Trent richardson traded

panthers_2012

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I start the fire Micheal Lombardi fan club?

Sure, your first member right here... I'm not even a Browns fan to know Michael Lombardi is arguably the biggest dumbass in the NFL.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

What a sad day for an already sad franchise. It's been years and they have no earthly idea what they're doing anymore. All they have is a frothing segment of their original fanbase while the rest watch with rheumy eyes in the shadows, fingers resting on the well-worn "last" button of their remote controls. They can only take a few plays at a time now, much less an entire game.

Their biggest accomplishment was getting the Madden cover with a crappy running back who they cut ties with almost immediately afterward. They've made the playoffs once. They're about as good at drafting quarterbacks as the Jaguars are at selling out home games. They benched another first round pick (the god-awful and strangely old Brandon Weeden) for Cleveland native Brian Hoyer, who I'm pretty sure got lost, came to training camp to ask for directions and was promptly signed because Browns.

Other NFL fans, even ones from the hated Ravens and Steelers, are all looking in on this and the response has been one of universal pity. Could one desperately argue that the Browns did this in order to assure themselves an additional 1st round pick while securing a high (potentially number one) overall pick in 2014 with the league's worst record? Sure, but even with new ownership and another round of forgettable GM/head coaching hirings, what will ever change?

Polishing the brass on the Titanic.

At least one of us is having fun.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

OK, alternate theory here-where are the Browns relative to the cap? Are they trying to shed payroll because the ownership is under federal investigation?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

OK, alternate theory here-where are the Browns relative to the cap? Are they trying to shed payroll because the ownership is under federal investigation?

I didn't want to be the one to say that (for obvious reasons), but...that's what I was thinking, too.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This is a good trade for Cleveland. It really is.

It's not the fault of the current regime that the past regime's moves were bad or failed. Richardson wasn't worth the third-overall pick. Unless you know you're getting Adrian Peterson no running backs are. Even Adrian Peterson isn't delivering a Super Bowl to Minnesota on his own. The league simply isn't won or lost with the running game any more.

Beyond that Richardson isn't even clearly good enough to have been a first-round pick. His YPC is mediocre and his durability is questionable. He's very young, and it's fair to still talk about his potential.

But the Browns need a QB more than than they need a RB that isn't ever likely to be the best in the league. And now they have a high first-round draft pick and a mid-first round draft pick. This is a good move for them even if it's a shot to the fans that have to watch them this season.

As for the Colts. It's a hell of a gamble. I think they overpaid. I don't think you give up a first rounder for a running back, especially one who has yet to be overly impressive at this level (and has played games at this level). And I don't think you can expect Richardson to suddenly find running room behind the Colts line. It's probably worse than the Browns line. Yes, the defense has to play the pass a little more, but I wouldn't expect to see Richardson run wild.

The truth is, it's a big gamble for both teams. It could go very right for both or very wrong for both or something in between. It's obviously way less exciting for Cleveland fans than it is for Indy fans, but at the same time, I think it's a bit more likely to be more positive for the Browns than the Colts.

Cleveland is really the sports city with the worst luck/fate/whatever you want to call it. 49 years since their last championship of any sort; and that was before the Superbowl.

The Browns leave town and become one of the league's most consistently good teams, with 2 super bowls in 12 years. The new incarnation has been absolutely dismal for 14 years.

Indians seem to never be able to break the ceiling of mediocrity.

The Cavs had a successful period there for a few years, but their star player takes off for greener pastures.

I suppose you could make an argument for Buffalo and San Diego as well, but I think Cleveland has a slight edge.

sig.png

I didn't want to be the one to say that (for obvious reasons), but...that's what I was thinking, too.

Quickly... the team is way under the salary cap. Reasons were not financial but football related.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The Cleveland Browns that came to be in 1999 are like a fake handbag you buy on the street. It may say Browns and look like the Browns, but on the inside its a cheaply made counterfeit.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

How much control does Joe Banner have there?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What're the odds they end up with Johnny Manziel in the top five next year?

Considering how teams have become hesitant to take quarterbacks in the first round, and factor where his (im)maturity level is currently at, Manziel will be lucky to go in the top 32.

6uXNWAo.png

Telling you guys... running backs just aren't first round picks. Especially ones with injury concerns and ordinary ability. Browns did well if they don't blow the draft pick.

I dont think Richardson had "ordinary" ability. He was a great pass catcher from the backfield, he was able to stay in to block on passing sets, he was always falling forward, and despite a terrible offensive line and no passing game, he still managed 3+ yards per carry. 3+ yards per carry is nothing to hang your hat on, but when the defense had no threat of pass and couple pack the box... it says more than you think.

That being said... the Browns are going to blow the draft pick. They always blow the draft picks.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived