MLB Combination of Eras - D-Backs in Purple and Red (March 25)

davidmiller5

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the Pirates update. Just removed the stripes from the main hat and the yellow hat. The hats are interchangeable; they don't specifically go with the jerseys they are above. The plain black hat is the one that would be worn most of the time.

PIRATESLOGOSv2.png

pirateshomeuniformsv2.png

piratesAWAYuniformsv2.png

that yellow unit is GORGEOUS

tumblr_n0sl8uxA1j1r95dfvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0sl8uxA1j1r95dfvo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0sl8uxA1j1r95dfvo3_1280.jpg

Thanks again for all the comments. I was able to get St. Louis done since I had some extra free time this week.

CARDINALSLOGOSv2.png

CARDINALSUNIFORMSv2.png

CARDINALSElementExplanation.png

This one isn't that complicated. The Cardinals have had a steady look, but I was still able to combine some different eras. The biggest change is the bat is now navy; I did this for two reasons: 1.It brings back their first bird-on-bat look. 2. It bothers me that otherwise anatomically accurate cardinals don't have yellow legs; a navy bat allows for yellow legs.

I love their St. Louis script alternate (which they also used from 1930-32), so I basically left that the same; I didn't feel that the St. Louis script should be on the away jersey because they have so much history with the Cardinals script. I wanted to make a red jersey for them, but I don't think they should wear it during games, so I made a BP jersey for them. That way they could sell it, but it wouldn't cause an uproar like if they would wear it during the game.

They could wear the navy hats with the away jersey. I went with a red bill because they wore a navy cap with a red bill as their main hat from 1940-63. In my opinion, it looks better than the solid navy hat they wore during the 90s and 2000s.

The Cardinals have always had striped hosiery, I took a striping pattern they wore during the 1930s and 40s instead of their current pattern.

The tertiary logo is an recoloring of an alternate logo they used from 1949-64.

EDIT: I updated the tertiary logo on 4/7/14 because ren69 updated the logo.

award%20sig.png

Never been a big fan of that tertiary logo. In fact, the first time I saw it I thought it was fake and just somebody's drawing they put on a T-shirt.

I'd rock this one:

q115izhqg0vdhh7g6eqv.gif

Despite my preferences, though, I really like the updates. And I'm a Cardinals fan.

I'd love to see the old powder-blue jersey in there.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

That tertiary logo is neat. I've never seen it before. It was ahead of its time in a way because it looks more like something someone would design today rather than back in the 1940s.

I'd go ahead and put "St. Louis" on the road uniforms. Per your link, there is evidence the team actually wore uniforms that said "St. Louis" across the front on the road, so those St. Louis alternates don't have to be restricted to just home use.

There are two more things I'd add to this set. First, in the 70s and 80s the Cardinals had a powder blue set they wore on the road. I'd include that as an alternate. Second, though I personally never liked them I'd also add the bird-on-bat caps back. Like them or not they are a part of the Cardinals' history and can't be left out.

Thanks again for all your comments. It really does mean a lot.

I still wish the Cardinals would use the St. Louis script for their away jerseys.

Fair enough. I really like the St. Louis script, I just felt that the bird on bat Cardinals script is so ubiquitous to St. Louis's image that I shouldn't use the St. Louis script on a main uniform.

Never been a big fan of that tertiary logo. In fact, the first time I saw it I thought it was fake and just somebody's drawing they put on a T-shirt.

I'd rock this one:

q115izhqg0vdhh7g6eqv.gif

Despite my preferences, though, I really like the updates. And I'm a Cardinals fan.

I'd love to see the old powder-blue jersey in there.

Again, fair enough. I thought about using this logo but decided to go with the other one. I probably don't really have a really good reason for using the other one. I just liked it and also liked that it was a pitcher (to balance the bat on the main logo).

That tertiary logo is neat. I've never seen it before. It was ahead of its time in a way because it looks more like something someone would design today rather than back in the 1940s.

I'd go ahead and put "St. Louis" on the road uniforms. Per your link, there is evidence the team actually wore uniforms that said "St. Louis" across the front on the road, so those St. Louis alternates don't have to be restricted to just home use.

There are two more things I'd add to this set. First, in the 70s and 80s the Cardinals had a powder blue set they wore on the road. I'd include that as an alternate. Second, though I personally never liked them I'd also add the bird-on-bat caps back. Like them or not they are a part of the Cardinals' history and can't be left out.

I decided not to give them a powder blue uniform because they only wore them during the powder blue boom. Quite a few teams incorporated the blue during the 70s and 80s, so for me the powder blue wasn't necessary. If the community wants to see a powder blue uniform, I can whip one up though.

I decided to get rid of the bird-on-bat hat because that logo isn't a part of their identity in this concept. I would also have a harder time getting it onto a hat because with a red cardinal and a blue bat, one of the elements would get swallowed up.

award%20sig.png

I have been slowly working on Arizona. Personally, I prefer the red and black they currently have, but I have decided to use the black and sand colors they currently have but go with either the green or purple from their original look. I can't quite decide which way to go. One problem is that the color scheme won't be unique. The green and black is close to what the Marlins have (in this series) and the purple and black is close to the Rockies (although the Rockies' purple is darker). Anyhow, which should I use?

ScreenShot2014-04-04at83851PM.png

ScreenShot2014-04-04at84917PM.png

ScreenShot2014-04-04at83823PM.png

ScreenShot2014-04-04at84828PM.png

award%20sig.png

I think the green and black would work best for the Dbacks. The green could easily be explained as representing the Arizona cacti. And the green and black just looks easier on the eyes, too!

Agreed.

Archived