NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

I've got a question for you DirecTV Sundays Ticket users; is it worth using? My mom switched to DirecTV today and I was wanting to know how it worked before I get my hopes up

If your favorite team is not in your television market, it's worth it. If it's free, as I believe it is for new customers, absolutely use it. Otherwise, I'd stick to Redzone. With Sunday Ticket, every game has a dedicated channel. It's like having 10 FOX and CBS stations.

PJU85JF.png

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cowboys loss yesterday was frustrating, irritating and not surprising at all. This what they've done for the last 15 years. Mediocracy at its finest.

Let me say that even though Megatron was playing against the Cowboys, I love watching him. He's fantastic and almost single handedly beat the Cowboys. Without him, the Lions would have lost. Also, I thought the Lions Dline controlled the LOS when the Cowboys had the ball. Never let the running game start moving the ball, and never let Romo get comfortable.

What the Cowboys lack, and what they need, is the killer mentality to go for the win instead of playing it safe. With 3 minutes to go in the game, we played not to lose, instead of playing to win. This comes from the coaching staff specifically Garrett. We lost in a similar way to the Patriots in 2011.

Despite this, we lead the division by a full game. I guess we're Kings of the Inept. We'll still win the division, only to get slaughtered by the Niners or Seahawks in the playoffs.

Here's to hoping we can win at least 5 more games this season.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

BXnGaUVCEAAEjaN.jpg

Feels so good to see a selfish, punkass diva like Dez Bryant lose the game, then lose their cool.

Sorry, but you don't know what the f*** you're talking about it.

Dez isn't a diva, he isn't selfish. He was pissed off because the Cowboys let the Lions drive down the field in under a minute, with no timeouts left, to win the game. He had every right.

But, carry on. Let's hate the guy who's passionate about his team! :rolleyes:

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I've got a question for you DirecTV Sundays Ticket users; is it worth using? My mom switched to DirecTV today and I was wanting to know how it worked before I get my hopes up

If your favorite team is not in your television market, it's worth it. If it's free, as I believe it is for new customers, absolutely use it. Otherwise, I'd stick to Redzone. With Sunday Ticket, every game has a dedicated channel. It's like having 10 FOX and CBS stations.

EDIT: nevermind. It didn't work out. It's been a very stressful day for mom making this a done deal but in the end nothing happened. I'd call it a gear grinder but it appears it's frowned upon if I post in that thread, like I've over stayed my welcome there

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

The Cowboys loss yesterday was frustrating, irritating and not surprising at all. This what they've done for the last 15 years. Mediocracy at its finest.

Let me say that even though Megatron was playing against the Cowboys, I love watching him. He's fantastic and almost single handedly beat the Cowboys. Without him, the Lions would have lost. Also, I thought the Lions Dline controlled the LOS when the Cowboys had the ball. Never let the running game start moving the ball, and never let Romo get comfortable.

What the Cowboys lack, and what they need, is the killer mentality to go for the win instead of playing it safe. With 3 minutes to go in the game, we played not to lose, instead of playing to win. This comes from the coaching staff specifically Garrett. We lost in a similar way to the Patriots in 2011.

Despite this, we lead the division by a full game. I guess we're Kings of the Inept. We'll still win the division, only to get slaughtered by the Niners or Seahawks in the playoffs.

Here's to hoping we can win at least 5 more games this season.

Matt, on the 3rd &14 in which Smith got the holding penalty, DET had no times out left. They could have taken a knee, punted with 20 seconds left and still had a three point leadto force DET to go 55-60 yards to get into FG range.

Through eight games, they have allowed FOUR, 400-yard passers (Eli, Rivers, Peyton, and Stafford) and they still have Brees, Rodgers, and possibly Cutler left on their schedule.

There was a reason why Jason Garrett had offensive play calling taken away from him this summer, so that decisions like running the ball on 3rd down do not occur. Heavy risk with a low reward and Garrett failed.

Seahawks and Rams actively engaging in a battle to try and play a worse football game than the last Monday Night Football game a week ago.

There's a problem right now with these primetime games. There have been several dud meetings of late, and a few more to come for sure in the coming weeks (without really looking deep into the schedule). Awful football games.

spacer.png

Tirico estimated about 65% full at kickoff. That's probably generous. Obviously MNF couldn't have foreseen this with such certainty, but having the World Series going on at the same time as this game, in the same city, was about a worst case scenario for any interest in this game.

It almost feels like this game is being played inside a funeral hall. Haven't noticed noise becoming a real factor at any point at all. Too bad the Cardinals have followed suit in all of this.

spacer.png

Just be on top of your bills the following year. The first year you have DirecTV, you get Sunday Ticket, no problem. But for next year, you have to call yourself to cancel Sunday Ticket service (if you don't want it anymore), or it'll automatically appear on your billing statement (if you want to keep it). DirectTV won't cancel it themselves, as it will be up to you to decide to keep it.

I'm just giving you a heads-up so that you're not screwed, like I was.

Is this really happening? This drive by St. Louis is very impressive up to this point. They're just running the ball down Seattle's throat on this drive.

Seattle is still a completely different, and considerably less intimidating, team on the road.

IUe6Hvh.png

Seahawks win despite 135 yards total offense, 80 of which came on one solitary play.

That's enough to tell me this game sucked horribly.

I agree. That was way too damn close for comfort if you ask me. Hell, the first half was enough of a clue to let me know that it wasn't going to be pretty... as in letting the 'Mighty Quinn' as Gruden calls him, basically make Wilson his female dog in the first half.

Something was off, I agree. Thankfully, there's an awfully tasty looking cupcake dressed in pewter coming to the Clink next weekend.

Admiral, and anyone else who wants to know, the official attendance was 55,966. Which for the Rams, isn't bad at all. It's actually on the high-end of average. The only other game in which more people were in attendance at the dome was the Thursday night game against San Francisco, and that was only by a few hundred (56,640 total).

Seattle is still a completely different, and considerably less intimidating, team on the road.

Good thing they have 5 of the next 8 at home. Is the Rams defense really that good or did the Hawks just not take them as seriously as they should have?

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Archived