NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

Without doing the math, would it be possible to schedule the Thursday night games so that each team is playing of their bye? I know that something like six teams had a bye last week, but would it be possible to have a schedule with two teams on a bye each week, who then play each other on Thursday the following one?

Mathematically, yes you could do that. But it would require two teams having a bye weeks 1-16. And two teams would end up playing two thursday night games (17 weeks of games), unless you skip week 1 for thursday night games. Which i don't think they would do. And Week 1 byes would be pretty pointless.

Weren't there week 1 byes prior to the Texans joining the league?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, out of necessity in a 31-team league. I think they'd prefer to have everyone open the season at the same time, though.

God, there just shouldn't be these stupid Thursday games until Thanksgiving. It was fine when it was just the "race to the playoffs" or whatever in December.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Without doing the math, would it be possible to schedule the Thursday night games so that each team is playing of their bye? I know that something like six teams had a bye last week, but would it be possible to have a schedule with two teams on a bye each week, who then play each other on Thursday the following one?

Mathematically, yes you could do that. But it would require two teams having a bye weeks 1-16. And two teams would end up playing two thursday night games (17 weeks of games), unless you skip week 1 for thursday night games. Which i don't think they would do. And Week 1 byes would be pretty pointless.

Weren't there week 1 byes prior to the Texans joining the league?

There were also Week 17 byes which, in 1999 and 2000, was the Browns bye week.

spacer.png

If you skipped the Thursday night game in Week 2, then you could have 16 Thursday games with two teams on the bye from Week 2 to Week 16. I think that's probably the least awful option.

Broncos Head Coach John Fox taken to the hospital after having symptoms of a heart attack. Reports are that the Broncos expect Fox to be OK.

EDIT: He has been hospitalized for observation and testing after reports of him feeling light-headed near Charlotte, NC during a golf trip

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Looks like John Fox will miss 4-6 weeks from the Broncos due to having heart surgery.

Coach Fox was advised by doctors months ago that his defective aortic valve would require this procedure following the 2013 season. As part of his trip to North Carolina over the bye week, he had a preoperative appointment on Thursday with his doctor, who informed him to seek medical attention immediately if he felt any discomfort.

On Saturday, Coach Fox began feeling light-headed while golfing with friends. He was taken to a hospital, where testing revealed he needed to have this procedure as soon as possible.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Reports are that, while an interim head coach has not been named yet, DC Jack Del Rio and the OC are rumored to step up. Personally, I would choose Del Rio based on experience, but my gut feeling is that they'll go with the OC

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

It's gonna be Tuel time in Buffalo tomorrow. Look for Spiller and Jackson to be fed the ball a bunch.

That makes the fourth backup QB the Cheifs have faced this year.

Fitzpatrick (TEN)

Keenum (HOU) was not named starter until later

Campbell (CLE) was not named starter until later

Tuel (BUF)

This is in addition to playing against the lower level Gabbert (JAX) and Pryor (OAK). The only QBs in terms of quality they have faced this year are Romo and a a regressing Eli.

It's gonna be Tuel time in Buffalo tomorrow. Look for Spiller and Jackson to be fed the ball a bunch.

Fitzpatrick (TEN)

Tuel (BUF)

This is in addition to playing against the lower level Gabbert (JAX) and Pryor (OAK). The only QBs in terms of quality they have faced this year are Romo and a a regressing Eli.

This has become a joke, will the Chiefs ever face a team with a pulse . I mean come on the Bills had a shot with Lewis but Tuel is one of the worst QBs I have ever seen.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This stupid new rule allowing teams only one helmet per season. Why? This league is really stupid sometimes.

Roger Goodell must be taking lessons from Gary Bettman because he is quickly showing himself to be a total moron and awful comish.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Fitzpatrick (TEN)

Tuel (BUF)

This has become a joke, will the Chiefs ever face a team with a pulse . I mean come on the Bills had a shot with Lewis but Tuel is one of the worst QBs I have ever seen.

7-0 Bills, 59 yard pass by Tuel.

This stupid new rule allowing teams only one helmet per season. Why? This league is really stupid sometimes.

Roger Goodell must be taking lessons from Gary Bettman because he is quickly showing himself to be a total moron and awful comish.

Wait. Aren't the Rams breaking this rule right now?

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Wait. Aren't the Rams breaking this rule right now?

Nope, all they did was put the yellow decals on in place of the gold ones.

Archived