NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kam Chancellor! The Hokies still finding a way to win! ;) And to think that guy was a 5th round pick and is arguably one of the better SS's in the NFL. Simply astounding.

Not really astounding. Happens quite a bit in the NFL.

IUe6Hvh.png

Kam Chancellor! The Hokies still finding a way to win! ;) And to think that guy was a 5th round pick and is arguably one of the better SS's in the NFL. Simply astounding.

Kinda like that guy at QB for the Patriots earlier today. Scrugg's gonna Scrugg.

BB52Big.jpg

Kinda like that guy at QB for the Patriots earlier today. Scrugg's gonna Scrugg.

I knew that post was going to get you. It's seeming that phrase is getting some staying power.

Cute.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

With two weeks of rest, that's not so much of a factor. Hell, there's always a tendency to talk about "Team X benefiting from Teams Y and Z beating each other up". It's subjective and doesn't exactly work out at the rate we would seem to expect it to.

SF has a better O-line than Denver. That doesn't bode well for the Broncos if the Seahawks and their mauling D-line and front seven are in the Super Bowl, a mauling front seven aided by Earl Thomas's prowess at Safety and Kam Chancellor being able to play deep and underneath as a de facto linebacker with pretty equal effectiveness. As weird as it sounds, SF really is a better matchup for the Broncos, especially with Bowman certainly done now after that grotesque injury.

spacer.png

With two weeks of rest, that's not so much of a factor. Hell, there's always a tendency to talk about "Team X benefiting from Teams Y and Z beating each other up". It's subjective and doesn't exactly work out at the rate we would seem to expect it to.

To be fair, if the Niners win, that injury to Bowman is pretty crucial.

I knew that post was going to get you. It's seeming that phrase is getting some staying power.

Cute.

Don't flatter yourself, rook. I couldn't care less about your post. I was just illustrating See Red's point.

BB52Big.jpg

Cute.

Five cents please. ;)

Scruggs gonna scrugg.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Yeah, I kind of realized I needed to flesh that one out a bit. Bowman's an All-Pro and maybe the best LB in the NFL in 2013. Patrick Willis is still there, but Bowman's irreplaceable.

spacer.png

With both these teams beating the crap out of each other, those in Denver are creaming their pants at those Super Bowl odds.

I wouldn't have phrased it the same way, but yeah, the Broncos' offense looked dominant today compared to both of these teams. On the other hand, the Patriots' defense isn't anywhere near the level of these two teams. Plus, SB48 will be outdoors and Peyton's always iffy in big games. So...

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

With both these teams beating the crap out of each other, those in Denver are creaming their pants at those Super Bowl odds.

First off, as Kramerica pointed out, with 2 weeks off, it's not that big of an issue. Second, until we know what the weather is going to be, it's hard to say what effect anything is going to have on anything in the Super Bowl. I think you're going to see Super Bowl odds bouncing all over the place.

BB52Big.jpg

I wouldn't have phrased it the same way, but yeah, the Broncos' offense looked dominant today compared to both of these teams. On the other hand, the Patriots' defense isn't anywhere near the level of these two teams. Plus, SB48 will be outdoors and Peyton's always iffy in big games. So...

I'd still take Seattle if this game goes to the last minute of OT, 2 weeks is a long time, and with an outdoor game in a potential cold-weather environment/snowy with Peyton as the other team's quarterback.

EDIT: Infrared's post pretty much covered it.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Denver's defense also still can't be trusted. They nearly blew it in the 4th against San Diego when Whiz finally opened up the playbook. They got lucky that both the Chargers and Pats have been ravaged by the injury bug.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'd still take Seattle if this game goes to the last minute of OT, 2 weeks is a long time, and with an outdoor game in a cold-weather game with Peyton as the other team's quarterback.

Christ, "Manning in Cold Weather" has gotten up to "Favre in Domes" with regards to annoying outdated memes.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Can we give it a rest with the Peyton, outdoor/cold weather shtick already? I think he's shown he's beyond that at this point.

Denver's defense also still can't be trusted. They nearly blew it in the 4th against San Diego when Whiz finally opened up the playbook. They got lucky that both the Chargers and Pats have been ravaged by the injury bug.

The only reason the Chargers even had a chance is because Harris went down and Jammer played like garbage. It was not due to any playbook being 'opened up'.

San Diego's offense took off the moment Chris Harris got injured. There's something to be said about that.

And talking about SD and NE injuries, well, it's not exactly as if Denver has been a picture of health, of late or this entire season. By this juncture of the NFL season, there isn't a single team left that isn't dealing with some significant injury to a significant player. That's just how football works.

spacer.png

If the 49ers prevail, expect ESPN with daily "Bowman knee injury" replays.

Archived