Trent richardson traded

panthers_2012

Can I start the fire Micheal Lombardi fan club?

Another member right here. I'm no Browns fan but the organization has to be one of the worst run franchises in sports. This deal just seals Cleveland's incompetence as a franchise of the NFL. It's clear that the Colts are huge winners in this deal because he could put up big numbers with Luck as QB. I guess Cleveland wants to enter the Bridgewater sweepstakes but hopefully Jacksonville gets the 1st pick.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dam...that's pretty bad.

(Is it also bad that I actually remember all their first names?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Dam...that's pretty bad.

I had all but Thaddeus Lewis - I forgot he existed.

But... that... wow. Nineteen starting QBs in 15 years.

You could've done the same thing with 49ers quarterbacks from 2003-10: Garcia, Rattay, Dorsey, A. Smith, Pickett, Dilfer, Hill, Weinke, O'Sullivan, T. Smith. A few of the same names there...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Dam...that's pretty bad.

You could've done the same thing with 49ers quarterbacks from 2003-10: Garcia, Rattay, Dorsey, A. Smith, Pickett, Dilfer, Hill, Weinke, O'Sullivan, T. Smith. A few of the same names there...

I just can't wrap my head around this. As you stated, 19 QBs in 15 years...I don't think they know how to produce a winning team. I get ridiculed for being a Steelers and Panthers fan in Cleveland, but everytime they show the Browns on TV, the stadium is half empty. A lot of people are upset with the Browns..some are even saying that they are tired of rooting for a team that always lose. I mean 1 playoff apperence in 15 seasons? That's just terrible.... They had a decent team, but all Haslem and Lombardi are looking at is the money in the organization. I thought renamimg the stadium was a terrible idea because the taxpayers money went straight to that stadium. They had a good team, but as usual, they screwed up and all they care about is money.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Cleveland is really the sports city with the worst luck/fate/whatever you want to call it. 49 years since their last championship of any sort; and that was before the Superbowl.

The Browns leave town and become one of the league's most consistently good teams, with 2 super bowls in 12 years. The new incarnation has been absolutely dismal for 14 years.

Indians seem to never be able to break the ceiling of mediocrity.

The Cavs had a successful period there for a few years, but their star player takes off for greener pastures.

I suppose you could make an argument for Buffalo and San Diego as well, but I think Cleveland has a slight edge.

Over the past couple of years, performances from teams in such cities as Dallas, San Diego, Seattle and Atlanta have been soul-sucking, gut-punching and back-stabbing for fans in those cities.

But Cleveland remains the (unfortunately and sadly) top standard in spreading sports misery throughout all the teams in its city.

Dam...that's pretty bad.

At least the 49ers had more years than names. -.-

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Packers QB's since Farve started his first game for them:

Farve

Rodgers

Flynn

Bears QB's over the same period:

Cutler

Orton

Grossman

Griese

Krenzel

Hutchinson

Quinn

Stewart

Chandler

Burris

Miller

Matthews

McNown

Kramer

Stenstrom

Moreno

Mirer

Krieg

Walsh

Harbaugh

Willis

Furrer

Packers QB's since Farve started his first game for them:

Farve

Rodgers

Flynn

Bears QB's over the same period:

Cutler

Orton

Grossman

Griese

Krenzel

Hutchinson

Quinn

Stewart

Chandler

Burris

Miller

Matthews

McNown

Kramer

Stenstrom

Moreno

Mirer

Krieg

Walsh

Harbaugh

Willis

Furrer

You're forgetting Tebow for Denver

EDIT: Nevermind. I thought it was Denver somehow.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Keep hearing Trent "wasn't a good fit." Yes, he was actually good so that doesn't fit in with the Cleveland philosophy.

I see them taking Adam Dingwell from San Diego State as the #1 pick. Solid QB with 0 TD's, 5 interceptions, and about 30% completion percentage. Lombardi thinks he can be the best QB drafted #1 overall since Jamarcus Russell.

This is a good trade for Cleveland. It really is.

It's not the fault of the current regime that the past regime's moves were bad or failed. Richardson wasn't worth the third-overall pick. Unless you know you're getting Adrian Peterson no running backs are. Even Adrian Peterson isn't delivering a Super Bowl to Minnesota on his own. The league simply isn't won or lost with the running game any more.

Beyond that Richardson isn't even clearly good enough to have been a first-round pick. His YPC is mediocre and his durability is questionable. He's very young, and it's fair to still talk about his potential.

But the Browns need a QB more than than they need a RB that isn't ever likely to be the best in the league. And now they have a high first-round draft pick and a mid-first round draft pick. This is a good move for them even if it's a shot to the fans that have to watch them this season.

As for the Colts. It's a hell of a gamble. I think they overpaid. I don't think you give up a first rounder for a running back, especially one who has yet to be overly impressive at this level (and has played games at this level). And I don't think you can expect Richardson to suddenly find running room behind the Colts line. It's probably worse than the Browns line. Yes, the defense has to play the pass a little more, but I wouldn't expect to see Richardson run wild.

The truth is, it's a big gamble for both teams. It could go very right for both or very wrong for both or something in between. It's obviously way less exciting for Cleveland fans than it is for Indy fans, but at the same time, I think it's a bit more likely to be more positive for the Browns than the Colts.

I agree completely, although I think this is somewhat less of a gamble for the Colts, if only because the initial response is "they robbed the Browns blind." There won't be the kind of pressure to perform that the Browns will have once all those draft picks actually sign contracts.

So. About the Browns totally screwing their fans over by trading their best player...

Richardson simply wasn't having a big impact on this team. And now they're armed with another first round pick. And the fans are still going to be treated with a competitive if unspectacular team this season.

Browns new regime has a clue.

So. About the Browns totally screwing their fans over by trading their best player...

Richardson simply wasn't having a big impact on this team. And now they're armed with another first round pick. And the fans are still going to be treated with a competitive if unspectacular team this season.

No, I still think Michael Lombardi's head is up his a$$.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

No, I still think Michael Lombardi's head is up his a$$.

Joe Banner has a much to do with all football moves as Lombardi does.

I kind of think today's Colts win over the 49ers was actually more proof this was an unnecessary surrendering of a first round pick by the Colts.

I know Richardson maybe isn't fully up to speed on the Colts offense and he might have better performances than he did today (which was not the least bit special). That's fine. It's not even about what Richardson didn't do.

It's about what Bradshaw did. Which was absolutely run over the 49ers defense. You don't need a first round draft pick to do have a solid running game. The Colts could have done this with Bradshaw and Donald Brown.

And going forward beyond this season, Vick Ballard and Bradshaw could have made up that duo.

Bradshaw and Richardson will be a fine duo, but the Colts gave up a big draft pick for something they could have gotten from other sources. If the win the Super Bowl this year, fine, but I suspect they won't. I'm not convinced they're even a playoff team. And with that in mind not having a first round pick is sort of a big deal.

Archived