NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

Romo? Clutch?

Is... Is this real life?

19 game winning drives in the 4th/OT. Highest 4th quarter rating of all-time. Just saying.

That tells you just how worthless of stat QB Raiting really is, just saying. How many games as Romo blown, big games important games. The VIkings are terrible that game should have never been that close in the first place.

Vikings are probably much better than their 1-7 record indicates. They've blown 4 games in the fourth quarter, three in the final minute.

Either way, the Cowboys aren't that great themselves. Yeah, they'll be in most games but when it comes to playing the elite they fall. They've been the most mediocre franchise over the last 15 years. That amazes me as there has been so much roster turnover.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...when are the Bucs and Jaguars playing each other?

Not until 2015 in Tampa

Top 10 draft order as of this second:

1 = Tampa Bay

2 = Jacksonville

3 = Minnesota

4 = Pittsburgh

5 = Atlanta

6 = NY Giants

7 = Houston (jumps to #6 with loss; drops to #11 with win)

8 = Buffalo

9 = St. Louis

10 = Baltimore

How are there two teams worse than the Vikings? How?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Who would Minnesota take at #3 if Bridgewater and Clowney were the first 2 guys off the board? Would they go Mariota even though they have Ponder and Freeman, or would they go defense?

Romo? Clutch?

Is... Is this real life?

19 game winning drives in the 4th/OT. Highest 4th quarter rating of all-time. Just saying.

That tells you just how worthless of stat QB Raiting really is, just saying. How many games as Romo blown, big games important games. The VIkings are terrible that game should have never been that close in the first place.

Vikings are probably much better than their 1-7 record indicates. They've blown 4 games in the fourth quarter, three in the final minute.

Either way, the Cowboys aren't that great themselves. Yeah, they'll be in most games but when it comes to playing the elite they fall. They've been the most mediocre franchise over the last 15 years. That amazes me as there has been so much roster turnover.

You nailed it perfectly and that's the biggest problem with this team. We can compete with the best but we'll lose to any team that has any resemblence of a playoff team. This in turn gives Jerry and the coaching staff hope that they are so close to being a great Super Bowl caliber team when all it does is hide the fact that the personal decisions, coaching staff (more specifically the play calling) is absolute s*** and that we have no depth.

Take yesterday for example, we threw the ball 51 times to only rushing the ball 9 times! This is despite having Murray back and despite him gaining 31 yards on 4 carries. We only run in running formations and running downs, instead of running out of our passing formations and vice-versa.

And to the Romo stats, just remember that football is a team game and the reason why the Cowboys lose close games is because the team falls apart, not just Romo. Too much is being asked of Romo by the Cowboys. He basically has to win football games, seemingly, by himself.

I hope that if the Cowboys don't win next week, we get blown out by 20+ points. Maybe that'll wake them up (Jerry most of all) and realize this Cowboys team isn't as good as they think they are.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Romo? Clutch?

Is... Is this real life?

1 playoff win in god knows how many attempts... just sayin.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Jack Del Rio will become the intern coach for the Denver Broncos after John Fox's heart precedure:

www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000276475/article/jack-del-rio-tabbed-denver-broncos-interim-coach

It seemed like the most obvious choice even though their RB coach, Eric Studesville, had coaching experience for four games in 2010 when Josh McDaniels was fired.

The impact, I think, will be minimal. John Fox didn't handle any of the play calling responsibilities and their QB is the most well-prepared player in football.

Romo? Clutch?

Is... Is this real life?

I think everybody likes to act like the Cowboys are more talented than they are. I don't think this team would be anywhere without Tony Romo. He may have a track record for not coming through in big games/situations, but I contest that they wouldn't anywhere near those big games/situations without him.

IUe6Hvh.png

Jack Del Rio will become the intern coach for the Denver Broncos after John Fox's heart precedure:

www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000276475/article/jack-del-rio-tabbed-denver-broncos-interim-coach

It seemed like the most obvious choice even though their RB coach, Eric Studesville, had coaching experience for four games in 2010 when Josh McDaniels was fired.

The impact, I think, will be minimal. John Fox didn't handle any of the play calling responsibilities and their QB is the most well-prepared player in football.

Romo? Clutch?

Is... Is this real life?

I think everybody likes to act like the Cowboys are more talented than they are. I don't think this team would be anywhere without Tony Romo. He may have a track record for not coming through in big games/situations, but I contest that they wouldn't anywhere near those big games/situations without him.

Romo isn't a bad QB. But he has choked away his share of games.

Romo? Clutch?

Is... Is this real life?

That's fair, but he's had a lot of good comebacks as well. And he could have more... against Detroit last week, when he was a finger away from an awesome TD to Dez Bryant last year, Dan Bailey missing a game winning FG last year, etc..

Tony Romo's biggest problems is that he plays in Dallas.

IUe6Hvh.png

Romo? Clutch?

Is... Is this real life?

That's fair, but he's had a lot of good comebacks as well. And he could have more... against Detroit last week, when he was a finger away from an awesome TD to Dez Bryant last year, Dan Bailey missing a game winning FG last year, etc..

Tony Romo's biggest problems is that he plays in Dallas.

That's a great point. Romo isn't really cut out to play for "America's Team" he has had some great comebacks, and choked away some games. But playing in Dallas with all the spotlight, and all the cameras, only puts him under more scrutiny when he/the team loses. It's always assumed to be his fault, even though a lot of the times it isn't his.

Romo? Clutch?

Is... Is this real life?

He's had three playoff seasons and he's been to the divisional round twice including the last two times we've made the postseason.

The true problem is that he plays for Jerry Jones' team. The dude is a great business man, but a terrible GM. He's the sole reason why we've been mediocre since Jimmy's players were replaced.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Who would Minnesota take at #3 if Bridgewater and Clowney were the first 2 guys off the board? Would they go Mariota even though they have Ponder and Freeman, or would they go defense?

If Mariota comes out and makes it by Jacksonville, the Vikes best take him. He's mature beyond his years, and maybe the least talked about Heisman favourite in recent memory. He'd complement AD very nicely, weapons are there and the defensive problems are really mainly in the secondary and you'd be damned taking a safety or corner third overall.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Rodgers jogging to the locker room after getting sacked. He hurt his shoulder it looked like. Isn't Graham Harrell the backup?

Never mind I'm an idiot, I forgot it was Seneca Wallace.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I've broken out the paper lunch bag to help me breathe. This just became the scariest game of the year. Hopefully his non-throwing shoulder injury isn't too serious.

Lacy/Starks and the defense, it's up to you now.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

I've broken out the paper lunch bag to help me breathe. This just became the scariest game of the year. Hopefully his non-throwing shoulder injury isn't too serious.

Lacy/Starks and the defense, it's up to you now.

Forutunately, the Bears run D is very weak, thanks to injuries. I think the Packers will be fine just allowing the RBs to handle the bulk of the offensive work.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The Bears defense is probably the worst in the NFL. Should Rodgers not return the Bears will still need to put up 35-40 points to win simply because their defense has no clue how to get off the field, barring turnovers.

They can't tackle, they have no pass rush, and their run defense is awful. Their safeties are terrible, their best corner's perpetually hurt, Peppers is an underperforming slug, and McClellin is a 1st round bust.

There's been a couple bright spots through 1 quarter but the Packers aren't in too much trouble tonight, methinks.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived