The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

Jerseys arent worth $300 by any stretch. No one said anything about entitlement.

this isnt black market crap, this is right out in the open so theres no problem.

Knock offs dont make the official logo, they make it a little different. So the copyright really doesnt apply.

I dont really care, just threw that last one out there haha.

the makers of authentics arent losing money to the knock offs. People who want the so called real thing, get the real thing.

This is ridiculous. Yes, the jerseys are worth $300 if that what the market decides. If people are willing to pay $300 for them, that is what they are worth. And it absolutely is a black market. Just because some people sell them out in the open, like my dumbass friend who last year wrote on his truck windows "STANLY CUP JERSEY'S $40" [sic], doesn't mean it isn't a black market. People who get caught selling counterfeit merchandise go to jail.

This has been my only contention in this thread -- if fakes are so readily available and as popular as they are, then clearly, the market has decided that $300 for an authentic NFL jersey is too much.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

This has been my only contention in this thread -- if fakes are so readily available and as popular as they are, then clearly, the market has decided that $300 for an authentic NFL jersey is too much.

Hardly. Just because a market exists for knock off items, it doesn't mean that the original item is priced too high. It means that people who want the real thing can't or won't spend the money to get it. A 2L of Coke at $1.79 is not overpriced simply because there are people who think Big K Cola tastes exactly the same and costs $.79. Now, if Big K becomes the #1 selling brand at that price point with that recipe, then you would have something. But as long as people continue to buy authentic jerseys at the prices they are at now, there isn't any black market justification for a price reduction.

And I know you know that just because something is popular doesn't make it good or right. Especially in America.

Jerseys arent worth $300 by any stretch. No one said anything about entitlement.

this isnt black market crap, this is right out in the open so theres no problem.

Knock offs dont make the official logo, they make it a little different. So the copyright really doesnt apply.

the makers of authentics arent losing money to the knock offs. People who want the so called real thing, get the real thing.

Maybe the worst post in the history of the internets. Each point, completely and totally wrong. Eesh.

spikes.jpg

lol-wut.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Hardly. Just because a market exists for knock off items, it doesn't mean that the original item is priced too high. It means that people who want the real thing can't or won't spend the money to get it. A 2L of Coke at $1.79 is not overpriced simply because there are people who think Big K Cola tastes exactly the same and costs $.79. Now, if Big K becomes the #1 selling brand at that price point with that recipe, then you would have something. But as long as people continue to buy authentic jerseys at the prices they are at now, there isn't any black market justification for a price reduction.

And I know you know that just because something is popular doesn't make it good or right. Especially in America.

Using your example, if a knockoff jersey were $45 and a real jersey were $75, I bet more people would buy the real authentic. Maybe not enough to maintain Reebok and the NFL's tiered jersey pricing system (where the cheap, screen-printed jersey is the $75 offering), but probably enough to still turn a profit. Similarly, if Coca-Cola were $5 for a 2 liter, I bet you'd see you Big K doing a lot better.

All I'm saying is that the NFL aids and abets the knockoff industry by pricing people out of the authentic market. We can argue all day long that people don't have a right to a jersey -- you'll get no disagreement from me! But people scoffing at $300 jerseys at Champs are instead looking to eBay and finding what they want at a price they're willing to pay.

Again, I'm not justifying purchasing illegal jerseys. I'm just saying that Reebok and the NFL are partly responsible for them being so readily available.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Perhaps not the best choice of words, but you get my point. The NFL's pricing creates a secondary market that's extremely easy for people to participate in. I think that's obvious.

Perhaps not the best choice of words, but you get my point. The NFL's pricing creates a secondary market that's extremely easy for people to participate in. I think that's obvious.

And then their counter-argument will be "BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT LEGAL!!! ITS STILL STEALING!!". There's nothing more annoying than people who think they never break a law, and come down on other people for it. It's almost impossible to live your life without (intentionally or unintentionally) breaking some kind of law. Like I said before, if owning a baseball cap that I bought in Chinatown is the worst crime I've ever committed, then I'm proud of the way I'm living my life. Everything is relative, people.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

It cracks me up that people still don't understand why members of a sports logos/uniforms board would dislike counterfeitting.

Look, nobody's claiming they've never broken a law. What pisses us off is the stupid justifications people use for why they think counterfeit jerseys should be legal. They shouldn't be - it's a bunch of poor-quality garbage, and furthermore, counterfeit jersey sales harm intellectual property a lot more than, say, downloading MP3's. At least people who illegally download are doing it for personal use instead of for profit.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It cracks me up that people still don't understand why members of a sports logos/uniforms board would dislike counterfeitting.

Look, nobody's claiming they've never broken a law. What pisses us off is the stupid justifications people use for why they think counterfeit jerseys should be legal. They shouldn't be - it's a bunch of poor-quality garbage, and furthermore, counterfeit jersey sales harm intellectual property a lot more than, say, downloading MP3's. At least people who illegally download are doing it for personal use instead of for profit.

How many people you got posting from your computer?

None of what you said is incompatible with what I said: IP theft is bad doesn't cancel out that the NFL's pricing has given way to a knockoff industry.

LOL at all you immature fools who think having an authentic jersey is important in life

and the thing that proves youre a worthy fan or something.

Just a bunch of myopic , Archie Bunker rednecks who debate pointless crap.

Jerseys arent worth $300 dollars to an intelligent man and comparing $2 and .75 CENTS sodas

is a weak example and has nothing to do with $300 items.

General quote I've read here- "I saw all these fans wearing fakes/knock offs at the game and I was disgusted." = people who think like this need to get a life.

LOL at all you immature fools who think having an authentic jersey is important in life

Jerseys arent worth $300 dollars to an intelligent man and comparing $2 and .75 CENTS sodas

General quote I've read here- "I saw all these fans wearing fakes/knock offs at the game and I was disgusted." = people who think like this need to get a life.

hahaha...wow. Looks like the short bus has just pulled up to the CC Forum.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

No, the "short bus" is the people keeping this pointless topic alive.

only Children worry about whether they have an authentic jersey or not

No, the "short bus" is the people keeping this pointless topic alive.

only Children worry about whether they have an authentic jersey or not

Then why even comment on the subject? All it does is make you sound like you're crying.

diaper.jpg

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

You see, nothing you said here was remotely intelligent.

Why are people immature for not supporting the Chinese mafia by purchasing innacurate knockoff jerseys? I think your "Wah wah! I want a jersey! I don't care if it's illegal" attitude is far more immature.

And none of the allegations have anything to do with being myopic, rednecks or Archie Bunker (who wasn't even a redneck). I'm trying to see into your miniscule brain here, but are you trying to claim that people who don't like counterfeit jerseys are bigots? You just keep reaching for the insults. Next time save a few words and just call us dirty poo-poo heads.

Jerseys are worth what the market determines people are willing to pay for them. If Reebok didn't sell a single $300 jersey, the prices would come down. Just because you refuse to pay the money doesn't mean you are entitled to have one anyway. You can say that no car is worth $200,000, but some people are willing to buy them. That doesn't make them any less intelligent.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yeah, who would think this kind of opinion would be prevalent on a sports logos and uniforms message board, amirite?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?