North American Pro Soccer 2014

DS729

Incredible finish in Seattle. Clint Dempsey somehow couldn't find the back of the net from mere feet away from the goal line, but journeyman substitute Chad Barrett finally scored with fewer than 20 seconds remaining in stoppage time and the Sounders beat Sporting KC 1-0.

25yzwqg.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I just saw how the Galaxy lost tonight:

A gift of a PK call by the Foot Locker refs inside the box, followed by a Robbie Keane miss because of Nick Rimando during stoppage time.

Not complaining because the call was dubiously stupid, but holy hell, Rimando's MLS HoF resume just continues to pile-on.

Well what do you expect when the league doesn't hire proper officials for the league. And no I am not saying PRO officials are proper or good in any way. Officiating standards need to get better. I'm a football official for over 14 years and I'm tired of seeing these so called FIFA listed officials in the MLS make the basic mistakes. Atrocious.

Meanwhile, in Columbus, the Crew have deliberately and inexplicably blacked out their games (even away games) for any fans in a 75-mile radius who for some strange reason won't give money to Time Warner Cable (or who refuse to move into a TWC area): http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2014/march/columbus-crew-fans-revolt-against-team-s-new-television-deal.html

Radius.jpg

Meanwhile, you haven't been reading upthread :)

Also, this is a good defense of MLS, after a hackjob from Deadspin said MLS sucks because it's not EPL or La Liga.

Weren't the Crew supposed to be um like working man's team, hence the logo with construction workers

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well, I don't know about that, but they were emphasizing the local connections. Especially the "you don't have to root for Cleveland or Cincinnatti this time" vibe.

Stupid.

In NYCFC news, they've unveiled the two choices for their fan vote:

BiX2aVhCEAEUap_.jpg

nycfc_BadgeStory.png

I really love the idea of that shield, but there's too much blank space. And I really don't like the multi-colored monogram.

I prefer this compromise, though it ain't gonna happen:

nycfc_mashup-crest1.png

Well, I don't know about that, but they were emphasizing the local connections. Especially the "you don't have to root for Cleveland or Cincinnatti this time" vibe.

Stupid.

In NYCFC news, they've unveiled the two choices for their fan vote:BiX2aVhCEAEUap_.jpg

nycfc_BadgeStory.png

I really love the idea of that shield, but there's too much blank space. And I really don't like the multi-colored monogram.

I prefer this compromise, though it ain't gonna happen:nycfc_mashup-crest1.png

I like the circular subway token logo. Nice

Yeah I support the Whitecaps. They are the closest Canadian club to Victoria BC...no way in hell I'm supporting Spittle (Seattle) or the Timbits (Timbers)....

There's always the Highlanders.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Hey guys I'm being around these boards for ages but just been getting into soccer these last few years, do any of you know where I can get a usmnt 2012 jersey that isn't a shady website? I'm either looking for the red hoops jersey or the red alt. with navy sash. Any help would be appreciated

Yeah I support the Whitecaps. They are the closest Canadian club to Victoria BC...no way in hell I'm supporting Spittle (Seattle) or the Timbits (Timbers)....

I should have made myself more clear....Vancouver Whitecaps are the closest Canadian MLS club to Victoria, BC. I have been supporting the Victoria Highlanders FC since they announced the club in August 2008. I've been a supporter section season ticket holder for 6 seasons now. As well, I have been a member of the Highlanders only supporters group, the Lake Side Buoys since the inaugural season and the president of the group going on my second season. Victoria HIghlanders FC are the only supporter-owned football club in North America. Season ticket holders own 30% of the club with a Supporters' Board making decisions with the club front office. I lvoe the feeling of being involved with a community Non-League club.

I should have made myself more clear....Vancouver Whitecaps are the closest Canadian MLS club to Victoria, BC. I have been supporting the Victoria Highlanders FC since they announced the club in August 2008. I've been a supporter section season ticket holder for 6 seasons now. As well, I have been a member of the Highlanders only supporters group, the Lake Side Buoys since the inaugural season and the president of the group going on my second season. Victoria HIghlanders FC are the only supporter-owned football club in North America. Season ticket holders own 30% of the club with a Supporters' Board making decisions with the club front office. I lvoe the feeling of being involved with a community Non-League club.
Aaactually, there's two...your club and the newly minted (but way too predictably dubbed) Nashville FC, down in middle Tennessee.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

In NYCFC news, they've unveiled the two choices for their fan vote:

BiX2aVhCEAEUap_.jpg

Though roundel logos are bare and boring, I prefer the one on the right. It looks more professional to me, whereas the logo on the left looks like a generic template one would use in a video game.

Aaactually, there's two...your club and the newly minted (but way too predictably dubbed) Nashville FC, down in middle Tennessee.

Nashville FC? What division do they play in the PDL? What's they're supporter ownership structure based on?

Archived