NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope this Green Rainbow promotion means this is going to be worn...

u4ay5i0ft6rz7w7fhebh96fe8.gif

This is actually the same thing Dallas and Memphis are doing using different shades of blue that people always complain about, just with green in place of blue. Just throwing it out there..

I also don't understand the current urge of people and teams wanting to go back and revert to something from their history. Yes, I understand, heritage and all, but times change, everything advances, everything is moving forward. The audience is changing little by little, new people are born, those people that watched the NBA some thirty years ago may now be in the minority. I, for instance, started following the NBA in 2001 when I was 11-years-old. I never saw the Jazz play in their music note-uniforms, the Bullets (albeit I agree that the current Wizards' unis are lightyears better than the previous) or the Bucks in the above colors/unis. So, for me, and for many other young people, they don't mean anything. The point is, if something is from history, it doesn't mean it is better. The Bucks have a great set and a unique color scheme.

There is a real history bias on this site, I think it's an age/nostalgia thing. As a fellow young person, I tend to favor the less is more philosophy when it comes to uniforms (if that's not an option, go the other way and take the kitchen sink approach from the 90s), and most historical designs reflect that simplicity, so that's why I like what the Knicks, Cavs, and Nets have done lately, even if the latter isn't actually a retro revival. The harkening back to the old eras doesn't really matter to me.

I have no clue why people want green back for the Mavs. What they've worn since 2001 is far superior to the green-and-navy drek they wore before, even if it completely contradicts what I just said about less is more. The cowboy hat logo and everything associated with it should burn.

I disagree about the Bucks' current set though, I think it's atrocious. Only thing they've ever worn that I liked was the purple/green.

That Kings logo is straight out of the early-2000's. Completely goes against the minimalist undercurrent that's been dominating design as of recently.

Oh no. Can't have that!

There is a real history bias on this site, I think it's an age/nostalgia thing.

This always bugs me. I'm 26. I was born in '87 and grew up during the heyday of the '90s. By your logic I should be falling head over heels for more modern designs. After all it's an age/nostalgia thing right?

That's not the case though. I didn't grow up watching a lot of these classic looks when they were current, but my tastes do tend to lean towards the traditional. I fell in love in the Utah Jazz when they were taking on Michael Jordan's Bulls in the Finals in '97 and '98. I don't remember watching a single game that team played in their music note set, yet I prefer the retro-revived music note look they wear now over the "kitchen sink"-esque look they wore when I first became attracted to the team.

The age/nostalgia/"you just want everyone to wear the uniforms they wore when you were a kid grandpa, us young people know what's cool!" arguments have always seemed empty to me. People like what they like for reasons beyond the narrow ones others like to assign to them.

Have any teams applied for a uni change for the 2014/15 season?

Don't know if all of them are official, but I heard of the Hornicats (100%), the Mavs (not sure if next year or the year after), the Rockets (they will rebrand, question is if next year or the year after), the Heat (I think I read about a near redesign here), the Bucks, and the Raptors.

Wow, that`s a lot. I actually think that all of them will do a redesign within the next two years.

That Kings logo on the court looks pretty badass!

And I love the new Knicks court. I hope the'll also adapt the uniform colours for the official logos. I always hated that they have such a light grayish blue for their logos.

Really?!! Wow, great info here...

I hope the Rockets get a re-brand and also the Heat need to update.

Cats > Hornets is the obvious one.

Hope the Bucks go back to green.

Jaguars

Ice cap was being a smart ass.. if not I guess he hasn't read any other posts within the last page or so Teal...

And if you want to one up Ice cap Bucks have ALWAYS wore green before 2006..just purple AND green..

Ray_Allen8.jpg

No, wasn't being a smart ass. He said he "hope[d] the Bucks go back to green."

And they've had green primaries since 2006. He should have said he wanted to see a return to the green rainbows, if that's what he ment. "Going back to green" and "going back to the green Irish rainbows" are two very different sentiments.

Seeing as this is a message board I don't think it's to much to expect people to be clear when they type something out. The written word being the primary means of communication, after all.

We talked about the Grizzlies maybe could going back to teal a few pages back. I just tried something and wow... this would add so much to this franchise! (I used Vancouver script on the alternates just for nostalgic reasons)

Especially the black jersey just looks so bad ass! I think it is very fitting for the team they currently have.

Grizzlies1.pngGrizzlies2.pngGrizzlies3.png

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

not bad on those Bucks concepts, Berlin Wall. needs a better wordmark, but the rest of it is quite nice.

I'd actually be ok with them keeping their current wordmark, but adding "Milwaukee" to the road unis. Someone else on here had an outstanding concept utilizing the Irish rainbow and the current wordmark.

Was it this?

bucks_rainbow_new.png

Sry bout that Ice cap..you are right I guess we need to speak here with more clarification. My bad .

Now as for those Vancouver Grizzlies by Berlin are 100% bad assery!!!!! Lights out version of Memphis is good too! I just think the letters on Memphis alt should be white .

shado_logo.gif

Here's a quick mockup of the New Knicks alt, can't wait to see it on the court:

auniform2_zpsbd0a5118.png

The perfect alternate to complete the set:

huniform11_zps73ee0337.pngruniform11_zpsf2177b9b.pngauniform2_zps8cd50f45.png

Just for fun, I took your images and wanted to see what the negatives would look like:

xutj.jpg

The home jersey reminds me of the NY Mets' "softball" alternate jersey!

Speaking of bucks, they had to cancel the pre season game last night mid way through the first quarter because the players were slipping everywhere on the new court lol.

The NBA could force them to go back to their old court, pending investigation.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/bucks-may-have-to-revert-to-old-floor-nba-to-inspect-tuesday-b99128919z1-229392821.html?ipad=y

PJU85JF.png

Archived