Phoenix Suns - Fixing the Problem

Conrad.

As I've been working on these leaked renders, I've been doodling around with the elements to make a "fix" to the elements available. I like the updated sunburst, typography, purple and orange colors, and the fixed PHX logo, so I went about putting those together here:

PHX-2013-logos.png

PHX-2013-home-uni.png

PHX-2013-away-uni.png

I attempted an orange alternate uniform, but didn't like the color balance with the streaking sun and the wordmark altogether, so i left it out. I suppose I could do a BFBS alternate with the PHX on it, but that seems like too much of a brand departure. What ya guys think of these?

The primary and the Phoenix logo are brillaint. Perfect. The third "P" logo looks too close the Orlando Predators for me. I've never been a fan of jersey logos that just stop. If you took out the purple in the streak, or put a side stripe to give the logo a reason to stop, this would possibly look better IMO.

You nailed it. By simplifying the color palette, you created a cohesive look. You got rid of the unnecessary beveling, and incorporated the negative spacing of the sun more appropriately by using a P, instead of an S.

Seriously, eliminating the grey and black did wonders for this set.

This is exactly what the Suns should have done! You nailed it my friend! Great choice on the colours. The PHX logo looks much better with more orange. I like that it says Phoenix on the purple away logo, and good job on using the P instead of what they're trying to do with the S. Nice incorporation of the old school look there on the shorts. You also deserve an award for keeping your concept to two jerseys and not including a stupid alternate. This, my friend, is the best concept I have seen on these boards. Bar none.

5737a3a4-1de5-426d-a5eb-067469bdd6e3.jpg

Send it to Suns NAW..

seriously this is what Suns logos should look like. The only thing i would do is probably get rid of the PHX logo altogether and make P the secondary. It just fits better with the whole set.

Yes! I Approve! Send to NBA now!!! I have connections within the NBA's marketing department.. however it's probably too late. They really missed the mark more so now that I've seen this. Not surprising, the stuff coming out of the NBA recently has been sub-par for a while now.

Great approach, I honestly love your concepts but I would tweak two things... On the Road Jersey I would make the Neck and Waist Trim the switch colors (Orange-White). The shorts Sunburst logo is a great nod to their first sets but I would leave it out. Great Logos and a great way to pay homage to their "Streaking Sun" sets from the 90's. I personally can't wait for the BFBS Alternate, keep up the good work!

Very good job here. The recolored logos and bevel removal are perfect, and I like the P logo. The jerseys look great as well. My only complaint is the orange sun on the shorts...I realize you were paying homage to their first set but it just looks out of place to me.

The logos and jerseys are really, really excellent. The logo on the shorts is good, but maybe could be improved. That's the only weakness. But overall, this is a 9.99 out of 10.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This looks fantastic. I think the only thing is "PHX" logo in the Sunburst on the shorts. I love the sunburst, but that logo seems weird in the center, perhaps putting the "SUNS" wordmark like the old ones? It's seeming harder and harder for me to salvage that "PHX" logo. Modernizing/streamlining it seemed to take away all of it's personality.

Other than that this is fantastic and I would buy these jerseys in a heartbeat. Excellent job.

Well done. Black > Purple. I also like the design being based off the 90's design. Removing the unnecessary part (i.e. the bevel) also does this logo well. This deserves a round of applause.

Don't you mean Purple > Black?

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

Archived