NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How good are the packers without rodgers? I don't even want to know. Unfortunately, now I have to. Please let this go better than in my head.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Aaron will be fine.

I'm done freaking out for now. Dude played with a dislocated shoulder in 2008 on his non throwing shoulder. Also, Matt Flynn should be brought back regardless. I'll still be surprised if we lose tonight.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Packers recover a surprise onside kick. This game is closer than I thought it would be, but then again, I don't think anyone thought Rogers would get hurt.

And as I typed this, ball tipped by CHI D into the hands of Jones, fumbled, gets it back to get inside the 5

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I wasn't kidding when I said how bad the Bears defense is. It's really, really bad.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Starting to see a massive overload of people saying "Eddie Lacy is what Trent Richardson should've been".

But, seriously, that guy is the real deal. He may have a short shelf life, but the fact is, the Packers have run for over 180 yards tonight, which would seem comical just a year ot two ago. That's pretty excellent stuff.

spacer.png

Mike Tirico knows MNF sucks next week and he's not afraid to say it.

MNF has really been hit hard since it moved to ESPN, we all know that. It's just too bad that you can't flex a game from Sunday to Monday, or vice-versa. Too many problems involved, and I'm not advocating doing it. But where-as SNF is marquee stuff late in the season, Monday gets a really short end of the stick. Even the rare time an excellent matchup pops up (Week 13: 11-1 Houston at 9-3 New England last year), the game ends up sucking. Hopefully the Saints/Seahawks game in a couple weeks' time ends up being good. Tonight, despite the injuries, has at least been a close game throughout.

spacer.png

Starting to see a massive overload of people saying "Eddie Lacy is what Trent Richardson should've been".

If Rogers is out for more than this game, Lacy's going to need to be what Jim Brown actually was. Or maybe just John Brockington*.

*One of my all-time favorite Packers players - and an Ohio State alum. Yes, I'm that old. B) (Actually, I was pretty young when Brock played for the Pack.)

back_alley_john_1972_11_05.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

MNF has really been hit hard since it moved to ESPN, we all know that. It's just too bad that you can't flex a game from Sunday to Monday, or vice-versa. Too many problems involved, and I'm not advocating doing it. But where-as SNF is marquee stuff late in the season, Monday gets a really short end of the stick. Even the rare time an excellent matchup pops up (Week 13: 11-1 Houston at 9-3 New England last year), the game ends up sucking. Hopefully the Saints/Seahawks game in a couple weeks' time ends up being good. Tonight, despite the injuries, has at least been a close game throughout.

ESPN has no one but itself to blame for that. Long story short, ESPN had a chance to pick up both MNF and SNF back when the negotiations were taking place. ESPN was convinced that NBC wasn't getting back into the NFL so they dragged their feet and blew it. While ESPN was sitting around basking in how cool it was to be ESPN, NBC jumped in and stole the marquee match-ups, screwed ESPN out of NFL Prime Time, and put ESPN in a position that left them with leftover scraps of games to choose from. ESPN's hubris cost them a really great NFL package.

BB52Big.jpg

turddouche.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

ESPN has no one but itself to blame for that. Long story short, ESPN had a chance to pick up both MNF and SNF back when the negotiations were taking place. ESPN was convinced that NBC wasn't getting back into the NFL so they dragged their feet and blew it. While ESPN was sitting around basking in how cool it was to be ESPN, NBC jumped in and stole the marquee match-ups, screwed ESPN out of NFL Prime Time, and put ESPN in a position that left them with leftover scraps of games to choose from. ESPN's hubris cost them a really great NFL package.

Oh yeah, not disagreeing there. This story has been told (I know this came up on BASS at some point a few months ago), and the unfortunate realities of it has been the rather swift decline in the prestige of what MNF was. When you also consider that the last long-time voice of MNF is on the SNF telecasts as well (and John Madden was at NBC for the first four years of that as well), yeah, it's easy to see why the current arrangement has come to pass.

I would also say that NBC has done a phenomenal job overall with their package, so who knows when ESPN might ever get a second chance at fixing their prior error, if they ever get a second chance.

spacer.png

Should the Bears hold on and win, I'd like Still_MIGHTY to write my humblebrag victory post for me.

twitter

Archived