NBA 2013-14 Season Thread

TJKiddsHead

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clippers fans should enjoy it, as the Laker nation will simply categorize this in "Games Not To Remember Ever," and since it really has no bearing whatsoever on anything, they're not wrong to do so. That being said I do enjoy seeing the Lakers lose.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Clippers gonna Clip.

832838764.gif?1389413224

Screenshot_55.png

BdrE89NCcAASi0Q.jpg

Clippers gonna Clip.

Kamen wanted no part of that poster. That's a perfect "NOPE" meme waiting to happen. LOL

I wonder what makes a guy look worse: getting viciously dunked on, or cowering away from the aforementioned dunk.

The Draft Wheel will go the way of the microfiber ball.

Some teams like the Celtics, Suns, Wolves and Grizzlies have never had a #1 overall, and the league gets enough criticism over the lottery.

What's wrong with an NFL style Worst Picks First approach?

David Stern couldn't have fixed the 1985 draft and have the Knicks draft Patrick Ewing.

God forbid the Lakers endure a period where they don't win. What will become of things? Spoiled.

I hope the exact same thing happens to Alabama...

God, the Suns are starting to be annoying, you're a bad team, in a good conference, that probably should be in one of the bottom 3 spots, but you occupy the 6th seed?

Also, keep it coming Lob City. This ass-whooping of the Lakers is turning into a joy to watch. 70 first half points? Heck yes.

You and the Suns have something in common. Both bad and annoying. But both hanging around

God forbid the Lakers endure a period where they don't win. What will become of things? Spoiled.

I hope the exact same thing happens to Alabama...

God, the Suns are starting to be annoying, you're a bad team, in a good conference, that probably should be in one of the bottom 3 spots, but you occupy the 6th seed?

Also, keep it coming Lob City. This ass-whooping of the Lakers is turning into a joy to watch. 70 first half points? Heck yes.

You and the Suns have something in common. Both bad and annoying. But both hanging around

And lucky for you I guess neither are going away...

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Some teams like the Celtics, Suns, Wolves and Grizzlies have never had a #1 overall, and the league gets enough criticism over the lottery.

David Stern couldn't have fixed the 1985 draft and have the Knicks draft Patrick Ewing.

I don't believe that fixing theory either. Fans always blame Stern when their favorite team stinks, especially Laker fans who think he designed the current CBA to specifically gut the Lakers. I as a Laker fan say to those conspiracy theorists in the fan base: "Prove it!"

I don't believe that fixing theory either. Fans always blame Stern when their favorite team stinks, especially Laker fans who think he designed the current CBA to specifically gut the Lakers. I as a Laker fan say to those conspiracy theorists in the fan base: "Prove it!"

Well I wasn't quite 4 yet when that happened so I can't say for sure. It could be a huge coincidence.

To address what happened in the 1985 draft lottery, it's really suspicious how the 4th envelope (eventually containing the Knicks logo) was dropped into the drum. It's also suspicious of how Stern grabbed hold of his 1st envelope (again, eventually showing the Knicks logo).

As for the whole "Lakers-CBA" theory, I don't buy that, since Jim Buss has been proven to be a butthead so far in the front office. But two words resonate why Laker fans despise David Stern:

"The deal sending Chris Paul to Los Angeles is dead because of basketball reasons."

The Lakers franchise hasn't recovered from that paralyzing-nixing of the CP3 deal, not to the slightest bit. For all we know, David Stern might have put a curse on the Lakers franchise, to never again win an NBA championship from here-on-out.

To address what happened in the 1985 draft lottery, it's really suspicious how the 4th envelope (eventually containing the Knicks logo) was dropped into the drum. It's also suspicious of how Stern grabbed hold of his 1st envelope (again, eventually showing the Knicks logo).

(YouTube Video)

The Idea that Stern would try to hinder the Lakers, the best TV draw in the league is funny.

As for the lottery, I am not ready to say that the first lottery was fixed, (though the thing I notice in the video is the corner of the Knicks envelope looks bent). If they really fixed the lottery by banging the envelope against the inside of the hamster wheel and having Stern grab the one with the bent corner, then he did it very seamlessly and must have nerves of steel.

The Knicks only missed the worst record by two games (two teams tied; Indiana and Golden State). If Stern wanted to fix it for New York, wouldn't it just have been easier to ask the Knicks to tank?

Does anyone know when the NBA decided to establish the 1985 Lottery? I have seen it suggested that it was done mid-season perhaps to at least give the Knicks a shot at the first pick, but the standings kinda give me the impression, they'd have been in the hunt all year, rendering the lottery risky. Now, I absolutely believe Stern and the NBA would be willing to install the lottery for this reason*, but I don't know that I buy that they did in this situation, given the standings (unless they actually established the lottery at the end of the season, which seems a bit too bold).

*I absolutely believe that the first round was expanded to 7 games because the Lakers were the 5 seed in the playoffs that year. They beat the T-Wolves and would have won the series had it been 5 or 7 so it did not matter (and I am not complaining as a T-Wolves fan). In fact, I think 7 games makes more sense in round 1 so as not to give the 8 seeds a better shot, but the reasoning was unsettling.

I guess I am extending the tangent...NBA conspiracies and unfairness could be its own thread.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

As for the lottery, I am not ready to say that the first lottery was fixed, (though the thing I notice in the video is the corner of the Knicks envelope looks bent). If they really fixed the lottery by banging the envelope against the inside of the hamster wheel and having Stern grab the one with the bent corner, then he did it very seamlessly and must have nerves of steel.

The Knicks only missed the worst record by two games (two teams tied; Indiana and Golden State). If Stern wanted to fix it for New York, wouldn't it just have been easier to ask the Knicks to tank?

Does anyone know when the NBA decided to establish the 1985 Lottery? I have seen it suggested that it was done mid-season perhaps to at least give the Knicks a shot at the first pick, but the standings kinda give me the impression, they'd have been in the hunt all year, rendering the lottery risky. Now, I absolutely believe Stern and the NBA would be willing to install the lottery for this reason, but I don't know that I buy that they did in this situation, given the standings (unless they actually established the lottery at the end of the season, which seems a bit too bold.

Allegedly, the lottery was instituted after the 1984 draft, in response to allegations of the Rockets tanking games to acquire the #1 overall pick (eventually being Hakeem Olajuwon). By 1985, everyone knew the top pick would be Patrick Ewing, and the league wanted to ensure teams didn't intentionally suck to get him.

Based on the YouTube video, the league had other plans. Bernard King, the team's biggest draw, had suffered his torn ACL, and with that, the Knicks were sputtering in terms of fan attention and ratings. What's the best way for the team in the NBA's biggest city to be back in the limelight? Get Ewing.

Stern really didn't care the order of the teams from the #2 pick-on, so long as New York was #1. But the draft lottery indirectly sparked the beginning of the Knicks-Pacers rivalry.

Celtics trade their best offensive player for Joel Anthony and picks. The tanking is now for real in Boston, and the Dubs get another shooter.

As if they needed 2 more, it's also a good to hear that neither of them plays very good defense, while having awesome bench scorers is cool. When you're only decent perimeter defender is Andre Iguodala, you're not going very far in the playoffs. I doubt they'd get to the conference finals at this point, but for what you're giving up, it still is a great trade for both teams.

I'm still ashamed of the Wizards for dealing Jordan Crawford for Jason Collins and a second, I get that he was disgruntled, but he would be pretty useful right now.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Does anyone know when the NBA decided to establish the 1985 Lottery? I have seen it suggested that it was done mid-season perhaps to at least give the Knicks a shot at the first pick, but the standings kinda give me the impression, they'd have been in the hunt all year, rendering the lottery risky. Now, I absolutely believe Stern and the NBA would be willing to install the lottery for this reason, but I don't know that I buy that they did in this situation, given the standings (unless they actually established the lottery at the end of the season, which seems a bit too bold.

Allegedly, the lottery was instituted after the 1984 draft, in response to allegations of the Rockets tanking games to acquire the #1 overall pick (eventually being Hakeem Olajuwon). By 1985, everyone knew the top pick would be Patrick Ewing, and the league wanted to ensure teams didn't intentionally suck to get him.

Based on the YouTube video, the league had other plans. Bernard King, the team's biggest draw, had suffered his torn ACL, and with that, the Knicks were sputtering in terms of fan attention and ratings. What's the best way for the team in the NBA's biggest city to be back in the limelight? Get Ewing.

Stern really didn't care the order of the teams from the #2 pick-on, so long as New York was #1. But the draft lottery indirectly sparked the beginning of the Knicks-Pacers rivalry.

If this is true, then I am having a harder time smelling a rat (and I always want to smell a rat with the NBA).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Clippers are becoming quite the comeback artists. After blowing a sizable lead and being down by 17 midway through the 4th, they managed to win the game.

Something-something, [Clippers gonna Clip comment], something-Lakers-Superiority LULZ trollface.bmp attached: LakersBanners.iso

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived