2014 FIFA World Cup

DS729

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry El Tri but Oranje is The New Black. Great game though.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

To be fair, there was a clear penalty (actually, two consecutive clear penalties) on Robben in stoppage time in the first half. So the Dutch deserved a penalty kick opportunity at one point or another.

EDIT: Dammit, Needschat beat me to it.

25yzwqg.png

I have to say this CRC v GRE R16 match is really only going in one direction...Costa Rica is constantly putting pressure on the Greeks. It't looking like the Greeks are wanting it to go to penalty kicks even after 32'. This Greek side is kind of disappointing.

Plus it's great to see Joel Campbell is finally shining on the world stage. Wenger saw something special in the kid a few years back. His loan spells in La Liga and the Greek Super League has helped him mature plus hone his footballing skills. It's great to hear Wenger wants him at pre-season training, saying that Campbell is in the plans for the 2014/15 season.

Well the Greeks have paid for their lack man marking and closing down those open spaces. Ruiz scores a pinpoint goal that the Greek GK didn't even move. And what a deliberate handball by the Greek defender just after the restart. How did the referee miss that handball. Should have been a CRC PK.

Greece and that trollolololo schtick strikes again.

Well, just 3 goals in 4 games warrants criticism. Admittedly, they have looked better offensively in this match, even if it is because Costa Rica has 10 men.

Archived