NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

Is it true Richardson did a happy dance all the way from his front door to the limo that drove him to the airport?

Time will tell who got the best end of the trade. Stats don't tell the whole story. No matter how hard they try, people are affected by working in a dysfunctional environment. That's where the whole "fresh start" thing comes from. Also, the Browns had no passing game. And how Cleveland's end works out won't be known for years because it will depend on who they choose with that draft pick. Indy's payoff could be immediate and Trent's certainly was...he's out of Cleveland! It's almost the reverse of Richard Seymour getting sent from the Pats to the Raiders. That poor bastard was probably on suicide watch.

It all adds up to an interesting move that it will be fun to follow over the next few seasons.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't hate the deal as much from a football point of view today as I did last night. T-Rich probably wasn't worthy of the 3rd pick in the draft but at the same time, I find it hard to give up on the #3 pick after 17 games in the NFL when you're as bad as the Browns are. IMO he'd have been more effective with a Bridgewater-type quarterback to take some of the focus off of him (seriously, there were times last year when opposing defenses would have 9 or 10 guys in the box solely because nobody respected the Browns' passing game) and the Browns were going to be bad enough to get him anyways.

I still don't like the deal because I think Richardson would've grown into a good player under a top quarterback and well, because I've heard "rebulding" almost every year of my life in reference to the Browns. It's a bad message to send to a fanbase that already wants to jump off a bridge and I have no faith whatsoever that Lombardi's going to actually pick a good player with the Browns' picks this year.

I have little doubt that half of the reason I barely pay attention to the NFL anymore is because of the ineptitude of the Browns' ownership and front office, regardless of who's been in charge.

#FactoryOfSadness

6fQjS3M.png

In the meantime, KC plays Philly tonight. Should be a good game :D

This just in, the Cleveland Browns will be switching their helmet logo to something more suitable: a paper bag. Fans will be given a bag at the entrance of the stadium

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

If there's any consolation for the city of Cleveland, it's that maybe this will cause Clevelanders to forget their "baseball season ends when the NFL preseason starts; GO BROWNZZZZ" mentality and will start going to Indians games now, considering, you know, they're currently half a game behind Texas for the second wild card.

25yzwqg.png

If there's any consolation for the city of Cleveland, it's that maybe this will cause Clevelanders to forget their "baseball season ends when the NFL preseason starts; GO BROWNZZZZ" mentality and will start going to Indians games now, considering, you know, they're currently half a game behind Texas for the second wild card.

You give Browns fans too much credit.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Lombardi wants draft picks to rebuild.

So far, they will have 2 in the 1st round, 1 in the 2nd, and 2 in the 3rd in 2014.

YOU DON'T TRADE YOUR 2012 #3 OVERALL PICK IN 2013 FOR A PICK IN THE 20S WHEN YOU'RE REBUILDING

SERIOUSLY WHAT THE :censored: IS HE GOING TO DO AT 25 THAT'S BETTER THAN TRENT RICHARDSON?

WE'VE BEEN REBUILDING FOR 10 GODDAMN YEARS NOW IT'D BE NICE TO SEE THE TEAM ACTUALLY :censored:ING TRY TO WIN EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE

Sunk. Costs. You also don't draft an RB #3 overall in today's NFL regardless of his pedigree and potential because they get hurt too easily. So the issue is more "Mike Holmgren is a dumbarse" than Lombardi.

You don't draft a once-in-a-generation running back when Colt McCoy is your quarterback. Okay, got it.

Well, thank you Browns for making me feel a little better about being a Bucs fan.

I wonder if there was some reason behind this trade we don't know about? I mean, I don't want to insinuate Richardson has a bad character or something it just seems so out of left field. Maybe he requested a trade to the FO?

He's had injury issues in both preseasons and for all the hype couldn't even crack 1000 yards last season.

Not everyone can crack 1,000 yards in their rookie year.

One should since it is only 62 yards/game.

EDIT: But since a pool of your former VT RBs cannot reach that mark (Williams, Evans, Imoh, Jones, Wilson...) I am not surprised you think it is so hard.

I didn't talk about Tech but I mean if you want to bring it up then... ok. Williams, & Jones both blew out knees. Darren Evans never really made an NFL team, and it's just a little too early to tell about David Wilson, but keep in mind they were STUDS in college. I never said Tech RB's have been and will be great backs in the NFL.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Sarcasm, I assume, BigEd?

Nope, I was agreeing with you ^_^

Oh ok ^_^ Glad Ive got NFL Network on Dish for the time being. Now I can watch Thursday night games (until abut mid-October)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Oh ok ^_^ Glad Ive got NFL Network on Dish for the time being. Now I can watch Thursday night games (until abut mid-October)

That's about the same time I'll lose internet :angered: unless something drastic happens in the next month to change that.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

That's about the same time I'll lose internet :angered: unless something drastic happens in the next month to change that.

FistPump.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So...it seems like this Chiefs team is coming along pretty nicely. Four takeaways in the first half alone--two INTs, one returned to the house--a forced fumble and whatever the hell that was that occurred with the center snap. You'd think Philadelphia would be buried right now...but nope, only down 10.

Which exposes a pretty glaring issue right now: KC has issues scoring six on offense. I'll give Alex Smith this much, though, from what I just watched of him: he isn't forcing anything, not taking what isn't there, and his line is giving the man PLENTY of protection. (That's always a good thing.)

Oh and...you think Andy Reid really wants this one???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

If the Browns are going to do this, they need to commit to doing it. No firing the coach or the GM for at least four years. If the new owners get impatient and fire people, they're back to square one. From a pure football point, it's a fine trade. It's a PR nightmare though.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Archived