College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

New Liberty Flame uniforms via UniWatch:

Bu9x6MjCYAA9e0p.jpg

Again, what's with the trend of basketball shorts instead of football pants?

I don't see why you're calling them basketball shorts. In the unveils, sure players bring up the pants over their knees, because they aren't gonna wear pads, but come game time those'll be pulled over a pair of knee pads, and no "basketball shorts" will appear.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bu9x6MjCYAA9e0p.jpg

I don't see why you're calling them basketball shorts. In the unveils, sure players bring up the pants over their knees, because they aren't gonna wear pads, but come game time those'll be pulled over a pair of knee pads, and no "basketball shorts" will appear.
I have noticed players not wearing knee pads in games and going with the shorts look. It isn't just the jersey unveilings.

And, Liberty, really? Three jerseys and helmets? Liberty?

It feels more comfortable to them, and less constricting. The NFL has rules against it because of safety but NCAA does not.

And the phrase you are looking for is biker shorts not basketball shorts

I'm pretty surethe NCAA has the same rule. they were enforcing it at least since 1998 and the NFL just got on board maybe two years ago.

Bu9x6MjCYAA9e0p.jpg

Actually, the man has a point. We saw "basketball shorts" in actual games last season:

460x_zpsff660fbf.jpg

I can't begin to understand why anyone other than a kicker/punter would want to set foot on a football field without knee pads, but it does seem to be a thing. .

Bu9x6MjCYAA9e0p.jpg

Actually, the man has a point. We saw "basketball shorts" in actual games last season:

460x_zpsff660fbf.jpg

I can't begin to understand why anyone other than a kicker/punter would want to set foot on a football field without knee pads, but it does seem to be a thing. .

Because they're not gonna prevent major knee injuries, they're likely to just prevent knee bruises, etc. big pants are really uncomfortable.

Bu9x6MjCYAA9e0p.jpg

460x_zpsff660fbf.jpg

Because they're not gonna prevent major knee injuries, they're likely to just prevent knee bruises, etc. big pants are really uncomfortable.

Yeah safety is absolute BS as 90% of the knee contact is going to come at a player where the padding is not covering. I also agree that having a seam directly behind your knee is very uncomfortable and annoying which is why players have often done homemade modifications for decades.

Thigh pads are a different story but most players go minimal on that front as well but it can soften a direct blow.

Bu9x6MjCYAA9e0p.jpg

460x_zpsff660fbf.jpg

"Just prevent knee bruises"? You make it sound like hitting your knee on a helmet is no big deal. I guess the players today are just a lot tougher than we were. B)

Bu9x6MjCYAA9e0p.jpg

460x_zpsff660fbf.jpg

"Just prevent knee bruises"? You make it sound like hitting your knee on a helmet is no big deal. I guess the players today are just a lot tougher than we were.

Yeah cheap foam padding isn't really going to soften the blow of a reinforced poly-carbonate helmet shell striking with force. Also the most vulnerable parts of your knee and hits your knee is most vulnerable to come from either underneath or the side.

Bu8Gy79CMAAvNGw.jpg

The other side

For $&@%'s sake, it's by far the worst helmet ever!!!

Numbers on one side is the worst trend ever outside of pinktober. Worse than the chrome, grey, black and matte trends. I can't think of a single helmet that looks better this way than it would with a logo.

Bu8Gy79CMAAvNGw.jpg

The other side

Numbers on one side is the worst trend ever outside of pinktober. Worse than the chrome, grey, black and matte trends. I can't think of a single helmet that looks better this way than it would with a logo.

I'm still waiting for chrome uniforms... That would be quite the sight...

Bu8Gy79CMAAvNGw.jpg

The other side

I'm still waiting for chrome uniforms... That would be quite the sight...

cowboys are set to unveil their own chrome fabric next season, aren't they? :wink2:

Archived