The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

Yes. The football jersey photos did not look too bad, though they may have just stolen the photos from another site. I took a look at the Twins jerseys though, and they had the crap I see all over Target Field...Huge wordmarks, bad number font, pre-Target Field wordmark with target field patch. Awful. I'd guess everything's a fake, and probably a bad one.

And take a look at this beaut: Haulat

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

NHL jerseys are blatant fakes.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Yes. The football jersey photos did not look too bad, though they may have just stolen the photos from another site. I took a look at the Twins jerseys though, and they had the crap I see all over Target Field...Huge wordmarks, bad number font, pre-Target Field wordmark with target field patch. Awful. I'd guess everything's a fake, and probably a bad one.

And take a look at this beaut: Haulat

66932700.jpg

Haha, nice find.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I will say counterfeit's have gotten much better over the past few years. I remember how blatantly awful they used to be. Now, some look pretty good.

What I don't understand, and forgive me if this has been brought up before, but how come these websites have not been shut down yet? You'd think the leagues would be all over that, no?

They can't apply United States law to foreign companies. These places are mostly in China and Hong Kong.

Yeah, that's why the closest they've gotten is seizing domain names.

Seems like eBay is itching for a lawsuit though. Look at all the powersellers who deal in tons of obviously fake jerseys.

1zgyd8w.jpg

I know most of us rip those who support buying counterfeit jerseys, but really, who's stupid enough to want to buy that?

You do realize it's supposed to be green, right? It's a St. Patty's day knock-off. They will counterfit anything and everything I guess.

I know most of us rip those who support buying counterfeit jerseys, but really, who's stupid enough to want to buy that?

You do realize it's supposed to be green, right? It's a St. Patty's day knock-off. They will counterfit anything and everything I guess.

I know what it's supposed to be. It's just a really piss-poor attempt at trying to copy something. Much like those yellow Buccaneer throwback jerseys that I've seen worn once in real-life.

I had to ask the guy... "don't you think you'd have more pride than to be seen with such a cheap-looking knock-off of your favorite team?" He just shrugged and didn't say anything, and there wasn't a weight issue like Kinger had mentioned before, so I guess he was going cheap that day.

A friend of mine showed me this fake Avs jersey that was being sold on eBay. Had to share it, it is truly horrific. :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Colorado-Avalanche-NHL-shirt-/220742580631?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3365487997

$%28KGrHqZ,%21lIE1F3PZbojBNYQe0gJV%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

That doesn't really look like a knockoff to me, as much as it looks like a fashion jersey for kids.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Yes, genius, I'm a Sox fan...but did you look at that thing? Looks like it was cut out and sewn by hand.

87Redskins.png

Yes, genius, I'm a Sox fan...but did you look at that thing? Looks like it was cut out and sewn by hand.

I think you're being far too kind about the "quality" of that jersey. It's so blatantly fraudulent that if someone actually wore that to the game they'd be laughed out of the stadium.

Looks like it was cut out and sewn by hand.

You guys don't suppose the name and number appear wavy, not because it was "cut out and sewn by hand", but because of the folds and wave of the jersey hanging on the mannequin?

BTW, here's a damn good read about a fake jersey situation. The guy who's defending the fakes sounds exactly like the people on here defending them as well.

It seems to me the guy selling the jerseys in that email exchange made the more logical point -- the jerseys are coming from the same factories and using the same materials, the only difference is the extreme markup the league puts on the merchandise.

It seems to me the guy selling the jerseys in that email exchange made the more logical point -- the jerseys are coming from the same factories and using the same materials, the only difference is the extreme markup the league puts on the merchandise.

Dude, no. 1,000 times no. The materials are barely even close. And while the sweatshops that make real and fake jerseys are probably similar, you can be sure that no fake jerseys are made in the same exact places that produce jerseys for Majestic and Reebok. This is just as silly as the one guy who said "I think the factory just made too many so they sold a few on the side." :rolleyes:

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Dude, no. 1,000 times no. The materials are barely even close. And while the sweatshops that make real and fake jerseys are probably similar, you can be sure that no fake jerseys are made in the same exact places that produce jerseys for Majestic and Reebok. This is just as silly as the one guy who said "I think the factory just made too many so they sold a few on the side." :rolleyes:

The jersey I purchased sure is made from the same materials and is of the same quality as the markups found on NFL.com. Have you ever compared a "fake" and an "authentic" up close and in person or are you just assuming they're different? Do you know where "fakes" are manufactured and where "authentics" are produced or are you just assuming they're different? If you answered "yes" to both those questions, then I applaud you, but that still doesn't explain why I was able to purchase a remarkably authentic counterfeit jersey.

I agree there are many laughable counterfeit jerseys out there, but there do exist quality jerseys that can be purchased for considerably less than their American-sold counterparts.

The jersey I purchased sure is made from the same materials and is of the same quality as the markups found on NFL.com. Have you ever compared a "fake" and an "authentic" up close and in person or are you just assuming they're different? Do you know where "fakes" are manufactured and where "authentics" are produced or are you just assuming they're different? If you answered "yes" to both those questions, then I applaud you, but that still doesn't explain why I was able to purchase a remarkably authentic counterfeit jersey.

I agree there are many laughable counterfeit jerseys out there, but there do exist quality jerseys that can be purchased for considerably less than their American-sold counterparts.

O RLY?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Bulldogs Marlies game today. In the two sections directly below me in the lower bowl, I spotted 3 fake Phaneufs, a fake Kadri, a fake Gilmour, a fake Sundin and a fake Kovalev.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17