NBA 2013-14 Season Thread

TJKiddsHead

There's no reason to believe the Nets can't beat the Heat in the playoffs other than LeBron James doesn't play for the Nets

I used a similar line of reasoning when I was 9.

"There's no reason the Raptors can't beat the Bulls, other then the fact that the Bulls have Michael Jordan!"

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Spurs-T'Wolves game scheduled for Mexico City last night got smoked out. I guess the Wolves didn't even have to actually play in order to stink up the place.

It turns out Mexico City's arena just opened last season and seats over 22K. No doubt, once Gary Bettman heard about the called-off game, his first thought was "Hmm... I wonder if they can fit an NHL rink in there?"

CCSLC signature.png

The Spurs-T'Wolves game scheduled for Mexico City last night got smoked out. I guess the Wolves didn't even have to actually play in order to stink up the place.

It turns out their arena just opened last season and seats over 22K. No doubt, once Gary Bettman heard this news, the first thought in his head was "Hmm... I wonder if they can fit an NHL rink in there?"

Wrong thread.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

ship-fail.jpg

I cant believe the Nets are this bad, this has to be Jason Kidd, there is too much depth and too much talent for this to happen. This is like a bad dream.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

No its just that Jason Kidd is the worst mot unprepared coach in the history of professional sports. Just watch the Nets third quarters, watch the cup spill look at the Lawrence Frank fiasco this is a major dumpster fire and Kidd has to be fired for his sake and the sake of all that is holy. This team makes no adjustments and the team is getting frustrated, has no energy and stands around looking and wanting to be coached.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

They probably should have made Lawrence Frank the head coach again and Kidd the assistant, so as to ease him in. But then you can't do sweet ad blitzes with and get another "#hello_____" trending:

hello-coach-splash.jpg

Sigh. Now you know what I went through with Vinny Del Negro.

EDIT: oh man oh man oh man look at this:

Brilliant. Just brilliant. Terrific.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Sigh. Now you know what I went through with Vinny Del Negro.

He really is Vinny all over again, right down to the utter lack of a system on offense or defense, and their complete inability to even get coachspeak right (Vinny used to talk about "doing it harder" and Kidd claims his team "needs to get better at health").

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

J Kidd isn't exactly Phil but tank have you considered that this also just isn't a very good team? I'm not sure what this "depth" you keep talking about is but I don't see any there. Can't blame a coach for a bad roster and injuries to their two best players

they're 5-14 and get blown out every night. even when the nets went 12-70, they weren't losing EVERY game by 20 or more like the nets are. their problems aren't just one thing. they're unathletic, old, slow, injured, mentally weak, poorly coached, etc. the entire team is broken and they would do good to blow this entire core up and start over.

I can't believe we fleesed Brooklyn THAT bad for the draft picks,(are they top 3-5 protected??)

2014 first round draft pick from Brooklyn

Brooklyn will convey the less favorable of its 2014 1st round pick and Atlanta's 2014 1st round pick to Boston (via Atlanta's right to swap for Brooklyn) [Atlanta-Brooklyn, 7/11/2012 and then Boston-Brooklyn, 7/12/2013]

2016 first round draft pick from Brooklyn

Brooklyn's 2016 1st round pick to Boston [boston-Brooklyn, 7/12/2013]

2017 first round draft pick from Brooklyn

Boston has the right to swap its 2017 1st round pick for Brooklyn's 2017 1st round pick; if Boston exercises this swap right, then Boston will convey its 2017 2nd round pick to Brooklyn protected for selections 31-45 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Boston's obligation to Brooklyn will be extinguished) [boston-Brooklyn, 7/12/2013]

2018 first round draft pick from Brooklyn

Brooklyn's 2018 1st round pick to Boston [boston-Brooklyn, 7/12/2013]

I...don't see 3-5 protected in there. Nets are dicked.

I can't believe we fleesed Brooklyn THAT bad for the draft picks,(are they top 3-5 protected??)

Brooklyn will convey the less favorable of its 2014 1st round pick and Atlanta's 2014 1st round pick to Boston (via Atlanta's right to swap for Brooklyn) [Atlanta-Brooklyn, 7/11/2012 and then Boston-Brooklyn, 7/12/2013]

2016 first round draft pick from Brooklyn

Brooklyn's 2016 1st round pick to Boston [boston-Brooklyn, 7/12/2013]

2017 first round draft pick from Brooklyn

Boston has the right to swap its 2017 1st round pick for Brooklyn's 2017 1st round pick; if Boston exercises this swap right, then Boston will convey its 2017 2nd round pick to Brooklyn protected for selections 31-45 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Boston's obligation to Brooklyn will be extinguished) [boston-Brooklyn, 7/12/2013]

2018 first round draft pick from Brooklyn

Brooklyn's 2018 1st round pick to Boston [boston-Brooklyn, 7/12/2013]

I...don't see 3-5 protected in there. Nets are dicked.

SCORE!!! Suckers.....

Oh wait, those are the Nets picks going to the Celtics. I forgot about the ones going to Atlanta. I even thought you mistakenly referred to Danny Ainge as Danny Ferry!

Atlanta has the right to swap its 2014 1st round pick for Brooklyn's 2014 1st round pick [Atlanta-Brooklyn, 7/11/2012]; Brooklyn will convey the less favorable of these two picks to Boston (see Brooklyn Debits)

2015 first round draft pick from Brooklyn

Atlanta has the right to swap its 2015 1st round pick for Brooklyn's 2015 1st round pick [Atlanta-Brooklyn, 7/11/2012]

2015 second round draft pick from Brooklyn

Brooklyn's 2015 2nd round pick to Atlanta (via Utah) [brooklyn-Utah, 12/22/2011 and then Atlanta-Utah, 6/27/2013]

2017 second round draft pick from Brooklyn

Brooklyn's 2017 2nd round pick to Atlanta [Atlanta-Brooklyn, 7/11/2012]

Not even Billy King is this stupid. This had to be the work of the Russian.

Oh also, I liked this line from Kidd:

We’ve got to get back to understanding what we’ve got to get better at. Health is one of those issues.

Yes. Get better at health.

Archived