The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

I now live in China and there are multiple stores in the largest market in town that sell these fakes and I'll say this much, for China they're not all that cheap. Cheap for the US, sure but not cheap for the average Chinese. In the three or four times I've been to that market I've never seen anyone near those shops who didn't appear to be westerners. The only jersey I've seen a Chinese wear was a Kobe Bryant jersey and even then I've only seen one.

I want a Bill's knock off of last years uni now that they are changing looks

Why would you do that when you can buy them right now on their official team shop for over 50% off? You'd pay more in shipping for the China piece of %^&$ jersey than you would for the real deal.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I checked out of this thread on like page 4, but I'll put in my two cents again.

I'm 15, and always bought child replicas as a kid (Redskins of course). All my jerseys became obsolete before this year because of Campbells trade and Portis becoming crappy/me getting taller. Those were adult replicas by the way... So I thought, why not pay twenty bucks more to get a much better jersey. I mean, it's MUCH better. I got an Orakpo Premier and LOVED it. I'm going to mow some lawns and babysit my neighbors kids this summer so I can buy myself a Jake Locker or (Drafted/Signed/Landry) Premier.

Get yourself an Atogwe! Or Sean Taylor... that's one that will be awesome forever.

Atogwe would be great, but I'd be hesitant. Maybe if he has another great turnover year, but I'd like to offense (Locker or Julio if we draft). With Taylor... I don't want to. After he died, I bought a custom jersey that said RIP and had 21. WORST. DECISION. OF. MY. LIFE. I never wanted to wear it after the 2007 season (I was 11...). And I haven't. I would never buy a Taylor jersey.

To each his own, I love rockin my Taylor jersey. I also got a Banks one too recently because I think he's so cool, I like gettin players that are kind of less popular. Another example, I had a Marko Mitchell one (obviously that one isn't so great now)

But yeah I can understand not wanting to rock the RIP 21 jersey. Kinda brings back stuff people don't wanna think about.

I'm not going to be getting a Kerrigan to go wtih my Orakpo however :P

Maybe Hankerson if he does well this year (like next year I'd buy it)

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

A guy here in my town just got sentanced to 6 months in FEDERAL PRISON for selling Chinese fakes at his store:

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/article/id/100027639/

Note, from the article:

Following Friday’s sentencings, Mike Feinberg, Special Agent in Charge of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations in Bloomington, Minn., said, “The creation, smuggling and sale of counterfeit goods are not victimless crimes. Products that are produced and sold illegally are a threat to the health and safety of the public, harm trademark holders, are distributed by organized crime groups and are then sold to the detriment of local businesses and communities who derive no financial gain from illegal sales. ICE HSI is committed to an aggressive approach toward enforcing the nation’s intellectual property rights laws.”

Want to know the definition of "complete 'effin moron"? THE EXACT SAME MALL that this clown sold this crap at now has a new store selling NBA China rip-offs. This story has been all over the news here for the last month, yet this guy can't wait to join him... These people deserve what they get.

A random FB profile pic that showed up in my newsfeed. Yep, it's a knockoff.

203208_516238945_4235090_n.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

So I just got back from China. It's not surprising that so many knock-off jerseys are made there, as IP theft isn't really respected anywhere, at all. I saw tons of adisad, Kapap (or Kampa), Nokla, Samsing, Polo USA, Apple mp4, Epad and a million other similar products freely available from what looked like reputable storefronts. That's not to say you can't find the real stuff -- there are plenty of high-end shopping centers (at least there were in Beijing and Shanghai) that sell the real stuff. However, it's such a small percentage of China's population that can purchase items at those stores that it hardly matters.

I passed on an Arsenal kit/short combo that was offered at 100 CNY, or about $15 (the original price was 420 CNY/$64). I probably could have purchased two together at that price. Interestingly, there were tons of soccer and basketball jerseys available; I didn't see any NFL or NHL fakes about.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So I just got back from China. It's not surprising that so many knock-off jerseys are made there, as IP theft isn't really respected anywhere, at all. I saw tons of adisad, Kapap (or Kampa), Nokla, Samsing, Polo USA, Apple mp4, Epad and a million other similar products freely available from what looked like reputable storefronts.

ADDIDAS.jpg

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

So I just got back from China. It's not surprising that so many knock-off jerseys are made there, as IP theft isn't really respected anywhere, at all. I saw tons of adisad, Kapap (or Kampa), Nokla, Samsing, Polo USA, Apple mp4, Epad and a million other similar products freely available from what looked like reputable storefronts.

ADDIDAS.jpg

Yup -- and lots more just like that, in any number of derivations.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

ADDIDAS.jpg

Maybe she's a Math major.

87Redskins.png

So I just got back from China. It's not surprising that so many knock-off jerseys are made there, as IP theft isn't really respected anywhere, at all. I saw tons of adisad, Kapap (or Kampa), Nokla, Samsing, Polo USA, Apple mp4, Epad and a million other similar products freely available from what looked like reputable storefronts. That's not to say you can't find the real stuff -- there are plenty of high-end shopping centers (at least there were in Beijing and Shanghai) that sell the real stuff. However, it's such a small percentage of China's population that can purchase items at those stores that it hardly matters.

I passed on an Arsenal kit/short combo that was offered at 100 CNY, or about $15 (the original price was 420 CNY/$64). I probably could have purchased two together at that price. Interestingly, there were tons of soccer and basketball jerseys available; I didn't see any NFL or NHL fakes about.

If you had gone to the market at the Science and Technology museum in Shanghai there are two stores there that have a lot of NHL fakes on display. Haven't seen much in the way of anything NFL (legit or counterfeit) in the time I've been in Shanghai.

I want a Bill's knock off of last years uni now that they are changing looks

Why would you do that when you can buy them right now on their official team shop for over 50% off? You'd pay more in shipping for the China piece of %^&$ jersey than you would for the real deal.

a half off authentic would still be over $100 , how is that better ?

I googled official site and all they sell is replicas

We can clearly see the backs of 8 jerseys in this pic outside of Joe Louis Arena, 2 (possibly up to 4) appear to be fakes:

Fakes.jpg

The Lidstrom on the left and the Zetterberg are definitely fake. Not sure about the Datsyuk. (Leaning towards real) The Yzermans and the Lapointe are real. The #8 in the back appears to be a cheap personalization or a fake.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17