Most hated SINGLE-season teams of all time (redux)

2011(or really any recent year) Vancouver Canucks.

2012 Penguins- Sure their trek was only 6 games into the playoffs, but the way they disintegrated in Game 3 was shocking, from Crosby to Letang to Asham to Neal. A lot of

people hated the Penguins already, and this just fed fuel to the fire of the hate.

(I'll admit I misread the title. Those Penguins weren't really my most hated, but I just put them out in general because a lot of people hated them)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2010-11 Miami Heat- Fresh off of leaving Cleveland, Lebron & Co. lose to the Mavs

2011-12 Miami Heat- Fresh off of losing a title, they win there first of "not 1,2,3,4, etc.)

2012-13 Miami Heat- Fresh off of winning a title and getting the aforementioned "mohawk-sporting douche" and another traitor in Ray Allen and somehow beat the Pacers with a nonexistent Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade bringing back memories of LeBron's Cleveland days

now that the teams i'm bias towards are done, i'd like to nominate the 2007 Patriots, the 2012 Giants, 2011 Cardinals and 2008 Celtics (can't stand garnett) and can i nominate the 2013-14 Rockets before the season even starts?

If we are nominating teams that haven't played then I am going to go for the 2013-2014 Brooklyn Nets.

The 2 out of 3 players that made me hate the Celtics are now combining forces with a team that comes into NY with a "style over substance" strategy. I am still baffled that George Karl is being passed over for a guy who never coached a game in his life (Kidd) & a coach who has nowhere near the same resume as him (Stevens). I can already tell I am going to hate that PA system induced "Brooooklyn" chant more than I already do.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

2001 Orlando Rage

2001 Chicago Enforcers

2001 New Jersey Hitmen

2001 Birmingham Thunderbolts

2001 Los Angeles Xtreme

2001 San Francisco Demons

2001 Memphis Maniax

2001 Las Vegas Outlaws

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1995 Cowboys:

-Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders... two of the most unlikable d-bags to ever suit up in the NFL.

-The year Jerry Jones reached Al Davis levels of attention whorishness.

-Barry Switzer won a championship cultivated by Jimmy Johnson, then never did anything significant for the rest of his NFL career.

-The bullplop calls in the NFC Championship game that handed the Cowboys their trip to Super Bowl XXX on a platter.

-The fact that they won said Super Bowl more because of Neil O'Donnell than anything their defense actually did... to where "MVP" Larry Brown did a guest spot on Married With Children a couple months later and made jokes about it.

I am still baffled that George Karl is being passed over for a guy who never coached a game in his life (Kidd) & a coach who has nowhere near the same resume as him (Stevens).

It's probably not fair to Karl, but his playoff record is most likely deterring anyone from hiring him.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Fixed for accuracy.

Nice attempt at revisionist history, but Fisher was and is a douchebag who quit on and lied to several teams.

Once you take off your Laker hater glasses, you'll see that Fisher has never been a douchebag. The dude is nothing but class and one of the nicest guys in the NBA.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Once you take off your Laker hater glasses, you'll see that Fisher has never been a douchebag. The dude is nothing but class and one of the nicest guys in the NBA.

Was it classy when Fisher lied to the Jazz about needing to take time away from basketball for his family's sake so they would let him out of his contract, then promptly turned around and signed with the Lakers?

Was it classy when Fisher lied to the Mavericks about (once again) needing to leave the league to spend time with his family, then signed with OKC shortly afterwards?

Is it classy that Fisher has pulled this routine simply in order to cling on to his cushy union job, force out Billy Hunter, and of course, chase rings?

Like it or not, the guy's a snake who quit on multiple franchises. Douchebag, period.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

2001 Orlando Rage

2001 Chicago Enforcers

2001 New Jersey Hitmen

2001 Los Angeles Xtreme

2001 Memphis Maniax

2001 Las Vegas Outlaws

POTD

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

He's right though. The '86 Mets were probably the most hated baseball team of that decade. Between the brawls, the Cooters incident, Eric Davis, drugs, music videos, and running roughshod over the rest of the NL that year, EVERYBODY hated them. Imagine if they had the web back then...

I'd highly recommend "The Bad Guys Won" by Jeff Pearlman about them... http://www.amazon.com/The-Bad-Guys-Jeff-Pearlman/dp/B000G740P8

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

2001 Orlando Rage

2001 Chicago Enforcers

2001 New Jersey Hitmen

2001 Los Angeles Xtreme

2001 Memphis Maniax

2001 Las Vegas Outlaws

You Hate Him? (and his friends?)

Here's my list:

Miami Heat, 2010-11

---Lebron is the most cluelessly hatable superstar ever.

New York Yankees, 2009

--I don't mind the 96-2000 dynasty. The '09 version was bought and steroid-pumped. They way overpaid for Texeira that January, and they still had the obnoxiously-overrated Johnny Damon. They also set the market on Sabathia that January, and overpaid for AJ Burnett during F.A. Super-obnoxious way to win.

Florida Marlins, 1997-98

--These idiots bought a bunch of players, won a world series, and then sold literally everybody. They traded Moises Alou in his prime for junk. They traded Bonilla, Sheffield, and Charles Johnson for Mike Piazza and Todd Zeile. They then turned around and traded Piazza for Preston Wilson and garbage and Zeile for two minor leaguers. So they gave up Gary Sheffield for Preston Wilson. Way to go.

08-09 Florida Gators

-Gross

02 Brazil

-I really dislike Brazil. This team was the worst.

03-04 Lakers

-This team was fun to root against. Payton, Bryant, Malone, and Shaq. They're dysfunctional and then make the Finals and then - aw, snap - Pistons win.

This is definitely biased, but: 2006 Carolina Hurricanes.

They barely made it into the playoffs, then rode Cam Ward into the cup final. They barely outplayed my favourite single season team of all time, the 2006 Oilers, and won the cup by one period and basically one faceoff. Also, I hate Rod Brind'Amour.

Carolina was a #2 seed that year, I believe. They didn't exactly sneak in.

They did ride a hot goalie that started the playoffs on the bench (and boy has Cam Ward milked that Cup run) and barely beat an Oilers team that was playing their 3rd-string goalie for Games 2-7.

That was such a funky playoffs for the NHL. If I recall, all top-4 seeds in the West lost, all top-4 seeds in the East won, and Carolina nearly pissed away their stranglehold in the Final. The lockout gave us some strange hockey that year.

Here's my list:

2007 Boston Red Sox

The whole year, from the signing of Dice-K for $55 million to the clinching game in Denver, was nothing short of a b!tchfest by their "Red Sox Nation" bandwagon. They bullied other fans about how three years after winning a title is considered "torturous" and then went on to harass them. They harbored ESPN to be the 1st Church of Boston Baseball, constantly going 24/7 in Red Sox coverage for baseball reports. The following year, during the preseason game at the Coliseum, Red Sox fans picked on Dodger fans about how we had it better, and that they were more miserable than us (remember, the whole McCourt scandal didn't mesh out for another 2 years). I was 17 and felt like upper-cutting these loudmouths, but I didn't because I was more tense of consequences than I am now (though I still wouldn't uppercut, despite the temptation).

I wanted an Indians-Rockies World Series (hell, the Tribe had a 3-1 ALCS lead) but alas, Josh Beckett becomes the hero in Game 5 at Jacobs Field and helps to kill another franchise's long-suffering title hopes (did the same to the Cubs in Game 5 of their NLCS matchup four years prior). Once the Red Sox escaped the ALCS, there was no stopping them at the World Series, so we all had to put up with their championship nonsense for the winter...while they couldn't shut up about their perfect 2007 Patriots during that offseason.

1999 D.C. United

I was tired of seeing them at the upper-echelon of Major League Soccer during the early days. I was sick to them being the league's Boston Celtics (in terms of always getting the bounces in big games). I grew very distain of Marco Etcheverry, Eddie Pope, Roy Lassiter and Jaime Moreno prancing like douchebags, while they tore up the Eastern Conference (only lost three times all year). I wanted revenge for their stunning comeback against the Galaxy in MLS Cup 1996, and they got their dream rematch in the 1999 title game.

Same venue (Foxboro), same two teams, but a more pissed-off outcome. From the start, D.C. played like thugs and shut down LA's high-powered offense. I especially despise Lassiter, for his blatant shove of MLS Defender of the Year Robin Fraser (shattering his left collarbone), and for cherry-picking D.C.'s 2nd goal by harassing Galaxy Goalie Kevin Hartman, in time for Moreno to score. While the outcome wasn't as painful as in 1996 (I expected them to play dirty-ball in 1999, but not to the actual extent), I grew more angry of those vile scumbags (and actually clamor that the Galaxy has won 4 MLS Cups since 1999 to United's 1).

2009 Philadelphia Phillies

Simply put it: it was the best chance of the Dodgers returning to the World Series. It was a rematch of the previous year's NLCS, but I felt that Philadelphia was the stronger team in 2008 and I wasn't that bummed out. This time, home-field advantage, 95 wins, and I felt very confident. It was the matchup I both feared and wanted (I still feel like LA would have beaten the Yankees in the World Series). And it turns into a nightmare.

Carlos Ruiz and Raul Ibanez terrorize Dodger Stadium with 3-run home runs in Game 1, and Ryan Howard goes bananas on LA pitching throughout the series. But the most heartbreaking game of my Dodger-viewing life is Game 4, where Broxton goes meltdown on Matt Stairs again, walks Ruiz, then witnesses Jimmy Rollins tear hearts all over Los Angeles with his game-winning double with 2 outs. Though the Yankees took care of them in the World Series (one of the few on here who's happy they won in 2009), I will still never get over this team and all the pain inflicted.

2009 Minnesota Vikings

It starts and ends with Brett Favre. From the miracle win against the 49ers, no one related to the NFL can go 15 minutes without talking about this man. Though usually I'm sympathetic with Minnesota fans, this was the one instance where I hated the Vikings. I was glad he got booed in Green Bay the night he returned there as a divisional foe, for all the tension he put the Packers through with his in-decisions. I was glad he got intercepted by Tracy Porter in the NFC title game late in the 4th quarter, and was glad the Vikings never got the ball back after. I couldn't go another two weeks of Favre-talk leading up to Super Bowl XLIV.

2011 Miami Heat

The 1st incarnation of the Miami Death Star. While the 2013 team served equally as hated, they at least had a previous title on their résumé and were expected to concur their level of hate. The 2011 team seemed to undermine the warrant of detest they eventually received, primarily in Cleveland, Boston, Chicago and Los Angeles. Chalmers' face-punching smug? Hated it. Wade shattering Rondo's arm in the East Semifinal series? Hated it. Wade and LeBron mocking Dirk Nowitkzi's flu before Game 6 of the Finals? Hated it.

And this was when LeBron shrank under pressure in the games. Yet, even after losing the series, he still proceeded to act like a coward, proclaiming that his enemies (i.e. 80% of general NBA fans) will "wake up to a life worser than his." The smile he showed after that statement wanted me to break his jaw in five dimensions. Fortunately, the Mavericks got the last laugh. While I was glad Dirk, Terry, Kidd and Marion received a championship for their long dues, I was more excited about this scumbag team from South Beach losing (if only for one of their three Big-3 seasons).

Here's a surprise pick:

2004 Los Angeles Lakers

It was probably the least-liked Lakers team of my lifetime. Maybe it was the constant whining and moaning between Kobe, Shaq, Phil and Buss that made me tune out of this team. Maybe it was the pressure load of having Payton and Malone and all the "greatest team of all time" talk which I got tired of. Maybe it was Kobe's saga in Eagle, Colorado and its daily ramifications which nearly pushed me over the edge.

Whatever it was, I never felt like this team unleashed its full potential, and it was the whole team's fault. Sans Malone's injury in a December 2003 game against the Suns, the constant bickering and head-massaging moaning played a part of LA underperforming. While I can tolerate other Laker teams who came up short, this particular one receives the least amount of sympathy because it was the Lakers themselves for beating them, never developing a fluid team chemistry, and relying on luck to escape such disasters.

They needed two miracle Kobe shots in Portland to close the season to escape with the division title. They were 0.4 seconds away from blowing a Game 5 lead to the Spurs. They were lucky to not have seen the Sac Kings in the West Finals (would have lost to them, in my opinion). They were 5 seconds away from surrendering the 1st two games of the Finals at home. And yet, for all the luck they acquired to just getting to the Finals, many people and media pundits saw a Laker sweep of the Pistons. Yet, I saw how underrated Detroit really was, especially of their defense, and I had worry. That worry turned into the most piss-poor showing of Lakers basketball in a meaningful game/series in my life. At least the 2008 team took two games from the Celtics before rolling over in Game 6. At least there was some injury factor in how 2013 ended, and the Spurs were the heavily favored team. For 2004, there was no excuse; for all the talents and primes available, they were slogged out in dominatrix fashion against the Pistons.

Instead of assessing why Detroit outplayed LA, the whole talk was still about the Kobe-Shaq feud. In a way, I was glad when the two went their separate ways (in retrospect, it was all for the best). It gave the Lakers a sense of the underdog role and a sense of appreciation on my behalf (except for all the hatred received for Kobe, which still continues to this day). This is why I approached last season with caution; another super-team forming, but expecting the kind of un-jaded media praise like in 2004, in which I did not expect. I got mad at how last year ended, since the role players just played dead against the Spurs, but there were injuries. But for 2004, for the stars not shutting up and playing, for all the bickering they did, and for how they reacted when Detroit and reality caught up with them, they deserve no sympathy from me.

Was it classy when Fisher lied to the Jazz about needing to take time away from basketball for his family's sake so they would let him out of his contract, then promptly turned around and signed with the Lakers?

Was it classy when Fisher lied to the Mavericks about (once again) needing to leave the league to spend time with his family, then signed with OKC shortly afterwards?

Is it classy that Fisher has pulled this routine simply in order to cling on to his cushy union job, force out Billy Hunter, and of course, chase rings?

Like it or not, the guy's a snake who quit on multiple franchises. Douchebag, period.

1. He didn't quit on the Jazz. He asked them to be released so he and his family could live in a city where his daughter could receive the medical treatment she needed to survive. If you consider that action to be one of a douchebag, then I'd hate to see what you consider good parenting.

2. Maybe he didn't want to play for the Mavericks anymore and wanted to play for a contender. Doesn't make him a douche. The Mavericks didn't have to release him.

3. Let's not pretend here that the players didn't want Hunter out. And the fact that you quoted a Fox article (an organization that has literally made up bs stories and presented them as fact) only further proves your unwarranted hatred of Derek.

Like it or not, you're just a Laker hater. Guarantee if Fisher played for the Clippers instead of the Lakers through out his whole career and made clutch plays in the postseason, you'd love him.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived