NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know the Redskins had a defense.

I would be more surprised if DENVER had a defense.

Denver's defense is fine. Like any other defense wouldn't struggle a little bit missing 5 or 6 starters, 4 of them being their best defensive players, one of them being an all-pro.

It's not an elite unit by any stretch, and I wish they would score more turnovers (today aside), but they're not a liability. They've given up a lot of garbage time points this year.

That Dallas game, which was admittedly awful, skews the stats quite a bit.

IUe6Hvh.png

Well if that wasn't one of the worst pass interference calls of the season, I would be surprised. Yikes.

Then again, the refs never cease to amaze.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

One thing about this Packers team that doesn't get enough attention is that, for the first time since, jeez, when either Ahman Green or Ryan Grant was their RB, the Packers have a solidly effective running game. Lacy and Starks work well together and the Packers have coalesced into a really good run blocking team. Impressive stuff.

Yeah, Minnesota sucks, but 38-17 on the road is nothing to sneeze at with the current state of Green Bay's receiving game.

spacer.png

That was one heck of a Patriots game. The first half was one of the worst halves I've ever seen, but the second was amazing. The atmosphere was awesome, and my seats were in a perfect spot to see the McCourty-Cole tipped interception. However, something is definitely wrong with Brady's hand. It was really swollen.

One thing about this Packers team that doesn't get enough attention is that, for the first time since, jeez, when either Ahman Green or Ryan Grant was their RB, the Packers have a solidly effective running game. Lacy and Starks work well together and the Packers have coalesced into a really good run blocking team. Impressive stuff.

Yeah, Minnesota sucks, but 38-17 on the road is nothing to sneeze at with the current state of Green Bay's receiving game.

No question, Eddie Lacy is already the best RB the Packers have had since Ahman Green. Let's hope he can stay healthy, unlike Ryan Grant.

The sobering realities of life as a running back just hit me in the face again.

Ahman Green and Shaun Alexander are both only 36 years old, and I (many of us) have very vivid memories of them from when they were elite running backs, and this was less than ten years ago, at that. Alexander had that 1,880 yard season in 2005 when Seattle went to the Super Bowl; he was essentially finished as a running back less than two seasons later. Alexander was out of the league when he was 32; Green when he was 33 (2008 and 2009, respectively).

Damn. Next thing I know, ALL the great, young running backs from Madden 2004 are going to be long gone from the NFL.

spacer.png

Yeah the longest tenured starting RB off the top of my head is McGahee, who was drafted in 2003, but didn't play until the next season. After that I think it's Steven Jackson as the longest tenured RB. Frank Gore started up in 2005, and it seems like yesterday when he had the most rushing yards in a year for the Niners in 2006. Now its those who are (almost) a decade done in their careers.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

49-9 is a:

A.) Curb-stomping

B.) rout

C.) Romp

D.) boat race

E.) All of the above

...welcome site to see as a Bengals fan. B)

I was in attendance and it was a ton of fun. I have, we have been on the receiving end of a lot hopeless asskickings. It's nice to turn it around on somebody.

I was nervous about the Jets going into that game and that faded away once I saw the way Dalton and his receivers were playing and the way the defense was handling the Jets offense.

and how about Marvin Jones? 4 touchdown catches in a single game for a guy who had 4 in his career before this game. It was definitely a case where their best DB’s were on AJ Green so Jones got some good looks, but still none of those TD’s were easy catches. One of the question marks surrounding this team in the preseason was do they have another receiver to take pressure off of AJ Green. That question has been answered.

PvO6ZWJ.png

BXnGaUVCEAAEjaN.jpg

Feels so good to see a selfish, punkass diva like Dez Bryant lose the game, then lose their cool.

As injured they are in their secondary, they would have been better off playing Dez as safety during that last drive.

JJ Wilcox was injured on either THU or FRI, so your starting S was out. Barry Church was paired with undrafted rookie FA Jeff Heath (from Lake Orion, MI) in his first career start. Then in the 4thQ, Church goes out, so Heath is paired with Jakar Hamilton, another undrafted rookie FA who was signed on Saturday afternoon!

All of that and Monte Kiffin probably took his afternoon nap at the end of the 3rd quarter as the Lions took the coffee out of the DAL coaching booth.

DET had no timeouts when Smith got called for Holding. That running play had no business being run and Romo should just have taken a knee.

I've got a question for you DirecTV Sundays Ticket users; is it worth using? My mom switched to DirecTV today and I was wanting to know how it worked before I get my hopes up

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived