NBA Top 3/ Bottom 3 logos

This is fun, can we do this for NFL and MLB as well? Or has it already been done?

Top 3 NBA

1. Celtics (awesome leprachaun)

2. Sixers (hate the city & the team, but the logo is cool, the 13 stars in a circle)

3. Spurs (using a spur as the "U" is uber cool)

Bottom 3.

28. Nets - (Just a "B" and the word "Nets"...snoozefest)

29. Pistons - (Just the team name in front of a basketball, more snooze)

30. Clippers - (ugh)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. zq8qkfni1g087f4245egc32po.gifAll the elements of the team name and state are nicely represtented. A+

2. slhg02hbef3j1ov4lsnwyol5o.gifA celtic spinning a basketball and nice use of the shamrocks. Classic and pleasantly drawn.

3. 496226812014.gifState bird, state colors, and the script & fleur de lis says, "Bouron Street" to me. Almost perfect.

28. hsuff5m3dgiv20kovde422r1f.gifI like the Brooklyn subway script, but that's all they did.

29. m2leygieeoy40t46n1qqv0550.gifMountains for Utah, check. But where's the jazz in this logo other than just writing it?

30. khmovcnezy06c3nm05ccn0oj2.gifHmmmm, ok the blue is from the state flag. But seriously, WTF is going on here?

I've always liked the idea of using a saxophone as a J, a mountain as an A, and then I dunno for the ZZ, but that gives you "Utah Jazz" whereas previous logos had been one or the other (and then you had the 2004-2010 uniforms which were nothing about anything).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Including my votes (below), here are the results so far:

Most top 3 votes: CHI, SA, GS/MIN, NO, BOS, MIA, IND/MIL, ATL/POR/MEM, HOU/ORL, BKN/DEN/LAL/NY/PHI/TOR/UTA, CLE (8 teams haven't gotten a top 3 vote)

Most bottom 3 votes: OKC, WAS, CHA, LAL, BKN, LAC, UTA/DAL, DET, POR, BOS/HOU/ORL/PHI/TOR/PHX/SAC (13 teams haven't gotten a bottom 3 vote)

Teams appearing in top 3 and bottom 3: BKN, BOS, HOU, LAL, ORL, PHI, POR, TOR, UTA

Weighted votes [5, 3, 1, -1, -3, -5]: 1-CHI, 2-SA, 3-GS/MIN, 5-BOS, 6-MIA, 7-NO, 8-MIL, 9-IND, 10-MEM, 11-DEN, 12-ATL/HOU/NY, 15-TOR, 16-ORL, 17-CLE, 18-PHI, 19-PHX/POR, 21-SAC, 22-DET, 23-BKN, 24-LAL, 25-LAC/UTA, 27-DAL, 28-CHA, 29-WAS, 30-OKC

1. 496226812014.gif

2. 827.gif

3. qhhir6fj8zp30f33s7sfb4yw0.gif

=====================

28. uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif

29. ifk08eam05rwxr3yhol3whdcm.gif

30. khmovcnezy06c3nm05ccn0oj2.gif

ujsignature.png

Most top 3 votes: CHI, SA, GS/MIN, NO, BOS, MIA, IND/MIL, ATL/POR/MEM, HOU/ORL, BKN/DEN/LAL/NY/PHI/TOR/UTA, CLE (8 teams haven't gotten a top 3 vote)

Most bottom 3 votes: OKC, WAS, CHA, LAL, BKN, LAC, UTA/DAL, DET, POR, BOS/HOU/ORL/PHI/TOR/PHX/SAC (13 teams haven't gotten a bottom 3 vote)

Teams appearing in top 3 and bottom 3: BKN, BOS, HOU, LAL, ORL, PHI, POR, TOR, UTA

Weighted votes [5, 3, 1, -1, -3, -5]: 1-CHI, 2-SA, 3-GS/MIN, 5-BOS, 6-MIA, 7-NO, 8-MIL, 9-IND, 10-MEM, 11-DEN, 12-ATL/HOU/NY, 15-TOR, 16-ORL, 17-CLE, 18-PHI, 19-PHX/POR, 21-SAC, 22-DET, 23-BKN, 24-LAL, 25-LAC/UTA, 27-DAL, 28-CHA, 29-WAS, 30-OKC

1. Pelicans

2. Spurs

3. Warriors

========

28. Lakers

29. Mavericks

30. Thunder

1. Pelicans

2. Spurs

3. Warriors

========

28. Lakers

29. Mavericks

30. Thunder

I love that! I think it was brought up in the NFL thread (I think?) where we could use a full ranking system, rather than just top 3/bottom 3, but similar to what you've got.

The 3 Best

slhg02hbef3j1ov4lsnwyol5o.gif Just flat out classic

0295onf2c4xsbfsxye6i.gif Very effective design work

496226812014.gif Glorious looking. I wished the uniforms matched this feel a little better

Honorable Mention Best:

5mdhgjh3aa92kih09pgi.gif

The 3 Worst

bvv028jd1hhr8ee8ii7a0fg4i.gif No imagination whatsoever. How would we tell what a clipper is from this?

b3619brnphtx65s2th4p9eggf.gif Very lazy recoloring it instead of redesigning it or just going with the secondary logo as the primary. 3g5wchibh2ltoh617fcpgmfio.gif

khmovcnezy06c3nm05ccn0oj2.gif The worst POS ever created for a professional team. No excuses. A D-League team doesn't even deserve to be punished with this garbage.

Dishonorable Mention Worst:

hsuff5m3dgiv20kovde422r1f.gif WTF?? Could've been saved somewhat with an interesting font.

khmovcnezy06c3nm05ccn0oj2.gif The worst POS ever created for a professional team. No excuses. A D-League team doesn't even deserve to be punished with this garbage.

Why isn't Clay Bennett doing anything about it? It's nothing but a mockery to the franchise, and everybody else.

Why isn't Clay Bennett doing anything about it? It's nothing but a mockery to the franchise, and everybody else.

I have no clue. People here in Tulsa haven't said much about it since the Thunder went to the Finals last year.

If you don't have the Thunder in your bottom 3, you're doing it wrong.

Also, the Blazers logo is supposed to be East meets West, like the pioneer trailblazers who traversed the Oregon Trail. I agree the regular, straight up and down logo is better than the italicized one.

Also, the Blazers logo is supposed to be East meets West, like the pioneer trailblazers who traversed the Oregon Trail. I agree the regular, straight up and down logo is better than the italicized one.

No, it's meant to be an abstract rendition of a game of basketball - hence the 5 lines on each side...

To Phil kizer..when the Suns New uniforms came out..someone posted an article one the reason for the lazy recoloring with MOST the logos(Jazz,Wizards,etc) was because teams are restricted to change logos within 10years,expensive,only unless ownership changes,anniversaries,etc

I can understand that, but I remember when the Suns first came out with this hsfhrcipet4824xusge04tghr.gif they showed it so much and hardly ever showed this g9agfgof0kzui4u445wrsj3e5.gif. If a franchise can't officially change the main logo for a set amount of years, they should at least try to tuck it away and heavily promote the secondary logo, which apparently can be changed yearly. Detroit and Cleveland have modified theirs between seasons without having to wait 10 years. When Lebron left for Miami, Cleveland removed the gold outline on the main logo 5zp5356wfntqosqr3ah5hmdr1.gif and replaced it with yellow e4701g88mmn7ehz2baynbs6e0.gif. Then there was the sword upright with the "C" 51q501cmgmlwebez4rl8omwq1.gif, then the sword at an angle with a flag on it hf6feraugrlnnejhelxzvkzjp.gif, now it's just a giant "C" ige5q46x2v9c8hw80jhi4f85h.gif.

Also the court had "Cleveland" with the crossed swords Cavs_Court_2011.jpg

, now it's just the giant sized "C" 3693_cleveland_cavaliers-stadium-2013.gi.

Teams should just push their secondary logos as if they are the primaries. Hopefully, many things will change for the better when Adam Silver takes over :)

• 4 months later...

slhg02hbef3j1ov4lsnwyol5o.gif Classic. Love the cartoon look. Fits together

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifThat gray really does it for me.

793.gifSimple, like the shades of blue. Interesting illustration

827.gifI'm not sure, it just works.

------------------------------

832.gif Sacramento Kings - Too much going on, hate the colors. fonts is ugly

0295onf2c4xsbfsxye6i.gif Milwaukee Bucks The script is fine but the buck just looks bad to me. It's a traced, realistic, non-symmetrical buck. Strange for a logo and not very pretty

8xe4813lzybfhfl14axgzzqeq.gif Houston Rockets Cant stand this. Looks like it's trying to be ultra-modern. Just looks fugly. I honestly liked the 90s logo better vr7yd7ghightk5f9g3jh5ltnc.gif 1995/96 - 2002/03

tmjfk4voqo1v34rm65982p2hu.gif Charlotte Bobcats Hideous. Colors aren't great but the bobcat is horrible. No depth and looks like a high school logo to me

Archived