NFL logos in European football crest form

WSU151

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football crests usually top their shields with stars, signifying league championships won. If these NFL crests were to be decked with such stars, do only the Super Bowl titles count? Or do pre-Super Bowl titles also count? How about old AFL titles? And what about titles won by the franchise in other cities? Do the Oakland Raiders have only two stars or three (as they'll count the 1983 NFL championship won in their Los Angeles stint)?

Manchester City uses the stars won before the top flight spun off into the Premier League, so I'd say pre-Super Bowl titles do indeed count.

And since the Raiders didn't leave their Lombardi Trophy behind in LA, the Oakland team would display all three stars.

Manchester City uses the stars won before the top flight spun off into the Premier League, so I'd say pre-Super Bowl titles do indeed count.

Actually, the stars are purely decorative for Man City.

My only issue with these is that each logo is forced onto a real european team's identity. In some cases it works great - but not in all cases.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Actually, the stars are purely decorative for Man City.

My only issue with these is that each logo is forced onto a real european team's identity. In some cases it works great - but not in all cases.

What are some f the european teams?

Well, if you hover over each logo it displays the country it is based from. Then you can check out that leagues logos and see for yourself as I am not going to name them all - but here are a few so you get the idea:

Green Bay = Fulham FC

New Orleans = Granada CF

San Diego = Dortmund (BVB)

Chicago = Aston Villa

Cleveland = Napoli

Cincinnati = Bayern Munich

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Well, if you hover over each logo it displays the country it is based from. Then you can check out that leagues logos and see for yourself as I am not going to name them all - but here are a few so you get the idea:

Green Bay = Fulham FC

New Orleans = Granada CF

San Diego = Dortmund (BVB)

Chicago = Aston Villa

Cleveland = Napoli

Cincinnati = Bayern Munich

Thank you, I'll check the others out later.

Football crests usually top their shields with stars, signifying league championships won. If these NFL crests were to be decked with such stars, do only the Super Bowl titles count? Or do pre-Super Bowl titles also count? How about old AFL titles? And what about titles won by the franchise in other cities? Do the Oakland Raiders have only two stars or three (as they'll count the 1983 NFL championship won in their Los Angeles stint)?

I would imagine the NFL would probably only want to count Super Bowl championships.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived