NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugliest uniforms to ever play in the Super Bowl. Congrats, Seattle.

Because the AFC will be the home team in this Super Bowl, I'm going to cringe if I have to see the Broncos orange home set against Seattle's whites.
That will be the matchup, and it will look great.

If you're Stevie Wonder.

BB52Big.jpg

Two best teams all season.

#1 in the AFC vs #1 in the NFC.

Peyton Manning and the #1 Broncos offense vs Richard Sherman and the #1 Seattle defense.

And I actually like both teams uniforms too :P

It's gonna be an awesome Super Bowl. I really think so.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Any chance the Seahawks use those gray jerseys in the Super Bowl?

Are teams allowed to wear alts in the Super Bowl?

I didn't think so but who knows. The only instance I can think of off-hand (not that I'm the most capable on this forum of remembering such things) was the '94 49ers and I thought they petitioned to where them the entire year.

IUe6Hvh.png

In the previous eight Conference Championship Games featuring two top-3 defensive units, the winner of that game won the Super Bowl all eight times. I know Bucs-Eagles in 2002 qualified as one of those.

It matters none with regard to this season, but historical tendencies favor Seattle. Fortunately, there's two full weeks to try and figure this out before the game begins.

spacer.png

Don't forget, he yelled L.O.B.! Short for "Legion of Boom," the Seattle secondary's nickname. The end zone tip is apparently their equivalent of the Doomsday Device.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Seeing people hate on Sherman is the craziest thing ever. Dude made the biggest play of his career and you shoved a mic in his face like 2 minutes later. Of course he's going to be fired up. Sherman has every right to claim himself as the best. He says it and then backs it up.

I'm glad you said it. This is what happens when you put a guy out there, running on pure emotion, moments after he made a play to put his team in the Super Bowl. As far as what he had to say? He isn't wrong and he proved it. On top of that, these two teams really don't like each other. That just spilled over on to the mic for everyone to hear.

I don't have a problem with what he said. I don't look to athletes, or sports in general, to be the place for lessons in humility and sportsmanship. That's what parents are for. Sports for me are pure entertainment. Sherman entertained me, but I'm a pro wrestling fan too, so maybe that's why.

Broncos v. Seahawks. The game featuring Nike's NFL poster children from two different decades. I can't wait.

Edit: Holy crap, those Tweets are really, really racist. Jeez people it's only football.

Archived