What food promos do your teams offer?

rainmaker17

This came to mind because Papa Johns has a "Rangers7" deal going this year. If Texas scores seven runs, win or lose, local customers get half off their entire order the next day. I'm ashamed at how many times I've fallen for this...and I should be a lot fatter. Recently the AAA Round Rock Express copied the gimmick so the odds just doubled. Oh joy.

What type of sports/gluttony promotions do y'all get?

newsig.jpg

The Senators have a deal where if a player scores in the final minute, everyone gets a big-mac.

We also used to have a deal where if we scored 6 goals, everyone got a pizza from pizza-pizza. I don't know if we still have that, but it's been such a long time since it even happened so...

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

The Phillies also have the next-day 50% off one with Papa John's, but theirs is if the Phils score 5+ AND win. It's only happened 13 times this season because our offense blows.

The Sixers have one with McDonald's where everyone at the game gets a free Big Mac if the Sixers score 100+. People have booed the team when they win and dribble out the clock at 98 or 99 points. :lol: It got so bad at one point this year, Doug Collins told everyone he'd buy them the Big Macs anyway.

http://deadspin.com/...macs-last-night

In the last minute of the 2nd period, the Kings had their "McFlurry Minute," where should they score in that minute, all fans in attendance receive a free "snack size" McFlurry from McDonald's (worth noting that size normally costs $2.00, whereas their "regular" size is $2.50).

By now, everyone knows about the Lakers' tacos promo. If they win and their opponents score less than 100 points, then all fans get a coupon for a free pair of tacos from Jack-in-the-Box (costs $1.00 for a pair). That means no tacos will be given if the Lakers lose, or they win but their opponents score exactly 100 points or more.

The Dodgers had a similar promo with Jack-in-the-Box during the 2009 season, where if the team won home games by at least 3 runs, fans would get a coupon for 3 free mini sirloin burgers (which debuted during that year's Super Bowl a couple of months prior). But it worked so successfully, that the team decided to discontinue the offer halfway through that 2009 season.

Papa Johns does the 50% deal for a Heat win.

While I was at UGA, you could take your ticket stub to the Varsity for a free hot dog or something. I could never understand why people liked that place so much.

PJU85JF.png

The Greensboro Grasshoppers do the same deal with Papa John's - if the Hoppers record 5+ strikeouts in the game, 50% off your order the next day if you use the promo code.

I've never tried it because there are a billion (okay, 4) better pizza options within walking distance of my apartment, but eh. I'd imagine 50% off a regular priced pizza is probably roughly equivalent to the coupons you get every week anyway.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Absolutely nothing because the Canucks and Rogers Arena are a total money whore. Best "deals" they have is "Canucks Water" a 400 ml bottle of water priced at $3.50 and $8.75 Beers.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

UGA has a Cane's challenge (local chicken chain) for just about every ticketed sport besides football. If they reach the requirement, it's buy one get one free combos.

The basketball team scores like 50 points, you get it.

The baseball team has to score like three runs to get it. Some games, you'd be surprised how hard that is.

Gymnastics has to score like 49 on the vault to get it. I don't think I've ever seen them not get it.

The bar is relatively low because the deal isn't great, but it's still worth it if you go in with another person on it.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

The Calgary Hitmen used to give away free Single burgers from Wendy's (with the purchase of a soft drink which was a requirement on the thing they handed out) if the Hitmen scored more than five goals.

They just stopped doing it and didn't have any giveaways for a few years until this season when if they score five they give away a 10 pack of Timbits.

IbjBaeE.png

The Omaha Royals (back before they became the Golden Spikes, then the Royals again, and now the Storm Chasers) used to offer tie-ins with Runza. Usually, you could get a Runza sandwich for $0.59 or something the night after a Royals win.

For you non-Midwesterners, Runza is the absolute most amazing regional fast food ever. They have hamburgers, but their hallmark is their traditional Runzas, a spiced blend of meat, cabbage and veggies, cooked inside it's own loaf of bread.

http://runza.com/

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived