NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

Is it me, or did Sherman's comments sound like Booker T's promo back on the June 24, 1996 WCW Nitro?

(seriously, I almost expected him to say "PEYTON MANNING, WE COMIN' FOR YOU :censored:!")

bYhYmxh.png

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not the biggest fan of Sherman, but what he just said was awesome. Add more fuel to that fire for next year :D

See, I feel the exact opposite. I always kinda liked Sherman because he was a little mouthy and I found it funny. But when you come out and proclaim yourself to be the best? That's just uncalled for. I really hope the Broncos test Sherman in the Super Bowl and I hope he gets beat multiple times.

But he's clearly the best. It felt like they threw at him one time the entire game, and he ended it. That's pretty dominant.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

What a great game! So glad to see the Seahawks going to SB 48!

Same here, man. Same here. Trust me, the stink from Super Bowl 40 has been long since gone, so the chance to win it all feels good.

Now, the fun part of it... let the hype begin!

Drat, two of the teams I picked lost. But it's still too early to pick who wins. Anyhow, here is my gift to you!

6QWwwTo.png

Here's something no one was expecting, but is amazing nonetheless. Nice work.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm not the biggest fan of Sherman, but what he just said was awesome. Add more fuel to that fire for next year :D

See, I feel the exact opposite. I always kinda liked Sherman because he was a little mouthy and I found it funny. But when you come out and proclaim yourself to be the best? That's just uncalled for. I really hope the Broncos test Sherman in the Super Bowl and I hope he gets beat multiple times.

But he's clearly the best. It felt like they threw at him one time the entire game, and he ended it. That's pretty dominant.

True or not, that's not for Sherman to decide. It'd be like James Cameron saying he's the best writer/director in the world because of Titanic and Avatar being the top two highest grossing movies of all time. Sure, he's done his job as a writer/director in making great films and money for those films, but for him to outright say he's the best is a bit pretentious.

I'll tolerate Sherman's trash talking because he backs it up, but the taunting and other stuff when he runs his mouth, isn't how I was taught to play the game and/or conduct yourself. Sure he might provide a chuckle or two, but c'mon man- handle yourself with class.

Go Broncos, hope Manning shreds the Seahawks Defense.

As for the game, the 49ers couldn't much of anything in the second half. Outscored 20-7 in the Second half - they had their chances and could overcome the deficit. Hopefully the 49ers represent the NFC in Superbowl XLIX.

Something else I thought of. Denver is leaving a trail of destruction behind them. Some one said something earlier about the Broncos playing everyone with an injury bug, but what's not being taken into account is how many of those injuries Denver doled out themselves. They've literally been beating teams up this season.

Seeing people hate on Sherman is the craziest thing ever. Dude made the biggest play of his career and you shoved a mic in his face like 2 minutes later. Of course he's going to be fired up. Sherman has every right to claim himself as the best. He says it and then backs it up.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Like has been said, everybody's injured. Sure, Pats have had some big injuries, but the Broncos lost their all-pro left tackle (possibly the second most important position in football) early in their season, lost one of the best LBs in football to injury, and have been pretty well hit by injuries all across that defense all season, including their best CB Chris Harris, Champ Bailey isn't near 100%, though he played well today, and Rahim Moore has been out. And while everybody wants to remember Rahim Moore for his gaffe last year, he's actually pretty damn good.

I like Denver's chances. Peyton Manning will have two weeks to prepare and Seattle's offense is pretty anemic at times -- additionally, Denver has been exceptional against the run as of late. Not to mention, Seattle is a completely different team away from home. Still good, but less dominant. The one thing that would really make me second guess the Broncos chances is a dominant pass rush and while Seattle's is good, it's not overwhelmingly so.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived