The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

I dont understand the anti-knock off argument. If it looks decent and is cheaper, thats always good.

Then quite frankly, you are one of the dumber people on this site. Most people who purchase these things know why it's wrong, they just choose for whatever reason to do it anyway. If you really don't see what the problem is here, then I really hope you sterilize yourself so that you don't pollute our gene pool by making dumb babies.

your comment is somewhat pointless. I have a real Mitchell N Ness. I just cut out the middle man. If it were crap, I would tell you so.

What's really pointless is your rambling about your "authentic" Mitchell & Ness jersey without providing us a picture of it.

It sucks that knock-offs even exist but for apparently "sub-standard" people like college kids or poorer people, acquiring an actual authentic (licensed) jersey is impossible. I bought a jersey off of website and it looks allright, but more likely than not is it a counterfeit. Sure, it's bad, but it only cost me $60 which is the "sweet-spot" for my means. I got a license CBJ Alt Customized jersey over Christmas, but that was a special present. It's not fair to look down on the buyers as much as it is to look down on the sellers.

Just my pitch.

~Brett

Fair, but as someone on here pointed out a while back, being a college student isn't an excuse - no one is entitled to a jersey of their favorite team.

sorry I dont have the equipment/device/camera for pictures. I am an adult telling the truth though.

now I see a pointless argument about being against the law...? Look if some guy in America is trying to sell obvious fakes and ripping off a company in America by/for lying is one thing and against the law. But if an American company is using Chinese makers to make their jersey and those Chinese sell a few on the side because our laws dont apply to them. Thats not against the law, thats a contractual problem that the American company cant do crap about. Its an extension of free enterprise. It may be odd, but its not like buying your neighbors stolen stereo from another guy who took it.

now I see a pointless argument about being against the law...?

Like it or not, its illegal.

Look if some guy in America is trying to sell obvious fakes and ripping off a company in America by/for lying is one thing and against the law. But if an American company is using Chinese makers to make their jersey and those Chinese sell a few on the side because our laws dont apply to them. Thats not against the law, thats a contractual problem that the American company cant do crap about. Its an extension of free enterprise. It may be odd, but its not like buying your neighbors stolen stereo from another guy who took it.

However, this is not the case.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I dont understand the anti-knock off argument. If it looks decent and is cheaper, thats always good.

Then quite frankly, you are one of the dumber people on this site. Most people who purchase these things know why it's wrong, they just choose for whatever reason to do it anyway. If you really don't see what the problem is here, then I really hope you sterilize yourself so that you don't pollute our gene pool by making dumb babies.

your comment is somewhat pointless. I have a real Mitchell N Ness. I just cut out the middle man. If it were crap, I would tell you so.

What's really pointless is your rambling about your "authentic" Mitchell & Ness jersey without providing us a picture of it.

It sucks that knock-offs even exist but for apparently "sub-standard" people like college kids or poorer people, acquiring an actual authentic (licensed) jersey is impossible. I bought a jersey off of website and it looks allright, but more likely than not is it a counterfeit. Sure, it's bad, but it only cost me $60 which is the "sweet-spot" for my means. I got a license CBJ Alt Customized jersey over Christmas, but that was a special present. It's not fair to look down on the buyers as much as it is to look down on the sellers.

Just my pitch.

~Brett

Fair, but as someone on here pointed out a while back, being a college student isn't an excuse - no one is entitled to a jersey of their favorite team.

sorry I dont have the equipment/device/camera for pictures. I am an adult telling the truth though.

now I see a pointless argument about being against the law...? Look if some guy in America is trying to sell obvious fakes and ripping off a company in America by/for lying is one thing and against the law. But if an American company is using Chinese makers to make their jersey and those Chinese sell a few on the side because our laws dont apply to them. Thats not against the law, thats a contractual problem that the American company cant do crap about. Its an extension of free enterprise. It may be odd, but its not like buying your neighbors stolen stereo from another guy who took it.

Yeah they do. It's still violating U.S. Copyright Laws, correct? Additionally, their websites are listed under American-controlled domains, right?

6fQjS3M.png

what i've learned so far is Brass and bringbackthevet are typical internet troll rude.....

U.S. copyright laws? I just stated the company is overseas, therefore the law doesnt apply.....and the sites have been up for months, maybe years, and i dont see them getting in trouble ? just my 2 cents

and whats with the knock offs = equals sub standard people comment?

I am not rude, I just cannot have discussions with people who are incapable of making well-thought-out rational points.

We are not discussing "extra" jerseys that the plant in China decides to sell on the side, though I'd wager that the production contracts specifically say not to do that. We're talking about whether it's right or wrong to steal someone else's design and sell it for yourself. If you don't see the problem with that, especially being a member of a forum like this, then really there's no sense reading any more of the nonsense that you type. I'm not even saying "don't do it". I'm just saying that if you don't understand that it's wrong, then there's just no point.

This is not a matter of opinion. Your argument is the same as trying to convince people that 2 + 2 = 5. It's 4. Fcuking 4.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is not a matter of opinion. Your argument is the same as trying to convince people that 2 + 2 = 5. It's 4. Fcuking 4.

This and the "low rent DG_Now" comment are the two greatest things I have ever read in the CCSLC!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

This reminds me of the "professor" was trying to argue that the Vikings' uniforms were meant to be worn purple over purple, and insisted that was the case even when factual evidence proved him wrong.

Look rams29jackson, producing counterfeit jerseys is illegal. It violates intellectual property laws. This isn't a hard concept to grasp.

I ask again: does the NFL really want a breakdown of cost vs. price all over the news? If not, why? Any company can (or should be able to) defend a reasonable profit.

Oil companies take a lot of heat over prices, but - if their books are true and accurate - their profit as a percentage of revenue is reasonable. Hate 'em if you'd like but that's the truth. Airlines have a very hard time making money but part of the problem IMO - and I feel qualified to comment since I worked in airline pricing - is their pricing system. Most companies take the cost of a product and add a reasonable profit. Airlines' philosophy is the same as a lot of car dealers; the price is whatever they can get you to pay regardless of the item's cost to produce. But sooner or later people get tired of being jacked around, tired of paying $400 when another traveler on the same flight paid $199 and others paid $650.

I understand their system - it's based on a seat on a specific flight having a different value to each customer at different times, the same way a bottle of water has a different value to you as you read this vs. someone who has just crawled through a desert for three days. I just totally disagree with using such a model because p***ing off your customers every time they book a ticket is not a recipe for long-term success.

My point being the NFL definitely does not want to shine a spotlight on counterfeit merchandise because they themselves will be exposed for ripping people off.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

This reminds me of the "professor" was trying to argue that the Vikings' uniforms were meant to be worn purple over purple, and insisted that was the case even when factual evidence proved him wrong.

Look rams29jackson, producing counterfeit jerseys is illegal. It violates intellectual property laws. This isn't a hard concept to grasp.

and what I am saying for all intents and purposes is, I dont have a counterfit and got it for cheaper than the ridiculous prices they want to sell them for here.

I really dont give a damn what angle brass and bringback are trying to argue.

The original Question is- Thinking about getting- and I think you should because you can get a decent product not paying an arm and a leg and its better than Americas stupid idea of a replica football jersey thats made like a hanky with iron on numbers.

all the rah-rah USA- its against the law argument is pointless and doesnt mean crap because they have been doing it for ever in plain site and the NFL and M&N cant do crap about it.

and what I am saying for all intents and purposes is, I dont have a counterfit and got it for cheaper than the ridiculous prices they want to sell them for here.

The original Question is- Thinking about getting- and I think you should because you can get a decent product not paying an arm and a leg and its better than Americas stupid idea of a replica football jersey thats made like a hanky with iron on numbers.

all the rah-rah USA- its against the law argument is pointless and doesnt mean crap because they have been doing it for ever in plain site and the NFL and M&N cant do crap about it.

Your jersey is fake. Mitchell & Ness jerseys are made in the US. The only NFL jerseys not made overseas.

False. If you bought it from the website you claim you did, then I can almost guarantee that it's a fake. The same website which also advertises obvious fake jerseys.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Your jersey is fake. Mitchell & Ness jerseys are made in the US. The only NFL jerseys not made overseas.

nope, M & N IS outsourcing to China

U.S. copyright laws? I just stated the company is overseas, therefore the law doesnt apply.....and the sites have been up for months, maybe years, and i dont see them getting in trouble ? just my 2 cents

If you're selling them for profit in the United States, which these companies are, then copyright law would apply, would it not?

6fQjS3M.png

Look at the zero :blink:

Anaheim%20Ducks%20(1).jpg

Straight logos, anyone?

ChicagoBlackhawks16.jpg

Off colour side panels?

Vancouver%20Canucks%203%20Kevin%20Bieksa%20Blue%20NHL%20Jerseys%20Third.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Apparently, even the NHL is buying Chinese these days...

2574990404_bc69063ee3.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Here's what I do when looking to buy a jersey at a website.

First thing I do is look for the 'contact us' info ... if there even is one.

If they don't list a USA type phone number ... and/or .... USA address, it generally means they're in China or someplace very foreign and I will not do business with them.

I found a nice authentic NFL jersey, clicked on the 'contact us' info .... listed there was a NJ phone number. I then contacted them, found out their office and where they ship from is out of New Jersey, and went over their return policy with them. It's also guaranteed to be authentic NFL merchandise/apparel.

I can't get over how many of the 'contact us' boxes were only links to contact them by email. No phone number, no address!!!

Not the type of company you wanna take a chance by spending your hard-earned dollars at. :therock:

PLEASE don't get fooled. You may get the merchandise, but it's fake. Those ridiculously low prices you find on these websites are for a very good reason.

If it's super-inexpensive from an American merchant, it's generally a clearing-house from a player no longer with that club that too many were produced and they just wanna move 'em out and take a loss on them.

Here's what I do when looking to buy a jersey at a website.

First thing I do is look for the 'contact us' info ... if there even is one.

If they don't list a USA type phone number ... and/or .... USA address, it generally means they're in China or someplace very foreign and I will not do business with them.

I found a nice authentic NFL jersey, clicked on the 'contact us' info .... listed there was a NJ phone number. I then contacted them, found out their office and where they ship from is out of New Jersey, and went over their return policy with them. It's also guaranteed to be authentic NFL merchandise/apparel.

I can't get over how many of the 'contact us' boxes were only links to contact them by email. No phone number, no address!!!

Not the type of company you wanna take a chance by spending your hard-earned dollars at. :therock:

PLEASE don't get fooled. You may get the merchandise, but it's fake. Those ridiculously low prices you find on these websites are for a very good reason.

If it's super-inexpensive from an American merchant, it's generally a clearing-house from a player no longer with that club that too many were produced and they just wanna move 'em out and take a loss on them.

you forgot the part about spending nearly $300 on a simple jersey ?

or do you happen to know about an American jersey shop thats inexpensive ? if so, i would certainly like to know about it !