the next slot... I'll have to do some digging.

EDIT: this is what I remember seeing. This gives UA the right to show their endorsed players in their respective in NBA unis in UA ads but has nothing to do with the uniform contract. My bad.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

Champion and Starter could never afford such a deal. UA would have to be cautious though. Nobody wants to repeat Canterbury's mistake of investing more than one can earn.

what did canterbury invest in?

Uni Watch NBA Preview 2013-14:

http://espn.go.com/nba/preview2013/story/_/id/9891918/uni-watch-2013-2014-nba-preview

some snippets we havent seen yet:

And in what might turn out to be the most unusual uniform of the year, Golden State is also exploring the possibility of a special jersey for Chinese New Year

•No photos yet, but the uniforms for the 10 teams playing on Christmas Day will have -- of course -- sleeves. They'll also have uniform numbers on the left sleeve, instead of on the front of the jersey.

•No photos yet of the All-Star Game uniforms either, but they too will have -- you guessed it -- sleeves. Again, look for the uni numbers to be on the sleeves, not on the chest.

the Christmas uni description tells me that they'll all have huge logos on the front, like someone said earlier last week in this thread.

Did you notice that they linked to a post you made Conrad? Click on the link for new warmups at the end. :)

what did canterbury invest in?

European football. After 2 o 3 years they had to sell the European branch and pull out of football completely.

If this logo never existed..I would welcome Toronto to use it for their Huskies ..since this logo is a CLASSIC..I hope toront stays the raptors.

already has been confirmed that they are staying the raptors

Really? I was not aware of that.

Jaguars

Archived