NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/19/mia-nfl-super-bowl-xlvi-halftime-legal-war/?sct=obnetwork

The Hollywood Reporter reports that the league has been “waging secret legal war” against M.I.A., seeking $1.5 million and a public apology. Her lawyer, Howard King, told the Reporter that M.I.A. “plans to launch a public war on the mega-powerful football league”.

“She is going to go public with an explanation of how ridiculous it was for the NFL and its fans to devote such furor to this incident,” King said, “while ignoring the genocide occurring in her home country and several other countries, topics she frequently speaks to.” M.I.A. (real name Mathangi Arulpragasam) is half-Sri Lankan.

King continued, lambasting the NFL for spending time on this issue:

“Of course, the NFL’s claimed reputation for wholesomeness is hilarious, in light of the weekly felonies committed by its stars, the bounties placed by coaches on opposing players, the homophobic and racist comments uttered by its players, the complete disregard for the health of players and the premature deaths that have resulted from same, and the raping of public entities ready to sacrifice public funds to attract teams.”

Yeah, go M.I.A.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If there's any consolation for the city of Cleveland, it's that maybe this will cause Clevelanders to forget their "baseball season ends when the NFL preseason starts; GO BROWNZZZZ" mentality and will start going to Indians games now, considering, you know, they're currently half a game behind Texas for the second wild card.

The Tribe will always be my favorite pro team, and Browns are probably 3rd behind the Cavs. But I will say that the Indians have been about .5 game back for a month and haven't done anything. Lost 2 series to a mediocre KC team and almost lost last night to Houston. Cleveland fans know the Tribe aren't going to make the playoffs. Everything in northeast ohio ends in heartbreak.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/19/mia-nfl-super-bowl-xlvi-halftime-legal-war/?sct=obnetwork

The Hollywood Reporter reports that the league has been “waging secret legal war” against M.I.A., seeking $1.5 million and a public apology. Her lawyer, Howard King, told the Reporter that M.I.A. “plans to launch a public war on the mega-powerful football league”.

“She is going to go public with an explanation of how ridiculous it was for the NFL and its fans to devote such furor to this incident,” King said, “while ignoring the genocide occurring in her home country and several other countries, topics she frequently speaks to.” M.I.A. (real name Mathangi Arulpragasam) is half-Sri Lankan.

“Of course, the NFL’s claimed reputation for wholesomeness is hilarious, in light of the weekly felonies committed by its stars, the bounties placed by coaches on opposing players, the homophobic and racist comments uttered by its players, the complete disregard for the health of players and the premature deaths that have resulted from same, and the raping of public entities ready to sacrifice public funds to attract teams.”

Yeah, go M.I.A.

I dunno... All this just because she flipped the bird? Seems like a waste a time for both sides.

If there's any consolation for the city of Cleveland, it's that maybe this will cause Clevelanders to forget their "baseball season ends when the NFL preseason starts; GO BROWNZZZZ" mentality and will start going to Indians games now, considering, you know, they're currently half a game behind Texas for the second wild card.

The Tribe will always be my favorite pro team, and Browns are probably 3rd behind the Cavs. But I will say that the Indians have been about .5 game back for a month and haven't done anything. Lost 2 series to a mediocre KC team and almost lost last night to Houston. Cleveland fans know the Tribe aren't going to make the playoffs. Everything in northeast ohio ends in heartbreak.

I know the pain. I was debating to preorder postseason tickets today at 10 but then I figured they won't make it anyways.

spacer.png

If the Indians aren't hosting the wild card play-in game, which (by cheap MLB standards) is a playoff game and is certainly an extra home game for the Indians this season, then I will be shocked.

Yeah, they only play the Astros, White Sox and Twins but they'll manage to :censored: it up

spacer.png

Yeah, go M.I.A.

Now I'm confused about MIA. While I appreciate her pointing out lunacy in the NFL, I'm not sure how to square her at the Super Bowl halftime show having anything to do with genocide in Sri Lanka. Unless, I'm supposed to always think about genocide in Sri Lanka whenever I see MIA.

It'd be better than this, at least:

very_pregnant_mia_performs_at_grammys.jp

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just saw on ESPN that Von Miller and the urine collector tried to undermine the testing.

I figured there was more to the story than just Von Miller failing a drug test. This would definitely explain why he was given a six game suspension instead of four. He should consider himeself verrrry lucky it wasn't more, especially considering this is "Goodell's NFL".

I'm sure he'll be given another shot in Denver, but this guy's folder is already getting pretty thick. Wasted talent. Damn shame.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived