NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

Geno Atkins tore his ACL. Another one to the pile of ACL-less players in this league.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walk-off safety.

Neat.

That play pretty much summed up Thursday night games in general.

We recently went to another cable provider, and part of their quasi-basic package includes the NFL Network, Big Ten Network, and a slew of other channels.

Since our Halloween plans involved going to the gym (mainly because no one would be there, and I'm kind of a wiseass jerk to the trick-or-treating kids), I watched some Thursday Night Football for the first time. These games are just sloppy. I get why the NFL has these games and will be very reluctant to get rid of the Thursday games, but the quality of these games just aren't that good.

It's a shame, too.....because it looks like the back-half of their schedule includes some very important divisional and conference games.

I've seen the Bengals lose 100 different ways, but never like that. Halloween nightmare in Miami.

Losing Geno Atkins is bigger than losing the game. He's what makes the entire defense work and in the span of three weeks they've lost their best corner (Leon Hall) and overall best defensive player (Geno Atkins). Without that defense the Bengals are not the same. Might as well cancel any super bowl hopes they had.

More thoughts:

- I blame Thursday night football and playing on grass for that torn ACL. He'd had knee problems all season, but 7 days to rest it in between games is a lot different than 3. I hate thursday night football.

- Andy Dalton was bad, but Sanu should've caught the pass that became Miami's third interception and ended a potential TD drive. The safety wasn't Dalton's fault. They called three pass plays inside their own ten and ended losing on a sack. The play calling was wonky in a lot of situations.

- The holding call on Jermaine Gresham that negated Marvin Jones' touchdown which would've tied it at ten was straight horse$hit. Three plays later Dalton throws a pick six and it's 17-3. That was a 14 point penalty. A bad call at that.

- Gio Bernard is incredible. I hope he's okay from whatever injury he sustained.

- should've kicked the 57 yarder instead of punting. Mike Nugent's been nails all season. He would've made it and the Bengals would've won a game that they now desperately need.

- Tannehill surprised me and this is now his second win over the Bengals in his two years. This is annoying.

- the Dolphins' running game surprised me too.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It was a good win for MIami, but I am very concerned about this team, I got a feeling this Jonathan Martin bullying incident is going to blow up in the next few days and make some people look very bad.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Bengals games in Joe Robbie Stadium at night do not end well. (Super Bowl 23)

I don't think it was a legal safety, but it was pretty much a safety so I'm not too hung up on the fact that it wasn't called exactly to the letter of the law. It was third down anyways so they were gonna punt from their own endzone. Miami probably would've won anyways.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't think it was a legal safety, but it was pretty much a safety so I'm not too hung up on the fact that it wasn't called exactly to the letter of the law. It was third down anyways so they were gonna punt from their own endzone. Miami probably would've won anyways.

What about that wasn't a legal safety or called to the letter of the law?

He was tackled in his own end zone. Safety.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

In any case, their goose was cooked.

It seemed that way, but maybe the punt is muffed, or maybe the Dolphins turn the ball over on the next snap. You've still got to "play the game", as is said. Anyway, it doesn't matter because it WAS the right call. It's a safety unless the entire ball has crossed the goal line. Only part of it had crossed, so it was correctly called.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Because it was the Bengals. They never get any calls and only lose games when they "don't show up."

I just think it's unfair they are the only team that's had to deal with injuries this year.

Because it was the Bengals. They never get any calls and only lose games when they "don't show up."

I just think it's unfair they are the only team that's had to deal with injuries this year.

Who said they were the only team dealing with injuries this year? Show me where somebody said the Bengals were the only team dealing with injuries this year. I'll wait.

They lost their all-pro game-changing defensive tackle and their probowl game-changing corner in the last three games. That's newsworthy and worth bringing up in a discussion about a Bengals game, the only game that happened last night, which is why we're talking about it.

As for the loss to the Browns. I already stated (Like 5 weeks ago!) the Browns played better and beat the Bengals, but it's also true that the Bengals didn't play well. Why is that so offensive and hard to accept? If the Bengals play at the top of their game and lose to the browns I'll be the first to say so, but that's not what happened 5 WEEKS AGO.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Justin Blackmon suspended indefinitely for substance policy violation.

Edit: beat me to it. Was it confirmed for steroids?

I'm not sure. I shouldn't have posted that about roids until I knew for sure. I believe I heard he had alcohol problems at OK State.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Justin Blackmon suspended indefinitely for substance policy violation.

Edit: beat me to it. Was it confirmed for steroids?

I'm not sure. I shouldn't have posted that about roids until I knew for sure. I believe I heard he had alcohol problems at OK State.

This suspension was for violation of the substance abuse policy, not PEDs.

His four game suspension earlier this season was a result of the same violation which was his second.

His 2010 DUI arrest while at Ok State placed him in the NFLs program upon getting drafted.

I'd enjoy this a lot more if they had won the game.

giowow1.gif

Gio Bernard is crazy... at least he doesn't play for Carolina anymore. He'd run over Tech every year, UNC would be miles better if he would've stayed.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Without doing the math, would it be possible to schedule the Thursday night games so that each team is playing of their bye? I know that something like six teams had a bye last week, but would it be possible to have a schedule with two teams on a bye each week, who then play each other on Thursday the following one?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Without doing the math, would it be possible to schedule the Thursday night games so that each team is playing of their bye? I know that something like six teams had a bye last week, but would it be possible to have a schedule with two teams on a bye each week, who then play each other on Thursday the following one?

Mathematically, yes you could do that. But it would require two teams having a bye weeks 1-16. And two teams would end up playing two thursday night games (17 weeks of games), unless you skip week 1 for thursday night games. Which i don't think they would do. And Week 1 byes would be pretty pointless.

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived