NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the Woodhead review should have been the perfect "ruling on the field stands" example. The announcers keep saying that we can see all the same angles as the ref under the hood... well you couldn't see crap on any of those replays. If they originally called it short, it should have stayed that way. Since they called it touchdown, it should have stayed that way. The ball didn't knock over the pylon, but the ball could have swooped in a little tiny bit just before the pylon. There's no way you can tell me the referee positively saw that the ball did not touch the goal line.

1,000!!!!

But, honestly that wasn't a TD at all. The call was bad on the field, and there was indisputable video evidence it wasn't a TD. End of story, they got it right.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Wow it's amazing how quick a game can turn around. The Panthers were a unlucky bounce away from probably giving the game up. But, somehow, the game benefitted Carolina real quick, so cest-la-vie. Thanks to the Jets, it's only a game's difference in the NFC South, but the next couple of weeks really test the Panthers worth.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

That game just sums up the Chargers franchise. How freaking hard is it to just punch it in at the goal line? What's sad is that as soon as Woodhead's touchdown got called back, my first thought was, "how are they going to choke this away?"

At least the playoff talk can now stop. This team isn't good enough and is being set up to fail by Whisenhunt and Pagano's incompetence.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I thought the Woodhead review should have been the perfect "ruling on the field stands" example. The announcers keep saying that we can see all the same angles as the ref under the hood... well you couldn't see crap on any of those replays. If they originally called it short, it should have stayed that way. Since they called it touchdown, it should have stayed that way. The ball didn't knock over the pylon, but the ball could have swooped in a little tiny bit just before the pylon. There's no way you can tell me the referee positively saw that the ball did not touch the goal line.

1,000!!!!

But, honestly that wasn't a TD at all. The call was bad on the field, and there was indisputable video evidence it wasn't a TD. End of story, they got it right.

I agree that the ball probably didn't touch the goal line, but that was one of the least clear video reviews I have ever seen. It was just a mess of bodies, and you could barely see the goal line or the ball at the crucial time from any angle. There was absolutely not indisputable evidence that the ball did not cross the line. Whatever the call on the field was should have been upheld; it just happens that the original call was touchdown. I want to see the ref with a telestrator explaining exactly how he saw that the ball definitely did not touch the line.

Wow it's amazing how quick a game can turn around. The Panthers were a unlucky bounce away from probably giving the game up. But, somehow, the game benefitted Carolina real quick, so cest-la-vie. Thanks to the Jets, it's only a game's difference in the NFC South, but the next couple of weeks really test the Panthers worth.

Not to mention the Saints...they could've used a win today considering they've now got the Cowboys & 49ers at home, Falcons in Atlanta on a short week (TNF), at Seattle, and then the Panthers at home. We'll see what they're made of and if they win the division or even make the playoffs they'll have earned it.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived