The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

I was at Hawk Quarters in Chicago today and, no kidding, a guy walks in in the worst knock of and asks "hey, take a look at this, how much do you think this is worth?" and without missing a beat the girl behind the counter goes "nothing, that is a piece of garbage knock off. Needless to say, the dude goes absolutely ballistic because he is convinced that he's gotten the best deal on Earth when in fact what he got was, well, junk.

anyone really concerned about a knock off is/must be young and worried about trivial crap like what other people think. Or if youre older,you possess no wisdom and worry about really stupid crap. I have a couple knock offs and they are fine. The numbers are a tad big but its obvious what team is being represented and they are better quality than over priced pseudo replicas sold in America.

Sure its nice to have what is considered the real thing but paying 300 for a football jersey is pretty stupid....I do hope to get one eventually, but for now knock offs are fine.

One day I'd like to buy my own cable. But for now stealing my neighbors is fine.

pointless, unrelated, and means nothing. Get to the point ,jersey control freak.

I was at Hawk Quarters in Chicago today and, no kidding, a guy walks in in the worst knock of and asks "hey, take a look at this, how much do you think this is worth?" and without missing a beat the girl behind the counter goes "nothing, that is a piece of garbage knock off. Needless to say, the dude goes absolutely ballistic because he is convinced that he's gotten the best deal on Earth when in fact what he got was, well, junk.

anyone really concerned about a knock off is/must be young and worried about trivial crap like what other people think. Or if youre older,you possess no wisdom and worry about really stupid crap. I have a couple knock offs and they are fine. The numbers are a tad big but its obvious what team is being represented and they are better quality than over priced pseudo replicas sold in America.

Sure its nice to have what is considered the real thing but paying 300 for a football jersey is pretty stupid....I do hope to get one eventually, but for now knock offs are fine.

One day I'd like to buy my own cable. But for now stealing my neighbors is fine.

pointless, unrelated, and means nothing. Get to the point ,jersey control freak.

Unrelated? Both situations are people taking intellectual property with out purchasing it from the proper people.

I think in this case I am a law freak not a jersey freak.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Unrelated? Both situations are people taking intellectual property with out purchasing it from the proper people.

A law freak who openly admits to speeding and doesn't think there's anything wrong with driving under the influence.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

A law freak who openly admits to speeding and doesn't think there's anything wrong with driving under the influence.

How dense are you? Does your brain hurt when you try to think?

I have now had to post this for a third time. Hopefully it will finally get through your think skull and resonate in that gray mush you call a brain.

#1 Speeding is a victimless crime, intellectual property theft is not. Speeding is a civil infraction where as theft is a crime.

#2 Since I drive a company car I do not speed out of fear/concern of tickets or trouble at work.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

One day I'd like to have my own Porche, but for now, I can't afford one from the authroized retailer so I will just buy one on the black market from a chop shop. It's the same thing, right? I mean, I don't care whose intellectual property is being respected or paid for or anything, I just care that I can hit my pricepoint on the things I want, because gosh darn-it, I am entitled!

One day I'd like to have my own Porche, but for now, I can't afford one from the authroized retailer so I will just buy one on the black market from a chop shop. It's the same thing, right? I mean, I don't care whose intellectual property is being respected or paid for or anything, I just care that I can hit my pricepoint on the things I want, because gosh darn-it, I am entitled!

I'll post the quote from last page again and the guy who got 6 months in the federal pen for selling this stuff:

Following Friday’s sentencings, Mike Feinberg, Special Agent in Charge of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations in Bloomington, Minn., said, “The creation, smuggling and sale of counterfeit goods are not victimless crimes. Products that are produced and sold illegally are a threat to the health and safety of the public, harm trademark holders, are distributed by organized crime groups and are then sold to the detriment of local businesses and communities who derive no financial gain from illegal sales. ICE HSI is committed to an aggressive approach toward enforcing the nation’s intellectual property rights laws.”

But that's OK, you totally deserve that "cheap" shirt... Don't worry at all about the drug dealers or terrorists that are profiting off the sales, or the guy next door who owns the legitimate sports store thats going to lose his house since he lost all his jersey business to the counterfeit guys... Again, it's all about you, deserving a cheap shirt... :rolleyes:

All these arguments are pointless. You are over thinking something so simple.

if an authentic jersey maker is so worried about sales going down you need to lower the price.

buying a knock off doesnt promote any drug trade and comparing a fake jersey to purchasing a car is

stupid and unrelated.

so what if its not a so called authentic as long as it looks very much like a team you like it serves the same purpose and doesnr cost an unrealistic amount of money.

again, unless you are young and immature its not really anything important to think or worry about.

I could care less what an authentic jersey freak thinks. And like i said, these are miles better

then those overpriced officially licenced replicas, made of material that doesnt last.

if an authentic jersey maker is so worried about sales going down you need to lower the price.

buying a knock off doesnt promote any drug trade and comparing a fake jersey to purchasing a car is

stupid and unrelated.

so what if its not a so called authentic as long as it looks very much like a team you like it serves the same purpose and doesnr cost an unrealistic amount of money.

again, unless you are young and immature its not really anything important to think or worry about.

I could care less what an authentic jersey freak thinks. And like i said, these are miles better

then those overpriced officially licenced replicas, made of material that doesnt last.

Why do they need to lower the price? Nobody is entitled to an authentic jersey of their favorite team.

Let's put it into perspective then. You're on this board because you have an interest in sports logos, right? So say I create a logo and copyright it. Then, somebody takes my design, puts it on a jersey, prints it up and starts to sell them. I get zero percent of the profits. How is that fair?

And yes, there actually IS a difference between an officially licensed authentic jersey and a fake. If you don't think there is then you obviously don't have an authentic jersey.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Why are you guys arguing with this kid? You realize that not only can you not win, by even putting forth the effort, you're losing. When he grows up, he'll either be in jail for taking something that he feels he deserves to have because he wants it, or will have matured and understand why this is a crime and who it hurts, and why it isn't about anyone being an "authentic jersey freak".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why are you guys arguing with this kid? You realize that not only can you not win, by even putting forth the effort, you're losing. When he grows up, he'll either be in jail for taking something that he feels he deserves to have because he wants it, or will have matured and understand why this is a crime and who it hurts, and why it isn't about anyone being an "authentic jersey freak".

I can't lie. The justification of committing crimes makes me giggle.

what the hell is ccslc?

When he grows up, he'll either be in jail for taking something that he feels he deserves to have because he wants it, or will have matured and understand why this is a crime and who it hurts, and why it isn't about anyone being an "authentic jersey freak".

Do you honestly think that everyone who owns a piece of counterfeit merchandise ends up in jail? If the biggest crime someone commits in his life is owning a piece of counterfeit merchandise, I would say his parents did a pretty great job of raising him.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

When he grows up, he'll either be in jail for taking something that he feels he deserves to have because he wants it, or will have matured and understand why this is a crime and who it hurts, and why it isn't about anyone being an "authentic jersey freak".

Do you honestly think that everyone who owns a piece of counterfeit merchandise ends up in jail? If the biggest crime someone commits in his life is owning a piece of counterfeit merchandise, I would say his parents did a pretty great job of raising him.

Counterfeit jerseys are a gateway drug...next stops armed robbery, assault and battery, and then finally murder :P

I'd wager that most people don't care about theoretical infractions of property law. Yeah it's technically against the law like jaywalking or not transferring your old CDs to MP3 format, but really...big deal. Everyone who gets all hot and bothered about this should direct their energy to helping the sick or poor instead of defending the Yankees or whomever.

Bulldogs Marlies game today. In the two sections directly below me in the lower bowl, I spotted 3 fake Phaneufs, a fake Kadri, a fake Gilmour, a fake Sundin and a fake Kovalev.

I see no less than 250+ fakes at Canucks games. I don't even need to be a jersey buff to know they're fake. It's pathetic how obvious they are.

I have to chime in because this is so true. I was at game 1 vs. the Hawks and in my row alone I saw 3 fakes. It pisses me off. This one guy even had a '94 Canucks jersey with 'STANLEY CUP 94' on the back, all in the wrong font, colours, and obviously screen printed. Awful.

duck_sig.jpg

stupid and unrelated.

Why do they need to lower the price? Nobody is entitled to an authentic jersey of their favorite team.

Let's put it into perspective then. You're on this board because you have an interest in sports logos, right? So say I create a logo and copyright it. Then, somebody takes my design, puts it on a jersey, prints it up and starts to sell them. I get zero percent of the profits. How is that fair?

And yes, there actually IS a difference between an officially licensed authentic jersey and a fake. If you don't think there is then you obviously don't have an authentic jersey.

Jerseys arent worth $300 by any stretch. No one said anything about entitlement.

this isnt black market crap, this is right out in the open so theres no problem.

Knock offs dont make the official logo, they make it a little different. So the copyright really doesnt apply.

I dont really care, just threw that last one out there haha.

the makers of authentics arent losing money to the knock offs. People who want the so called real thing, get the real thing.

stupid and unrelated.

Jerseys arent worth $300 by any stretch. No one said anything about entitlement.

this isnt black market crap, this is right out in the open so theres no problem.

Knock offs dont make the official logo, they make it a little different. So the copyright really doesnt apply.

the makers of authentics arent losing money to the knock offs. People who want the so called real thing, get the real thing.

So what's the difference between the logo on this jersey and the logo on the logo on this jersey?

You, my boy, are an idiot.

what the hell is ccslc?

Counterfeit jerseys are a gateway drug...next stops armed robbery, assault and battery, and then finally murder :P

I'd wager that most people don't care about theoretical infractions of property law. Yeah it's technically against the law like jaywalking or not transferring your old CDs to MP3 format, but really...big deal. Everyone who gets all hot and bothered about this should direct their energy to helping the sick or poor instead of defending the Yankees or whomever.

OT: I assume the word "not" should be removed...is this illegal?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

OT: I assume the word "not" should be removed...is this illegal?

It is legal to rip MP3s of CDs you own. It's called phase shifting.

You are also allowed to rip DVDs you own to a hard drive or whatever for backup purposes (NOT to be shared). But guess what--breaking the copyright protection on DVDs technically violates the DMCA! Isn't this a great country?

and yeah lolling at the weak-ass justifications being tossed around in this thread

1zgyd8w.jpg

If I had PS skills I'd illustrate the unchallengeable truth of this by doing some famous serial killer decked out in a really bad counterfeit. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

This is ridiculous. Yes, the jerseys are worth $300 if that what the market decides. If people are willing to pay $300 for them, that is what they are worth. And it absolutely is a black market. Just because some people sell them out in the open, like my dumbass friend who last year wrote on his truck windows "STANLY CUP JERSEY'S $40" [sic], doesn't mean it isn't a black market. People who get caught selling counterfeit merchandise go to jail.

OldRomanSig2.jpg