NBA 2013-14 Season Thread

TJKiddsHead

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the one thing I've noticed: the "equal-weighed" drum system the NBA had in the 1st couple of years of the draft lottery was probably the best anti-tanking system the league had. It didn't matter what the team's records were, and there was no absoluteness in the worst team getting the #1 overall pick after sucking in the previous season. The current "record-weighed" ping-pong-ball system allows teams to suck intentionally to get a couple of more balls to be used in the lottery, increasing the likelihood of a good draft pick.

Ironic how the most (in)famous moment of the "equal-weighted" lottery was the whole, "the league bent the corner and froze the envelope because it wanted the Knicks to get Patrick Ewing" thing.

Then you're going to have fringe playoff teams tanking because they have a 1/14 shot at getting the #1 pick and that's a whole lot better than getting swept in the first round of the playoffs.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

That was arguably the worst Christmas day I've ever seen, pretty much what Lights Out said. The last 2 games were decent, but the Clips-Warriors game was cut short to the bad reffing. And it was also unbearable to watch the game, due to those awesome shirts that I refuse to call basketball jerseys. Sleeves are for football, logos on the front are for hockey, now kindly get that :censored: out of the league. But to their defense, those matchups looked very good in October, but with the New York teams going down in flames like the Hindenburg, Christmas turned to become pretty abysmal this year.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Andrew Bynum is such a punk. I REALLY hope the Clippers get him!

I've never liked Bynum, but when the alternative is having to watch Byron Mullens, Ryan Hollins, and old-ass Antawn Jamison, I'd gladly take him.
As much as it hurts me to say this, Bynum might be the piece we are missing down low. DJ has proven he can be a force but Aldridge's height alone was too much for him. We need a 7 footer in the paint. Bynum is the best available. *sigh*

Nice win for the Wizards tonight, after trailing by 9 at the start of the 4th, then they outscored the Pistons 28-12 in the fourth to get a nice win in Detroit against a playoff team in the East, and we got back to .500, this is our year to get to the playoffs, Whitman has just got to manage this lineup right, which he's currently doing pretty well. I'd rather see our guys (especially against some of the weak and really good teams) to around 35-37 minutes instead of the 40 most of our starters are playing now.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Goran Dragic should be in the All-Star Game this year.

granted, i don't watch a TON of suns games, but how do you separate bledsoe's season from dragic'?

18.4 - 5.9 - 2.9 - 1.3 - 48.5% - 34.1% - 80.0%

18.0 - 5.8 - 4.3 - 1.5 - 48.6% - 35.0% - 78.9%

their numbers. it's like they're the same player.

Goran Dragic should be in the All-Star Game this year.

granted, i don't watch a TON of suns games, but how do you separate bledsoe's season from dragic'?

18.4 - 5.9 - 2.9 - 1.3 - 48.5% - 34.1% - 80.0%

18.0 - 5.8 - 4.3 - 1.5 - 48.6% - 35.0% - 78.9%

their numbers. it's like they're the same player.

Neither do I, it's just his consistent numbers he puts up every game. Dunno if the same can be said about Bledsoe?

I hope that when the Lakers miss the playoffs, they should have a higher draft pick than at number 10 or higher. Do any of the fans want Gasol out of LA? Do they even think that Kaman is a better player than him? They made a huge mistake signing Steve Nash two years ago. I think he should retire before the season ends.

Archived